Gay genes.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
07-06-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: Gay genes.
(07-06-2015 04:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 04:03 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  if gays are seen as genetically determined or choosing their sexuality does make a difference. Work it out!
I can't work it out, please enlighten me.

(07-06-2015 04:03 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  You equivocate over free will and determinism and read things into my writings.
You have stated in another thread that you don't think gays should be allowed to adopt or have surrogacy. So I guess this thread is in someways you trying to justify your own homophobic position.

(07-06-2015 04:03 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  If you care to present polite and relevant insights I am always happy to reply.
For the most part I am polite but I do find it hard to have an honest discussion with you because you don't care to debate. You make a claim and then tend to run off and start another anti gay thread.

There are two main issues with this thread of yours.
1. You are claiming that gay is a choice rather than a genetic disposition. But you have not disclosed why you think this distinction matters. Based on your previous (and ongoing) interactions in this forum a reasonable person would conclude Mr Woof wants gay to be a choice so that he can pass moral judgement on all gays.
This matter needs to be cleared up first.
You need to disclose why it is important whether gay is choice or genetic?

2. The best you can do is to point out that there is no currently known gay gene. But DNA is an incredibly complex recipe. It isn't a set of attributes. You don't grab the blue eye gene, the blonde hair gene, the 5"9 gene, the long eye lashes gene, and mix them into produce the girl of your dreams. There is much that we don't know about genes, so you can't point to lack of knowledge and try to derive something such as a conclusion that gay is a choice. This conclusion just highlights your own drive, your own fears about homosexuality.

If it is really a choice, perhaps you could choose to be gay for a year, get hard over some guy, and enjoy erotic sex with him. You could then come back to this forum and tell us all about this choice of yours and then having been experienced in both hetero and homosexual relationships you could then truly make the best choice going forward for you.
I only have time to address issue 1.
Hard line genetic determinism may well mean some gays have no choice.
Now I am not saying having a choice or more than one choice is wrong.
Bi-sexuality for example where the choice(s) is up to the individual.
If gays who are choosing openly, as some gays allude to (see op reference), they should be seen as exercising a choice, not simply being born that way.
I see the claim that all gays are genetically determined as such as muddying the waters. As indicated, I see free choice re sexual behaviour and choice of same sex partner as a right, and have not argued otherwise.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
07-06-2015, 05:08 PM
Oh....

I thought this was about "Gay Jeans"......

I'd have voted for Calvin Kleins.....

I always thought it was sorta gay for a guy to have some other guy's name on his ass.................

But, that's just me, I suppose...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-06-2015, 05:13 PM
(07-06-2015 05:01 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 04:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Check out OP.
Simply quoting others!
When you don't like what I say, even quoting others, you come up with the old accusations.

Why bring it up at all? You obviously agree with what you quoted. You're only trying to provoke. Fucking douchey move.

Well that's OK.........Ratings mean nothing to me!
Far rather be in the red and speak my mind than be a populistDrinking Beverage
07-06-2015, 05:15 PM
(07-06-2015 05:06 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I see the claim that all gays are genetically determined as such as muddying the waters. As indicated, I see free choice re sexual behaviour and choice of same sex partner as a right, and have not argued otherwise.
OK.
So you are saying that some people can swing both ways and some people can only swing one way.

This seems to be stating the obvious somewhat given that some people are bisexual and some people are not.

Is there any other point to be made in this thread?
07-06-2015, 05:17 PM
(07-06-2015 05:13 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 05:01 PM)pablo Wrote:  Why bring it up at all? You obviously agree with what you quoted. You're only trying to provoke. Fucking douchey move.

Well that's OK.........Ratings mean nothing to me!
Far rather be in the red and speak my mind than be a populistDrinking Beverage

That's bullshit and you know it. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
07-06-2015, 05:18 PM
(07-06-2015 05:15 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 05:06 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I see the claim that all gays are genetically determined as such as muddying the waters. As indicated, I see free choice re sexual behaviour and choice of same sex partner as a right, and have not argued otherwise.
OK.
So you are saying that some people can swing both ways and some people can only swing one way.

This seems to be stating the obvious somewhat given that some people are bisexual and some people are not.

Is there any other point to be made in this thread?

The point is that Woof is an miserable old queen who can't accept it and wants science to say he can't help it.

