Gay genes.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
07-06-2015, 03:34 PM
Rainbow Gay genes.
The issue as to whether gays are genetically determined that way' or whether choice is an issue is controversial Procon.org.
No gay gene has been discovered and the scientific community is split on the issue.
Indeed, some gays such as Cynthia Nixon of Sex in the City dislikes the claim that her choice isn't really one, but something pre determined.
Camille Paglia Phd , Ben Carsons Pofessor Emeritus Neuro Science et al see choice as also a factor.
It would seem that bi-sexuality adds further to the idea that many gay people choose their sexuality rather than being driven by it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2015, 03:40 PM
RE: Gay genes.
... and ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-06-2015, 03:44 PM
Bullshit.
No 4 or 5 year old is capable of such a "choice".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-06-2015, 03:44 PM
But regardless whether it is a choice or not, people can freely form consenting relationships with other adults and its not anyone else's business.

It's certainly not my place to gather information about Mr and Mrs woof and then for me to express whether I think it is OK or not for Mr and Mrs woof to be in a relationship.

Did Mr woof like Mrs woof because he was genetically predisposed or was it due to choice?
Answer - Who the fuck cares!

Mr woof, if you would like to have an open debate on your issues with gay people, gay adoption, gay choices then you really need to fully engage in a debate. You seem to make half assed statements and then ignore all the responses you get. What is the point in these posts of yours?
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
07-06-2015, 03:48 PM
(07-06-2015 03:40 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... and ?

Well! Come up with what you will.
The claim that most gays are genetically determined to be that way, and choice is an impossibility may well be misleading.
07-06-2015, 03:50 PM
(07-06-2015 03:34 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  The issue as to whether gays are genetically determined that way' or whether choice is an issue is controversial Procon.org.
No gay gene has been discovered and the scientific community is split on the issue.
Indeed, some gays such as Cynthia Nixon of Sex in the City dislikes the claim that her choice isn't really one, but something pre determined.
Camille Paglia Phd , Ben Carsons Pofessor Emeritus Neuro Science et al see choice as also a factor.
It would seem that bi-sexuality adds further to the idea that many gay people choose their sexuality rather than being driven by it.
I'm gay and I can guarantee you that I didn't 'choose' to be gay.
In fact, considering the emotional turmoil this caused me as a youth, I Find the idea that I may have chosen to go though that slightly insulting.

I don't think there is one simple answer for this to be honest.
I think it can be argued that in some cases your experiences during your sexual development and other factors (in some rare cases abuse) cab influence your sexual tastes.

My childhood was fairly normal and my first experience was with a girl when I was 16. By then I was already attracted to the same sex (but was in major denial)!

But I can assure you that for me and the majority of gay friends I have, choice was never an option.

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 7 users Like LostLegend's post
07-06-2015, 03:51 PM
(07-06-2015 03:48 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 03:40 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... and ?

Well! Come up with what you will.
The claim that most gays are genetically determined to be that way, and choice is an impossibility may well be misleading.

Yay? I am glad to know I have options... Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-06-2015, 04:03 PM
(07-06-2015 03:44 PM)Stevil Wrote:  But regardless whether it is a choice or not, people can freely form consenting relationships with other adults and its not anyone else's business.

It's certainly not my place to gather information about Mr and Mrs woof and then for me to express whether I think it is OK or not for Mr and Mrs woof to be in a relationship.

Did Mr woof like Mrs woof because he was genetically predisposed or was it due to choice?
Answer - Who the fuck cares!

Mr woof, if you would like to have an open debate on your issues with gay people, gay adoption, gay choices then you really need to fully engage in a debate. You seem to make half assed statements and then ignore all the responses you get. What is the point in these posts of yours?

Well if the scientists I quoted are half baked I suppose I should turn to the pro genetic determination people???You can chose such in support of your arguments if you wish! "Who the fuck care"... if gays are seen as genetically determined or choosing their sexuality does make a difference. Work it out!
You equivocate over free will and determinism and read things into my writings.

As for the point of this post; merely to indicate that sexual orientation is not held as genetically determined by all scientists, and Joe Biden isn't one.
If you care to present polite and relevant insights I am always happy to reply.
07-06-2015, 04:08 PM
(07-06-2015 03:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Bullshit.
No 4 or 5 year old is capable of such a "choice".

So! You are saying sexual orientation is 100% genetically determined?
I suppose the researchers who say it isn't have vested interests!
07-06-2015, 04:11 PM
Why

do

you

care?

You are a one trick pony at this point.

Gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay.....

What goddamn difference does it make? Please, go find a forum that wants to hear you ask the same fucking question a million different times.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 8 users Like Anjele's post