Gay marriage fight almost over?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2015, 06:20 PM
RE: Gay marriage fight almost over?
(17-01-2015 04:42 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  This sounds really promising. If they win in this case and they rule that it is constitutional, the ruling will be applied to all states and all counties regardless of other state and judicial powers and rulings. Which will mean that the fight for a long awaited for basic human right to be given to a group of people persecuted for many years will finally be given to them.

One can hope. Sadly, I foresee a lot of the more backwards areas putting a bunch of weasely laws into place that would simply make it stupidly difficult to get married or get rights for a same-sex spouse.

It'll be a big step forward but I doubt it'll end there.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2015, 06:25 PM
(17-01-2015 06:20 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 04:42 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  This sounds really promising. If they win in this case and they rule that it is constitutional, the ruling will be applied to all states and all counties regardless of other state and judicial powers and rulings. Which will mean that the fight for a long awaited for basic human right to be given to a group of people persecuted for many years will finally be given to them.

One can hope. Sadly, I foresee a lot of the more backwards areas putting a bunch of weasely laws into place that would simply make it stupidly difficult to get married or get rights for a same-sex spouse.

I predict if the Supremes rule for gay marriage, it will become a, possibly the, central subject of the 2016 election season.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-01-2015, 06:31 PM
(17-01-2015 05:37 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  From what a coworker says, this sort of debauchery will now lead to marriage to animals, children, and objects.

Evil_monster

To late I already married my cat. Just couldn't let that pussy get away Drinking Beverage

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
17-01-2015, 06:46 PM
I badly wanted to get married to this slice of pie I fell in love with last year, but our relationship quickly ended the moment I got hungry.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 4 users Like Shadow Fox's post
17-01-2015, 08:49 PM
(17-01-2015 06:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 06:20 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  One can hope. Sadly, I foresee a lot of the more backwards areas putting a bunch of weasely laws into place that would simply make it stupidly difficult to get married or get rights for a same-sex spouse.

I predict if the Supremes rule for gay marriage, it will become a, possibly the, central subject of the 2016 election season.

There's more important things to worry about than gay marriage.
I'm sure America will be sensible and vote for candidates based on real issues that actually matter.

[Image: meme-pokerface-KVADRAT-600x600.png]

[Image: happy-pfftch-l.png]

[Image: Lololololol+comment+thumb+boobs_1d752d_3356740.gif]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
17-01-2015, 09:13 PM
(17-01-2015 06:20 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  One can hope. Sadly, I foresee a lot of the more backwards areas putting a bunch of weasely laws into place that would simply make it stupidly difficult to get married or get rights for a same-sex spouse.

Given that even hardcore conservatives (other than fundy christians) are in favor and the country as a whole is now overwhelming in favor that would be a bad move for the republican candidate.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
17-01-2015, 09:55 PM
(17-01-2015 09:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 06:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  I predict if the Supremes rule for gay marriage, it will become a, possibly the, central subject of the 2016 election season.

Given that even hardcore conservatives (other than fundy christians) are in favor and the country as a whole is now overwhelming in favor that would be a bad move for the republican candidate.

I've never noticed republicans caring about whether something is a good or bad move... Over here it just seems like they just do shit.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-01-2015, 09:57 PM
(17-01-2015 09:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 06:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  I predict if the Supremes rule for gay marriage, it will become a, possibly the, central subject of the 2016 election season.

When has that ever stopped them? Laughat

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-01-2015, 10:15 PM
(17-01-2015 09:55 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 09:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Given that even hardcore conservatives (other than fundy christians) are in favor and the country as a whole is now overwhelming in favor that would be a bad move for the republican candidate.

I've never noticed republicans caring about whether something is a good or bad move... Over here it just seems like they just do shit.

(17-01-2015 09:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 09:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Given that even hardcore conservatives (other than fundy christians) are in favor and the country as a whole is now overwhelming in favor that would be a bad move for the republican candidate.

When has that ever stopped them? Laughat

That is true.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
17-01-2015, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2015 11:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)

I predict that if the Supremes rule for gay marriage there will be a lot more music from Diana Ross and Motown Records.
But seriously if the Court puts it to rest as an issue of "equal protection/treatment under the law", what's left to vote about ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post