Genderless Marriage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2014, 08:10 AM
RE: Genderless Marriage
So what was it based on? (Note the past tense)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2014, 08:11 AM
(13-02-2014 08:04 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 07:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Time to join the 21st Century, idiot. Couples can have children in many ways today. Is France really THAT backwards ?

The problem is you have provided NOT ONE LEGITIMATE REASON why YOUR opinions (and that's all they are) need to be imposed on others, OR what good would come of it.

Another assertion with NO reference or ONE reason. Heterosexual marriage is NOT "unique" IF you're not straight. Gay people have kids all the time, idiot. You live under a fucking rock ?

Troll.

The only way children are created is through sexual reproduction, with a contribution from a female and a contribution from a male. In most cases this occurs naturally, without any artifical help from a third party.

If you don't understand something I say, you are welcome to ask me to elaborate, which I can do.

Heterosexual couples are unique from all other human relationships because they can have children through a sex act. That is what I said. If you don't understand why this is relevant, you are welcome to ask.

I'll say this to you once, if you want to have a civil debate, I am here. Otherwise I would prefer spending my time responding to people who do.

As you proved yesterday, you have nothing to offer here. Heterosexual couples are unique IN YOUR OPINION (only). Gay couples have children in MANY ways. Many adopt. Are you saying children are BETTER OFF in single parent homes than 2 parent gay homes ... because if you are, I can PROVE they aren't. Obviously you have NO science background. You ignorance is astounding. YOUR OPINIONS are not important to anyone other than yourself. You are the typical prejudiced person with NO supporting REASONS for your opinions. This is The Thinking Atheist. Not the
Prejudiced Atheist. You STILL have provided NOT ONE RATIONAL reasons why and how society is better off by YOUR imposing YOUR opinions on it.

Maybe you should learn some English. It's not "genderless". It's "marriage without regard to ORIENTATION" What are you ? Like 95 years old ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

13-02-2014, 08:15 AM
*Raises hand
..I'm still not zeeing the whole relationship between the sex and the marriage thing.
13-02-2014, 08:16 AM
(13-02-2014 07:52 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 07:31 AM)DLJ Wrote:  With a sample size of 1... I'd say: Nah!

Please provide data.

Cheers.

Here ya go:
http://www.siue.edu/~cbwilso/203nhsls99.htm
"Married people reported having sex most frequently."

The report does not show the proportion of single vs 'in-relationship' vs. married couples interviewed nor the overall sample size.

Food for thought, though. Thanks.

13-02-2014, 08:18 AM
"The high court of France has indeed found it constitutional to restrict marriage to man and woman."

The US Supreme Court also said once that slavery was legal, and women couldn't vote.
(13-02-2014 06:59 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  So, there must be some explicit and implicit reasoning outside of religion which supports the idea.

Troll

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-02-2014, 08:20 AM
(13-02-2014 07:51 AM)Dee Wrote:  Gender and sex are very complex.

Sex is the sex (vagina or penis or hermaphrodite, or other, or other) identity of the person. And, one out of every 100 births is sex ambiguous; meaning unidentifiable upon looking or may never see it or may have both sex organs. As you can see, sex is complex.

Gender is feminine, masculine, androgenous, transgender, the list goes on. Gender and sex are so complex that female (vagina) and feminine and masculine and penis (man) do not always complement the way so many believe they should. it's impossible.

Too many are left out of an incomplete or incomprehensive definition of marriage. Also, might as well have a law that states if the couple for whatever reason cannot reproduce, they cannot marry under the law.

Yes, you are not saying anything that is new to me in regards to the compexity of gender. By gender I am referring to "male" and "female" as is identified or amended on a birth certificate.

A clear sexual gender is still the case for most people, and it is these individuals that the law has an interest in affecting. A man can help create a child by sex with a woman and vice versa. They are both connected legally by virtue of being parent to the same child.

It is is the interest of the state that there is some way to communicate the importance of commitment, monogamy, and joint household for heterosexual couples, because of their statistical tendency to make babies together. Thats a major reason why marriage matters to society as a whole. Those male-female married couples who don't or are unable to have a baby together can still help to communicate the model to others.
13-02-2014, 08:23 AM
(13-02-2014 08:16 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 07:52 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  Here ya go:
http://www.siue.edu/~cbwilso/203nhsls99.htm
"Married people reported having sex most frequently."

The report does not show the proportion of single vs 'in-relationship' vs. married couples interviewed nor the overall sample size.

Food for thought, though. Thanks.

I know. That I think was just a summary of the report.
13-02-2014, 08:30 AM
(13-02-2014 08:10 AM)englishrose Wrote:  So what was it based on? (Note the past tense)

"In its decision, the council noted that lawmakers had agreed that the "difference in situations of same-sex couples and couples made up of a man and a woman can justify a difference in treatment concerning family rights.""

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/28...15416.html
13-02-2014, 08:31 AM
I don't think it is supposed to be a summary exactly. I think it is an exam or assignment for a university biology subject with sample answers included. I think the assignment was supposed to verify that students are able to adequately analyse and report on the findings of such a survey.

Also - when it talks about married people getting more sex than unmarried it isn't clear to me whether it is comparing married to de facto or similar, or instead comparing married to single.

Anyway, I think this is the report referred to: http://popcenter.uchicago.edu/data/nhsls.shtml

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
13-02-2014, 08:35 AM
(13-02-2014 08:31 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I don't think it is supposed to be a summary exactly. I think it is an exam or assignment for a university biology subject with sample answers included. I think the assignment was supposed to verify that students are able to adequately analyse and report on the findings of such a survey.

Also - when it talks about married people getting more sex than unmarried it isn't clear to me whether it is comparing married to de facto or similar, or instead comparing married to single.

Anyway, I think this is the report referred to: http://popcenter.uchicago.edu/data/nhsls.shtml

A 22 years old study?

I'm convinced.

Drinking Beverage

Cheers Haffy.