Gem of a game: Enyo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2017, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2017 02:28 AM by Robvalue.)
Gem of a game: Enyo
Enyo is a fantastic game, not to be confused with Enyo, which is another game also called Enyo.

Look, here's the website: http://www.enyo-game.com

All cleared up now? Good! It's a single player turned based combat game, where you use your shield and hook shot to clear out rooms full of demons. The interesting thing is that you can't kill them directly, you have to use the environment in various ways such as pushing them into lava or impaling them on spikes. I've been playing it for over a year now, even though the full version only costs £2. It's the first time I ever spent money on the App Store (and I've only done so once since). I usually milk free games for all they are worth.

You get normal mode for free, which is challenging enough. If you survive that, you can buy expert mode where shit gets serious. You also get daily challenge mode along with that, with weird morphing enemies.

Once you finally get skilled enough to beat the game, you can then start trying to actually score some points. You generally get no points. But if you get your combo meter full, and then dispatch demons, you get a point per kill. There are 85 enemies on normal mode and 165 on expert, so these are the maximum scores. Lots of people have got 85 (there are online leaderboards) but only two have 165. Yeah, I'm one of them Tongue Took me a fucking long time. Some twat hacker has 166 which is impossible. That sucks.

Anyway, give a try! It's furiously addictive and hugely replayable.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2017, 05:46 AM
RE: Gem of a game: Enyo
The developer is also really cool. I contacted him with a list of bugs, and he fixed almost all of them. Just one remains now, which should hopefully get fixed at some point, but it happens quite rarely.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
02-05-2017, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2017 12:57 AM by Robvalue.)
RE: Gem of a game: Enyo
Note that at time of making the gameplay video, I thought you had to actually drag the actions from your character. You don't have to, you can indicate the direction of movement starting from anywhere on the screen. This means you're not obscuring her with your finger as I am doing.