Gay link to Paedophilia.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 07:50 PM
RE: Gay link to Paedophilia.
(29-01-2013 07:05 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "This isn't because I believe gay folks are more likely to molest than straight folks, it's a practical concern."

Can you define practical for us?
Do I really need to? There are a lot of male sexual predators, both gay and straight. Therefore I have legitimate reason to worry about my children spending the night with strangers away from civilization, especially those who have a sexual attraction toward the gender that my children happen to be. I personally wouldn't allow my children to participate...If you think my worry is unfounded than so be it.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Given the current national attention that this debate has sparked recently, also the fact that most predators are "straight" males, I think I would be inclined to feel safer with my child in the company of an openly gay man. Someone already under suspicion (albeit unfounded) would have more incentive to keep his nose clean, so to speak.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
29-01-2013, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 09:52 PM by bbeljefe.)
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you with that question. I understand your point and at first blush it seems to be valid. But, if we consider some other criteria, I don't think it is.

As has been said above, your sons are probably safer with an openly gay man than they are with a supposedly straight man, although I disagree with the premise offered. My reasoning is this... First, we know that a plurality of sexual molestation cases involving men and boys happen between a "straight" man and a boy. We also know that the overwhelming majority of those cases involve priests or married christian men. We also know of a number of political scandals where "straight", married christian politicians have been caught with male lovers. Moreover, we know that the boy scouts is a faith based organization so we can assume that the men who are tending to our youngsters are supposedly straight, married, christians.

As was mentioned above, gays know that the bigoted population around them are acutely aware of their every move when they co-mingle. Thus, promiscuous gay men typically have a certain area of town where they can gather and do to one another what all the straight christian men are doing to one another's wives behind one another's backs. And if a gay man is a pedophile, there are much safer places he can go to find young boys to rendezvous with. NAMBLA comes to mind... and no one is watching his every move. Well, at least not for the same reasons that the bigots are. However, if a christian man is a gay pedophile he has a lot to hide. He can't be joining NAMBLA or wondering down to the local gay hangout. But.... he can volunteer to be a scout master. Even if he doesn't plan to molest a boy, he can still get some sexual gratification from simply being exposed to dozens of boys for an entire weekend. Consequently, when a "straight" man molests a boy and is caught, the story is almost always that he didn't plan to do it.... it just sort of happened. And that's true. People who are psychologically troubled often tend toward poor impulse control. Pedophiles and serial killers alike often report that they don't know why they did what they did when they did it and that they had no control over their actions.

So in the end, if you're sending your boys on weekend trips with a married, allegedly straight, christian man you are actually taking a larger chance with their safety than you would be if you sent your boys with an openly gay man. Especially an openly gay man who was in a long term relationship.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
29-01-2013, 10:34 PM
I reckon children are just the spoils of war.
Especially young female virgins.

Can't remember where I read that.

Consider

Homosexuality, on the other hand... An abomination.

God hates fags!

Fucking earmuffs.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
30-01-2013, 01:29 AM
(29-01-2013 09:48 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you with that question. I understand your point and at first blush it seems to be valid. But, if we consider some other criteria, I don't think it is.

As has been said above, your sons are probably safer with an openly gay man than they are with a supposedly straight man, although I disagree with the premise offered. My reasoning is this... First, we know that a plurality of sexual molestation cases involving men and boys happen between a "straight" man and a boy. We also know that the overwhelming majority of those cases involve priests or married christian men. We also know of a number of political scandals where "straight", married christian politicians have been caught with male lovers. Moreover, we know that the boy scouts is a faith based organization so we can assume that the men who are tending to our youngsters are supposedly straight, married, christians.

As was mentioned above, gays know that the bigoted population around them are acutely aware of their every move when they co-mingle. Thus, promiscuous gay men typically have a certain area of town where they can gather and do to one another what all the straight christian men are doing to one another's wives behind one another's backs. And if a gay man is a pedophile, there are much safer places he can go to find young boys to rendezvous with. NAMBLA comes to mind... and no one is watching his every move. Well, at least not for the same reasons that the bigots are. However, if a christian man is a gay pedophile he has a lot to hide. He can't be joining NAMBLA or wondering down to the local gay hangout. But.... he can volunteer to be a scout master. Even if he doesn't plan to molest a boy, he can still get some sexual gratification from simply being exposed to dozens of boys for an entire weekend. Consequently, when a "straight" man molests a boy and is caught, the story is almost always that he didn't plan to do it.... it just sort of happened. And that's true. People who are psychologically troubled often tend toward poor impulse control. Pedophiles and serial killers alike often report that they don't know why they did what they did when they did it and that they had no control over their actions.

So in the end, if you're sending your boys on weekend trips with a married, allegedly straight, christian man you are actually taking a larger chance with their safety than you would be if you sent your boys with an openly gay man. Especially an openly gay man who was in a long term relationship.
Hmmm...I'm actually inclined to agree with you, excellent points. I had briefly considered closeted gays (and bisexuals), but I didn't give it enough thought obviously. Even if you're right though, perception still rules. While you may have convinced me, others would not be so easily convinced. People will see a gay man and think what I did. Therefore it may be in the organizations best interest (business-wise) to continue to bar openly gay men, or men who they perceive to be gay. If they choose to allow openly gay leaders it would not go over well with the fundamentalist Christians, Orthodox Jews, and Muslims. As I understand it the Boy Scouts have banned Atheist children until very recently (if memory serves), and are very much stepped in Christian Fundamentalism tradition. I would hate for gay men, or any other group to be barred from membership or association due to personal preferences, but they are a private cooperation and they should be able to choose to exclude who they wish as long as they are not receiving any federal funds (which they shouldn't).

30-01-2013, 09:25 AM
I agree with you that as a private organization they should be allowed to refuse admission to gays, atheists and anyone else they choose regardless of how bigoted and narrow minded their position is. And as a supporter of voluntary association, I also encourage everyone I can to keep their children as far away from such a reprehensible organization as possible.

If, through the same ostracism they use, we can reduce the number of customers they have they will be forced to either put in place rational policies or go out of business. Of course... they could also just continue as they are and cater only to bigots, but evidence shows that humanity writ large, however slowly, is outgrowing its misanthropic tendencies so at some point they'll have to shape up or ship out.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like bbeljefe's post
30-01-2013, 02:10 PM
(30-01-2013 09:25 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I agree with you that as a private organization they should be allowed to refuse admission to gays, atheists and anyone else they choose regardless of how bigoted and narrow minded their position is. And as a supporter of voluntary association, I also encourage everyone I can to keep their children as far away from such a reprehensible organization as possible.

If, through the same ostracism they use, we can reduce the number of customers they have they will be forced to either put in place rational policies or go out of business. Of course... they could also just continue as they are and cater only to bigots, but evidence shows that humanity writ large, however slowly, is outgrowing its misanthropic tendencies so at some point they'll have to shape up or ship out.
I concur, but I would never encourage everyone I could to raise their children how I would raise mine. I wouldn't want some asshole trying to tell me how I should raise my children, so I wouldn't try to impose me ideas on them. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't avoid a debate, but I ain't gonna turn into no preacher either.

30-01-2013, 06:26 PM
(23-01-2013 03:48 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  A new political party here in Australia (leader Bob Katter) today claimed, through two members, the view that a link existed between gays and paedophelia. It was suggested that teaching was a problem, among other things.

I must say that I found this quite unjustified, lacking any evidence, and bordering on fascism, and voiced this opinion in letters to our two major newspapers.

As an interesting aside, Katter's brother is gay.
I will say there has a been one parallel between homosexuality and pedophilia. The way the activists for both side have gone about seeking mainstream acceptance. Scroll back 50 years or so ago and homosexuality was classified as a psychological disorder. But a great deal of effort and money has been expended by gay activists to reverse this, first starting with changing the public's perception of homosexuality from its a disease that should be avoided and treated to it's just who they are and we should love and accept them for it. I recently say a psychological study of pedophiles that was making a similar claim; that these people just have sexual desires for children and they cant help it. They never promoted societal acceptance of this, but it did strike me that they were just waiting for the time and place to do so. Maybe in a few years.......

If this is the case, we should not go down this road. Consenting adults who understand what they are getting into sexually, fine. But children have the right to be children and think and act as children. Any any kind of sexual advance on that is a violation of them IMO.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade