Gay genes.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
08-06-2015, 08:57 AM
RE: Gay genes.
(08-06-2015 08:24 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 06:05 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  At least you wouldn't have to worry about leaving the toilet seat up....

Dodgy so you hover when you take a shit?

Depends on which country I'm in.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
08-06-2015, 09:49 AM
(08-06-2015 08:24 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 06:05 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  At least you wouldn't have to worry about leaving the toilet seat up....

Dodgy so you hover when you take a shit?

I'm flattered.

Most people just assume I never take a shit.

At least, that's what I surmise - by how many of them tell me that I'm full of shit...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Suddenly this topic took a weird turn...

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
08-06-2015, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 03:58 PM by Mr Woof.)
Well that certainly initiated a small storm of protest.
It really proved to me that many people here simply use science to push their preferred position.
I was careful to cite what some scientists had to say, a fact that in no way negated sexual freedom of choice, yet this was construed as blatant homophobia.
As usual the abusive and stalking Anjele, supported by MSBB a so called moderator, jumped in to hi-jack and set the tone to things.
In the real world life tends to be rather more complex than simple 'side taking', rallying for causes, and seeing solutions to problems as absolute truths.

The trouble with hard line determinism is the tendency to see humans as totally controlled by genetic factors and with little or no free will. There are clearly problems here, not least of which is the control of those who wish to exploit this consideration.
While gay sexual unions, marriage and such can never physically be the same as heterosexual ones I have never argued that those choosing such or pre disposed that way should not be legally recognized. I have always deplored the physical bashing of gays and have been supportive of young people, seemingly born in the wrong body, and where they have opted for counselling and in some cases sex change procedures.If my desire to look at all issues I see as relevant makes me a blatant homophobe, so be it. As a practicing bi-sexual (by free choice in my view) during my teens and twenties I encountered at least the practicalities of such, so am not speaking simply as some sort of noxious novice.

I see it as possible, and highly desirable, to look at all the facets of any subject openly, in order to get the best possible world view and understanding.
Sadly, many see this open ended initiative as oppoing to their devoted cause, when in actuality it need not be!

As I am seen as pushing this issue unfairly I choose not to expand further.
The dissenting voices (100%) can see fit to continue with their mutual support.Drinking Beverage
08-06-2015, 04:01 PM
(08-06-2015 03:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Well that certainly initiated a small storm of protest.

In your dreams.

(08-06-2015 03:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I was careful to cite what some scientists had to say

Funny. I didn't see ONE quoted or sourced.

(08-06-2015 03:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  As usual the abusive and stalking Anjele, supported by MSBB a so called moderator,

Nope. You set the idiot tone yourself.

(08-06-2015 03:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  The trouble with hard line determinism is the tendency to see humans as totally controlled by genetic factors and with little or no free will. There are clearly problems here, not least of which is the control of those who wish to exploit this consideration.
While gay sexual unions, marriage and such can never physically be the same as

Idiot. All sexual behaviors are vastly different. Why should any union "be the same". Irrelevant and idiotic. You have not demonstrated that "free will" has anything to do with this subject, nor have you answered ONE of the objections.

I think you're trying to convince yourself. You certainly are not going to convince anyone else.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-06-2015, 04:02 PM
I think one can choose to be in a romantic relationship with the same sex, but that doesn't necessarily make them gay. There's no such thing as a 'gay relationship.' Concepts can't be gay; only people (and animals.)
08-06-2015, 04:10 PM
(08-06-2015 04:01 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 03:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Well that certainly initiated a small storm of protest.

In your dreams.

(08-06-2015 03:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I was careful to cite what some scientists had to say

Funny. I didn't see ONE quoted or sourced.

(08-06-2015 03:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  As usual the abusive and stalking Anjele, supported by MSBB a so called moderator,

Nope. You set the idiot tone yourself.

(08-06-2015 03:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  The trouble with hard line determinism is the tendency to see humans as totally controlled by genetic factors and with little or no free will. There are clearly problems here, not least of which is the control of those who wish to exploit this consideration.
While gay sexual unions, marriage and such can never physically be the same as

Idiot. All sexual behaviors are vastly different. Why should any union "be the same". Irrelevant and idiotic. You have not demonstrated that "free will" has anything to do with this subject, nor have you answered ONE of the objections.

I think you're trying to convince yourself. You certainly are not going to convince anyone else.
An idiot perhaps! But not a shallow egocentric one.
And I did in OP cite at least one scientist
I am a ponderer, not an angry 'old queen'Thumbsup
08-06-2015, 04:27 PM

As usual the abusive and stalking Anjele, supported by MSBB a so called moderator, jumped in to hi-jack and set the tone to things.
:

Yep, that's me, an abusive stalker of old queens.

Moms is an admin not a mod...do try to keep up.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
08-06-2015, 04:27 PM
(08-06-2015 03:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  It really proved to me that many people here simply use science to push their preferred position.
No one has stated that there is or isn't a gay gene other than yourself seemingly claiming that there isn't one and therefore making the claim that it is a choice for all.

(08-06-2015 03:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  As a practicing bi-sexual (by free choice in my view) during my teens and twenties I encountered at least the practicalities of such, so am not speaking simply as some sort of noxious novice.
Aha, this is relevant to know. It may help us better understand where your ideas are coming from. So it seem that sexual preference is a choice for you, I don't think that necessarily means that it is a choice for all others.

I'm now wondering if you have regrets or felt that you were in some ways doing something wrong or unnatural or something? Is this why you see gay as an issue and requiring justification and not being suitable for adoption etc?

(08-06-2015 03:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  As I am seen as pushing this issue unfairly I choose not to expand further.
This is the problem with these threads of yours. You start them up in a controversial manner and then run away and start another one up. You aren't taking the time to sort things out.
08-06-2015, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 04:41 PM by Kestrel.)
(08-06-2015 03:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I see it as possible, and highly desirable, to look at all the facets of any subject openly, in order to get the best possible world view and understanding.
Sadly, many see this open ended initiative as oppoing to their devoted cause, when in actuality it need not be!

Yabut you've omitted your own experience. On the surface it would seem that your experience was to willfully choose.

So. What was/is your experience in this matter?

EDIT; Sorry. I see you've addressed this. Thumbsup

Mr Woof Wrote:As I am seen as pushing this issue unfairly I choose not to expand further.
The dissenting voices (100%) can see fit to continue with their mutual support.Drinking Beverage

In for a penny....

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce