Gay marriage fight almost over?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2015, 10:55 PM
RE: Gay marriage fight almost over?
(17-01-2015 10:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 06:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  I predict if the Supremes rule for gay marriage, it will become a, possibly the, central subject of the 2016 election season.

I predict that if the Supremes rule for gay marriage there will be a lot more music from Diana Ross and Motown Records.
But seriously if the Court puts it to rest as an issue of "equal treatment under the law", what's left to vote about ?

There could be talk from candidates about judicial impeachments, about making sure the Senate will have enough Republitards to advise and consent
to the 'right kind' of Supreme Court justices for the upcoming openings, about electing state legislators for approving some Constitutional amendment(s),
about TAKING BACK OUR CHRISTIAN COUNTRY FROM THOSE DAMN FAG-LOVING ATHEIST LIBERALS! Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2015, 11:09 PM
(17-01-2015 10:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 06:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  I predict if the Supremes rule for gay marriage, it will become a, possibly the, central subject of the 2016 election season.

I predict that if the Supremes rule for gay marriage there will be a lot more music from Diana Ross and Motown Records.
But seriously if the Court puts it to rest as an issue of "equal treatment under the law", what's left to vote about ?

Left to vote about?

Guns
Pot
Mexicans - DAY TOOK OUR JEAAABSS!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
18-01-2015, 07:58 AM
(17-01-2015 10:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  But seriously if the Court puts it to rest as an issue of "equal protection/treatment under the law", what's left to vote about ?

A woman's right to an abortion was supposedly put to rest in 1973. I can see laws proposed that you can marry somebody of the same sex only after weeks of "ex-gay" therapy and seeing pictures of happy heterosexual couples.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
18-01-2015, 08:09 AM
(17-01-2015 11:09 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 10:28 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I predict that if the Supremes rule for gay marriage there will be a lot more music from Diana Ross and Motown Records.

Left to vote about?

Guns
Pot

Pot is legal here...only two to go.
18-01-2015, 08:41 AM
(18-01-2015 08:09 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 11:09 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Left to vote about?

Guns
Pot

Pot is legal here...only two to go.

Really only one and that would immigration.

Taking on the gun lobby will only make you lose your seat in most states.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
18-01-2015, 09:19 AM
Heard a lawyer on the radio that does Supreme Court cases and he said the Court is planning on ducking the true issue completely.

When the court asked for written responses from both sides they asked that their briefs attempt to answer two questions. Does the 14th amendment require a STATE to license a marriage between two people of the same sex? And, does the 14th amendment require a STATE to recognize a marriage between two same sex people performed in other states?

By only ruling on these matters, their ruling will most likely focus on states rights, keeping things pretty much the way they are now. It removes the individual rights ruling that the petitioners wanted and changes it to a STATES power ruling.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
18-01-2015, 09:45 AM
(17-01-2015 05:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 05:37 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  From what a coworker says, this sort of debauchery will now lead to marriage to animals, children, and objects.

Evil_monster

I'm gonna marry my dog. I'm getting a prenup. If he poops on the rug, it's over.

I assume there are rules you have to follow....hmmmm...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
09-02-2015, 10:15 AM
(18-01-2015 09:45 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-01-2015 05:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'm gonna marry my dog. I'm getting a prenup. If he poops on the rug, it's over.

I assume there are rules you have to follow....hmmmm...

So the Supremes today refused to halt SSM in 'Bama, (ie issue an emergency stay until the case is heard). I think that's probably a clue about what they're thinking about this in general. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
09-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Weeping

Well, that does it for me. I was kind of joking about supporting gay marraige. I don't, its wrong and I hate those fags...I mean...

If Females are allowed to Marry other females...THATS IT FOR ME!

Game over...

I might as well throw in the towel, grow a grizzly adams beard and move into the woods somewhere far away from everyone!

....never gonna have a girl friend..Weeping

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
09-02-2015, 07:18 PM
(09-02-2015 05:54 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Weeping

Well, that does it for me. I was kind of joking about supporting gay marraige. I don't, its wrong and I hate those fags...I mean...

If Females are allowed to Marry other females...THATS IT FOR ME!

Game over...

I might as well throw in the towel, grow a grizzly adams beard and move into the woods somewhere far away from everyone!

....never gonna have a girl friend..Weeping

You could always go the Bruce Jenner route and then bump pussies. Sadcryface2

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.