Gem in the Qur'an

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Gem in the Qur'an
So I'm working my way through the Qur'an, taking notes as I go (it's really slow when college is out for the summer) and I came across this little gem that might be useful if anyone ever gets into an argument with a Muslim.

Quote:Whoever then disputes with thee in this matter after the knowledge that has come to thee, say: Come! Let us call our sons and your sons and our women and your women and our people and your people, then let us be earnest in prayer, and invoke the curse of Allah on the liars.
The Family of Amran: verse 61

There's no need for Crusades or Jihads, we just need a prayer-off to see who is lying! Tongue

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2011, 03:37 PM
RE: Gem in the Qur'an
No more debating Muslims for me, they might prayer me to death!

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2011, 04:00 AM
RE: Gem in the Qur'an
It can't be used in discussions. Qur'an translations aren't really accepted, they are more like interpretations. Only the original arab version counts as "the true law". So unless we have a native arabic speaker among our midst, they'll just claim it's a faulty translation.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user