Geek heaven: the kissing machine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Big Grin Geek heaven: the kissing machine
Only in Japan Tongue

Digital love: Kajimoto lab developing the e-kiss

[Image: ekiss-650x272.png]

Japan's Kajimoto lab is developing the e-kiss which will allow users to kiss through their PC and send their love far away.

Love knows no bounds, and with the help of some new tech that adage may be more than a stock greeting card saying.

Japanese researchers from the Kajimoto Laboratory at the University of Electro-Communications are working on a device which will help lovers physically transcend the distance keeping them apart. The engineers are developing a Kiss Transmission Device which aims to simulate the entire experience of a kiss.

The present, rough-looking model consists of two straw-like devices connected over a single PC. A user takes a device and swirls their tongue around one of the straws. Then, the way the A-straw interface is moved is transmitted to the B-straw device which mimics the movement.

One researcher explained, “It is called bilateral control, and the turn angle information is sent reciprocally by both devices to maintain the same position. Right now the values are handled by one PC, but if a system is put together to handle the values over a network, then it would be easy for this operation to be conducted remotely.”

It hardly seems a romantic picture, but the researchers aim to recreate all the elements of a kiss including a sense of taste, the way a person breathes and even the moistness of the tongue. The dreams for the device also include a less sentimental possibility, as specific values can be recorded and replayed multiple times. Nobuhiro Takahashi told Diginfo.tv, “For example, if you have a popular entertainer use this device and record it, that could be hugely popular if you offer it to fans.”

The Kajimoto lab’s focus is human interface with an emphasis on tactile interface. One of their other projects was a device called the Sense-Roid. This device mirrored back the same hug given it by using sensors, vibrators and artificial muscles; basically allowing a person to hug themselves. Just one more advance in lifelike simulacra.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2011, 01:30 AM
RE: Geek heaven: the kissing machine
I love science. I love technology.

But clearly not as much as some people.

For God so loved the world that he arranged for everyone to both have free will and to suffer the terrible consequences of making the wrong choice. Kind of a dick move, God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2011, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2011 01:40 PM by Observer.)
I'm not feeling too well Undecided

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
10-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Aww yeah, soon we can get blows from our computers. Street ho' companies will go bankcrupt!

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
10-05-2011, 03:54 PM
(10-05-2011 12:57 PM)Kikko Wrote:  Aww yeah, soon we can get blows from our computers. Street ho' companies will go bankcrupt!

I believe the product you are looking for is right here. (warning! adult content)
Not advertising, just helping Tongue

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
10-05-2011, 05:28 PM
That picture is probably the first time I've ever seen an asian person showing any kind of affection to anything.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."