Gay genes.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
07-07-2015, 02:44 PM
RE: Gay genes.
(06-07-2015 09:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Okay, just found this thread. This Carson person is a Presidential hopeful and is guaranteed to want the Christian vote. However science has proven him wrong.

All it took was a quick search on Google.

I got into it with some moron on another forum about the gay gene and posted that very same link but the idiot wouldn't have it. He kept on saying that homosexuality went against evolution, that is was a choice and there was no gay gene... even after he read the article.

If you read the comment section below the article you posted you'll see most people aren't accepting it either. Drives me crazy.

There is a poster in the comment section named Navraaj Sandhu that's the only one who seems to understand the science behind the article. He says, " A gene controls the expression of a protein and it would be pretty surprising if a single gene or set of genes determined homosexuality. Homosexuality is likely the result of combined genetic and environmental factors, but that does not mean it is a willful choice."

Every gay person I've ever known didn't choose to be gay. I didn't choose to be straight. My daughter didn't choose to be transgender. If we could simply choose all these things, life would be sooooo much easier for everybody, wouldn't it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
07-07-2015, 02:52 PM
I don't see what difference it makes if being gay is genetic, a choice, or resultant from your mother making you wear diapers as a teenager........

Some people seem to think they can justify their bad behavior against a type of person - just because that person CHOOSES to be that way.....

Where'd they find THAT in the rulebook????

People are entitled to live their life as they like - as long as they're not directly impacting someone else.

How somebody bumps naughty bits isn't of concern to anyone other than the bumpees......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-07-2015, 03:35 PM
(07-07-2015 02:52 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I don't see what difference it makes if being gay is genetic, a choice, or resultant from your mother making you wear diapers as a teenager........

Some people seem to think they can justify their bad behavior against a type of person - just because that person CHOOSES to be that way.....

People are entitled to live their life as they like - as long as they're not directly impacting someone else.

How somebody bumps naughty bits isn't of concern to anyone other than the bumpees......

As i indicated in a highly contentious post several years ago it remains to be seen socially if gay marriage is socially preferable in some way to heterosexual marriage.
If we have some degree of free will our choices seem to create our chosen morality.

RE bumps and bumpees, if this is an issue, any sexual act, in terms of any percieved 'naughtiness' is personally up to the participants.....whether gay, straight, bi, or transgender. The philosopher Paul Singer even accepts consensual? :huh:sex with animals.
07-07-2015, 03:37 PM
(07-07-2015 03:35 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(07-07-2015 02:52 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I don't see what difference it makes if being gay is genetic, a choice, or resultant from your mother making you wear diapers as a teenager........

The philosopher Paul Singer even accepts consensual? Huh sex with animals.

I'm not sure that the gentleman understands the concept 'consent' in this instance...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post