Gay friendly church gets flags burned......

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2016, 05:30 AM
Gay friendly church gets flags burned......
http://www.advocate.com/crime/2016/4/12/...ina-church

I hope someone rats out whomever did this.

But this also addresses the divisions religions cause. There are right wing Christians who have seen this story in the news, it was on local TV too, who are secretly cheering this sick behavior on. It is the same reason Sunnis and Shiites cant get long too. All religions, be it the empathetic liberal left, or the theocratic bigoted right, the sub sects read the same books and come to different conclusions as to what their god wants morally.

Theses sickos might as well be burning crosses or throwing gays off rooftops. But this is also why I don't like my well intended left always insisting on never offending. The right is still using the same book the left is.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
14-04-2016, 06:45 AM
RE: Gay friendly church gets flags burned......
Somebody's compensating. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
14-04-2016, 09:59 AM
The only positive thing that I can see from this is that it may make some fence sitters actually read the damn book and realize that the bible DOES condemn gays and those churches that are cherry picking to say that it doesn't will get off the fence and out of the churches.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
14-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Is this really that surprising, given the laws enacted there recently? Quite unfortunate.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
29-05-2016, 07:20 AM
In happier news...

"St. Frances X. Cabrini was one of more than 75 parishes closed by the archdiocese to deal with declining Mass attendance, a shortage of priests and deteriorating church buildings. The closings came after a clergy sex abuse crisis rocked the Catholic Church, starting in Boston but extending throughout the world.” Smile

http://www.appeal-democrat.com/news/nati...571e2.html

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
29-05-2016, 07:25 AM
The xtian extremists will just say, "maybe it'll bring them to their senses and get them right with god."

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
29-05-2016, 07:26 AM
huh. ive known a lot of gay people and they always strike me as being more bright than the average person. im surprised they would even go to church.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
29-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Good.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
30-05-2016, 01:23 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT-affir...th_America
Religion seems to be addictive. It is popular with many women and with many LGBTs. Religionists certainly are an irrational crowd.