Gender divide in magic scams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2015, 07:52 AM
Gender divide in magic scams
I noticed a thing that the type of person who will claim to be magic in order to scam people out of money very often split by gender.

Seems like most psychics are female, but most faith healers are male.

I wonder if there is any reason for this? Christian mistrust of women maybe?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2015, 08:05 AM
RE: Gender divide in magic scams
(21-03-2015 07:52 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I noticed a thing that the type of person who will claim to be magic in order to scam people out of money very often split by gender.

Maybe it's women's reputation for being intuitive and men's ego focused on authority?

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
21-03-2015, 08:06 AM
(21-03-2015 07:52 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I noticed a thing that the type of person who will claim to be magic in order to scam people out of money very often split by gender.

I think it mostly has to to with cultural momentum. It takes a creative mind to come up with some new woo-y concept all on your own. Most people aren't that creative, so they just mimic what they've seen other people do successfully.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
21-03-2015, 10:04 AM
My first husband died in a car accident years ago. He had been drinking and surely ingesting other mind-altering substances.

A few years back his sister went to a 'psychic' to check up on her mother and brother. She was so happy that the psychic told her that Boone was sitting at a table drinking a beer and was quite happy. This seemed to comfort her somehow. I resisted the temptation to ask if there was a mirror, blade, and straw on the table.

FFS, how do people believe in this shit? My opinion of this sister-in-law dropped dramatically after hearing that 'heartfelt' story of staying addicted in the afterlife. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?