Gay marriage+Sins=Chile/Haiti earthquakes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2010, 12:57 PM

Gay marriage+Sins=Chile/Haiti earthquakes
You might wonder how could these three things be related... well, gay marriage was approved in Argentina and there were hundreds of protest marches and this girl (in Spanish, sorry) apparently thinks that "Many people don't believe in God, we know there is a divine plan, like, he created both man and woman to be together and we also know the consequences that disobedience has, like, what happened in Chile and Haiti we know it's a consequence of all sins that had been accumulated [...]"

I like what the host says later (joking): "ah, look at that... sins get accumulated and when you get to about two million sins, there's an earthquake." and then the other guy adds: "What we should ban is marriage between cousins, cos then you get girls like this one..."

Just wanted to share this, after a long absence due mainly to lack of internet service and universitiy.
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2010, 01:07 PM
RE: Gay marriage+Sins=Chile/Haiti earthquakes
Welcome back, Nahuel! Long time no see.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2010, 01:12 PM

Thanks Unbeliever, I must admit I missed this place.
27-05-2010, 02:19 PM

First off, welcome back Nahuel.

Secondly, this woman's testimony shows that there is more than one Pat Robertson in the world. Why, oh why, do they insist on trying to tie these two unrelated events together?

Are people that stupid that they would believe...oh, wait a minute. Smile

These claims, thankfully, are unsubstantiated. If there is anything that is BEING substantiated, is that people like this are being taken less and less seriously as time goes by (at least, one would hope). Rationality is creeping through the somber cloud of idiocy.
27-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Here's a Facebook group that pretty much says it all on the issue:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/grou...nfo&ref=ts

So Nahuel, you may well expect meteors and volcano eruptions coming soon.

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-05-2010, 03:20 AM
HAHAHA!!!

That probably shared all the religions. Some time ago (I don't remember exactly when it happened) a religious Knesset member said the same thing after a little earthquake in Israel.....
30-05-2010, 03:05 PM
So far the results from boobquake seem to be contradictory.... No matter! That is what faith is all about.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
31-05-2010, 09:24 AM

(27-05-2010 02:34 PM)Juppers Wrote:  Here's a Facebook group that pretty much says it all on the issue:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/grou...nfo&ref=ts

So Nahuel, you may well expect meteors and volcano eruptions coming soon.

HAHA! That's just great... in a sick way.
Did you read the "reasons"?

Quote:13. Marriage is a religious institution, defined by churches. This is why atheists do not marry. Christians also never get a divorce.

17. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

14. Conservatives know best how to create strong families. That is why it is not true that Texas and Mississippi have the highest teen birthrates, and Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire have the lowest. This is a myth spread by the liberal media.

3. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

2. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

1. METEORS and VOLCANOES.
31-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I had a great deal of laughter over them. Who doesn't love a bit of sarcasm? Big Grin

Did you read the emails? Some of the most laughable ones:

Quote:we all know that it wasn't gay marriage that killed the dinosaurs -- it was a meteor that God sent to earth to spite them because they all became gay. gay marriage itself doesn't kill anyone, it only gives them aids. my pastor told me that if we let gays get married their aids might mutate and become airborne, and then what, huh? airborne aids! then we'll all have to walk around wearing masks and rubber suits and that wouldn't be much fun now would it!

Damn! If my pastor says that if gays get married we'll all get infested with AIDS out of the blue, then by God, so it is!

Quote:to all you fucking fetus-eating liberal bastards-
i was all for your group on facebook.com and laughed my ass off and thanked god for this sign b/c finally someone understood my views on gay marriage. i read your reasons only and then when i went to join the group,i caught aglimpseof the group drisciption and was so crush and angry that my happiness was destroyed, i decided to email you personnally to tell you what i think of you. and i hope you post this b/c i want as many of you homo lovers to know what i think. you liberal scum think you have it all figured out. well you are nothing but a bunch of big-headed commie scum with your big heads filled with aborted fetuses that you prob snack on when you get the munchies from your pothead habits! so why dont you global warm your dicks and shove em each others mouths for 60 secs so we can get a minute of peace from your mindless dribble
may the love of jesus show the way and smite the nonbelievers

The classic example of what Christian love and compassion means in not-so-moderate circles. Isn't that touching?

Quote: I was having a debate about gay marriage with my friend and I asked why he was such a bigot. He said, "I'm not a bigot, hate the sin love the sinner!" I replied, "If you love the sinner why aren't they allowed to love each other?" The debate ended there.

Because the Bible says they shouldn't! Duh!

Quote:you are fucking disgusting. Gay love is beautiful and would never EVER interupt anyone else's marriage plans or love. You are a horrible dispicable nasty low life peice of shit and I honestly wish everyone like you were to die. Foster care DOES exist. I am a foster child. STUIPD FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK?? Hanging around tall people makes you taller??? OH Where did you come up with this dumb bullshit?? I hope this is a joke. If it IS a joke, YOU ARE SICK. I still hope you fucking die you dumb arrogant ass. Black CAN and HAVE BEEN marrying whites. Where are you from?? New social norms??? WHAT? Are you retarded?

Unfortunately some are deprived of the sense of humour and/or the capacity of understanding subtleties (which, in this case, were pretty obvious). That's almost as bad as being a bigot.

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
31-05-2010, 03:26 PM

Haha. The first two are awesome. The other two are... well, they speak for themselves.