Genderless Marriage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 10:28 AM by Losty.)
RE: Genderless Marriage
(06-03-2014 10:07 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 10:02 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  The troll is saying that they're already bonded so they should not be allowed to express that bond publicly through marriage.

The overwhelming vibe I keep getting is dont let the gays marry bc then they will have far too many advantages over us straights.

Maybe there is a fear that people will see how gays marry one time, have children, and stick around to raise them. Then gay marriage will become too popular and straight people will start getting gay married too.

That's the impression I'm getting from it.

The weird, antiquated belief that exposure to or acceptance of gay and lesbian couples will "turn kids gay" faster than watching Spider-Man dance.

[Image: spider-man-dance-o.gif]

The idea that heterosexuals should only have sex inside a marriage and that said marriage is for the protection of the woman is a nauseating ideal to me also.
Those are the exact two reasons that parents made me marry when I was 17. They found out I had had sex with my 25 year old boyfriend and they said 1) sex is to be confined to marriage as per god and 2) getting married is for your own protection so you won't end up a single mother.

See how well that went for me? We planned it all out, even bought a home before we had children. I was 19 when my first was born, so married for 2 years before having a child. If you disregard the horrible things he did to me, even sometimes in front of our children. If you disregard the irrational fear I still feel at 6:30 (his coming home time from work), the ideals seem nice.
No I am not in the majority there are plenty of married couples who do not have this issue!
I would say, however, that the number among people who get married for these to reasons is great. Great enough to be considered of importance on a larger scale than just the individual cases.

I would argue that these 2 ideas
1) heterosexual sex should be restricted to marriage
2) marriage is for the protection of women
Ruin the commitment that marriage is supposed to espouse and the advantages that children are supposed to get from having married parents on a far greater scale than same sex marriage ever could!

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
06-03-2014, 10:24 AM
(06-03-2014 10:09 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 09:51 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  A man and woman have the likelihood of procreating at least during some point during their lives if they have a sexual relationship, as a result of it. The likelihood of a same-sex couple's sexual relationship resulting in a child is zero. And no, for the record, I do not think "gay" sex or sex at all is "icky."

LMAO
So you stated to ME that you wish to reduce the NUMBER of children needing adoption. I do believe you've just given us all the Exact way to make that happen:
Same sex marriage = results in (wait for it) ZERO procreation.

(still laughing)

You should just stop.
You are going No where Fast!!!

Checkmate

Crickets

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
06-03-2014, 10:29 AM
(06-03-2014 10:24 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 10:09 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  LMAO
So you stated to ME that you wish to reduce the NUMBER of children needing adoption. I do believe you've just given us all the Exact way to make that happen:
Same sex marriage = results in (wait for it) ZERO procreation.

(still laughing)

You should just stop.
You are going No where Fast!!!

Checkmate

Crickets
Pretty sure she put me on ignore. I accidentally called her a sadistic bastard when I had too much to drink. Lol

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
06-03-2014, 10:33 AM
(06-03-2014 10:29 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 10:24 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Crickets
Pretty sure she put me on ignore. I accidentally called her a sadistic bastard when I had too much to drink. Lol

No I don't think so. She was chatting me up just fine until I served up her own words for her to choke on.

LMAO

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
06-03-2014, 10:53 AM
[Image: 1619384_10152361278127228_746911004_n.jpg]

or in this case............. fix broken women

06-03-2014, 10:55 AM
[Image: 1653352_225183844351896_1784148425_n.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
06-03-2014, 11:18 AM
(13-02-2014 06:59 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  ***I'm taking this from my comments in a previous thread, which I had made after the thread had been buried. It was recommended that I start a new one, so, here goes:*******
[b]
and there is no type of human relationship quite like that of a heterosexual couple, and the difference--procreation through sexual relations--is significant and impactful to society.

Says a narrow minded person who has never experienced love for the same sex nor has she considered marriages where one or both parties do not wish to procreate...
[+] 2 users Like Flowergurl's post
06-03-2014, 11:29 AM
(06-03-2014 09:59 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 09:52 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  How will confining marriage to heterosexuals reduce the number of children who need to be adopted in the first place? Answer: it won't.

you realize that the majority of people who put their child up for adoption are married? There are very few teenage mothers or single mothers who give their child up for adoption. I know this, because I'm going through the adoption process now.

These families put their child up for adoption because they can't afford to have any more.

You aren't making any sense.

Do you have a source for that?

Spence Chaplin.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
06-03-2014, 11:41 AM
(06-03-2014 10:23 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 10:07 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  That's the impression I'm getting from it.

The weird, antiquated belief that exposure to or acceptance of gay and lesbian couples will "turn kids gay" faster than watching Spider-Man dance.

[Image: spider-man-dance-o.gif]

The idea that heterosexuals should only have sex inside a marriage and that said marriage is for the protection of the woman is a nauseating ideal to me also.
Those are the exact two reasons that parents made me marry when I was 17. They found out I had had sex with my 25 year old boyfriend and they said 1) sex is to be confined to marriage as per god and 2) getting married is for your own protection so you won't end up a single mother.

See how well that went for me? We planned it all out, even bought a home before we had children. I was 19 when my first was born, so married for 2 years before having a child. If you disregard the horrible things he did to me, even sometimes in front of our children. If you disregard the irrational fear I still feel at 6:30 (his coming home time from work), the ideals seem nice.
No I am not in the majority there are plenty of married couples who do not have this issue!
I would say, however, that the number among people who get married for these to reasons is great. Great enough to be considered of importance on a larger scale than just the individual cases.

I would argue that these 2 ideas
1) heterosexual sex should be restricted to marriage
2) marriage is for the protection of women
Ruin the commitment that marriage is supposed to espouse and the advantages that children are supposed to get from having married parents on a far greater scale than same sex marriage ever could!

Clap I agree!! This notion that women need marriage for their protection is absolute nonsense and further indignities the woman to say: You need a man.

How many cases of domestic violence would be avoided if he or she just knew that marriage does not equal safety, or respect, or support. Nor should they ever be pressured to marry someone for survival.

Today, in the 21st century, we marry for L.O.V.E. And women are not "made whole" by a man.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
06-03-2014, 11:44 AM
(06-03-2014 11:29 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 09:59 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  Do you have a source for that?

Spence Chaplin.

Since when does BeccaTheHypocriticalBigot (who has never once provided one), care about sources ? LMAO.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post