And this bears repeating:

[img][Image: a_1031_20141112144636_zpscnwynwa8.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-06-2015, 05:23 PM
This is retarded.
Where's the gay gene you ask? I respond with where's the straight gene?
Sexual attraction is something that occurs in the brain. It's pathways and shit inside the brain that develop during pregnancy, thus not a choice.

Even if it was a choice that doesn't give you moral superiority. In fact you being such a homophobic cunt puts you pretty far down the ladder of superiority.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
07-06-2015, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 06:35 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(07-06-2015 04:08 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 03:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Bullshit.
No 4 or 5 year old is capable of such a "choice".

So! You are saying sexual orientation is 100% genetically determined?
I suppose the researchers who say it isn't have vested interests!

Did I say that ? No. Are you asking about whether opposite sex orientation is genetically determined ? No. Why is that ? It may not be genetically determined. It may be epigentically determined. What the hell difference does it make ? Do straight people talk about when they "decided to be straight" ? No they don't. When and if that starts to happen, then the question may be valid. Until then, the presumption that anyone is deciding anything, is complete bullshit. If human sexuality is a choice, then it's a choice for everyone. When did YOU decide ? What exactly did you feel were your options ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-06-2015, 06:18 PM
(07-06-2015 05:06 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 04:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I can't work it out, please enlighten me.

You have stated in another thread that you don't think gays should be allowed to adopt or have surrogacy. So I guess this thread is in someways you trying to justify your own homophobic position.

For the most part I am polite but I do find it hard to have an honest discussion with you because you don't care to debate. You make a claim and then tend to run off and start another anti gay thread.

There are two main issues with this thread of yours.
1. You are claiming that gay is a choice rather than a genetic disposition. But you have not disclosed why you think this distinction matters. Based on your previous (and ongoing) interactions in this forum a reasonable person would conclude Mr Woof wants gay to be a choice so that he can pass moral judgement on all gays.
This matter needs to be cleared up first.
You need to disclose why it is important whether gay is choice or genetic?

2. The best you can do is to point out that there is no currently known gay gene. But DNA is an incredibly complex recipe. It isn't a set of attributes. You don't grab the blue eye gene, the blonde hair gene, the 5"9 gene, the long eye lashes gene, and mix them into produce the girl of your dreams. There is much that we don't know about genes, so you can't point to lack of knowledge and try to derive something such as a conclusion that gay is a choice. This conclusion just highlights your own drive, your own fears about homosexuality.

If it is really a choice, perhaps you could choose to be gay for a year, get hard over some guy, and enjoy erotic sex with him. You could then come back to this forum and tell us all about this choice of yours and then having been experienced in both hetero and homosexual relationships you could then truly make the best choice going forward for you.
I only have time to address issue 1.
Hard line genetic determinism may well mean some gays have no choice.
Now I am not saying having a choice or more than one choice is wrong.
Bi-sexuality for example where the choice(s) is up to the individual.
If gays who are choosing openly, as some gays allude to (see op reference), they should be seen as exercising a choice, not simply being born that way.
I see the claim that all gays are genetically determined as such as muddying the waters. As indicated, I see free choice re sexual behaviour and choice of same sex partner as a right, and have not argued otherwise.

How about you provide scientific references for everything you claim/assert on the subject ? How are YOU an expert on this ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-06-2015, 06:43 PM
(07-06-2015 06:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 04:08 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  So! You are saying sexual orientation is 100% genetically determined?
I suppose the researchers who say it isn't have vested interests!

Did I say that ? No. Are you asking about whether opposite sex orientation is genetically determined ? No. Why is that ? It may not be genetically determined. It may be epigentically determined. What the hell difference does it make ? Do straight people talk about when they "decided to be straight" ? No they don't. When and if that starts to happen, then the question may be valid. Until then, the presumption that anyone is deciding anything, is complete bullshit.

What I am talking about is that 'determined' gayness may not be as authentic as many use to justify their gayness,. No I am not saying they have to justify anything, before someone jumps in.
As many gays use the genetic determinism thing to justify their sexuality it is relevant, in my view, when it comes to some gay lobbying, that, in some cases may present fatuous arguments. No straight people don't have to prove anything as the marital order has remained constant for thousands of years. Again, our evolution may currently look grim.
I have experienced both hererosexuality and homosexuality and am not anti gay per se.
I am not an old queen desiring male copulation as one poster indicated, nor am I a gay apologist simply to appease their supporters.
I like to look at arguments from both sides and simply refuse to be muzzled by supporters of any ideology......