Genderless Marriage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2014, 07:27 AM
RE: Genderless Marriage
(24-04-2014 07:16 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  It's surprising to you that people will get same-sex married if ssm is legalised? Think about it. Are there heterosexuals living in joint households with a platonic partner of the same sex? Of course there are.

This is one of the problems, the separation of the concept of marriage from that of sex and procreation. Sure, there are people who have formed families once the relationship with the coparent dissolved, and often enough those families are between platonic adults of the same sex. How long is it before adults simply marry for the economic benefits or convenience of marriage, keeping their sexual lives completely separate and independent?

That is historically how marriage has been viewed. Your romantic view is a very recent one.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
24-04-2014, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2014 08:23 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(24-04-2014 07:16 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  It's surprising to you that people will get same-sex married if ssm is legalised? Think about it. Are there heterosexuals living in joint households with a platonic partner of the same sex? Of course there are.

This is one of the problems, the separation of the concept of marriage from that of sex and procreation. Sure, there are people who have formed families once the relationship with the coparent dissolved, and often enough those families are between platonic adults of the same sex. How long is it before adults simply marry for the economic benefits or convenience of marriage, keeping their sexual lives completely separate and independent?

'Traditional Marriage' used to be trading your daughter to another man for some chickens and a goat.

'Traditional Marriage' used to be about cementing ties and power between families or organizations.

'Traditional Marriage' used to be polygamous, and included sex slaves and mistresses.

'Traditional Marriage' used to be the taking of female prisoners of war for yourself.

The definition of marriage can change, has changed, and will change. You're just a fossilized bigot who in a decade or so will look just as silly as those who protested interracial marriage in the 50's and 60's. You are on the wrong side of history here, and only you seem to be unaware of this fact.

[Image: gay_marriage.png]

[Image: imagine-how-stupid-you-are-going-to-look...-years.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-04-2014, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2014 08:45 AM by cjlr.)
So, wait.

I haven't followed this thread too closely.

What the fuck's going on here?

"The homogays will ruin everything with their faggy presence?"

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
24-04-2014, 08:51 AM
(24-04-2014 08:05 AM)cjlr Wrote:  "The homogays will ruin everything with their faggy presence?"

What she doesn't realize is that we're all secretly homogays. With awesome sauce Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
24-04-2014, 12:58 PM
(24-04-2014 08:51 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 08:05 AM)cjlr Wrote:  "The homogays will ruin everything with their faggy presence?"

What she doesn't realize is that we're all secretly homogays. With awesome sauce Smile

Morondog....will you gay marry me in our country that already allows it? We can gay raise kids together and have gay pets and cook gay food together!

Smartass

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
[+] 3 users Like Blackhand293's post
24-04-2014, 01:01 PM
(24-04-2014 12:58 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 08:51 AM)morondog Wrote:  What she doesn't realize is that we're all secretly homogays. With awesome sauce Smile

Morondog....will you gay marry me in our country that already allows it? We can gay raise kids together and have gay pets and cook gay food together!

Smartass

Can I gay attend your gay wedding? Can I be the gaymother if your gay children?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
24-04-2014, 01:03 PM
(24-04-2014 01:01 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 12:58 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  Morondog....will you gay marry me in our country that already allows it? We can gay raise kids together and have gay pets and cook gay food together!

Smartass

Can I gay attend your gay wedding? Can I be the gaymother if your gay children?

Ohh, can I be a gaysman or a bridesgay at the gay wedding? I'm short enough that I could be the ringgayer or wear a pretty dress and be the flowergay.

Laugh out load

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
24-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Losty of course you can, you shall be the Brides gay, INMIY, you shall be our flowergay...Now we just need to make sure that the justice of the peace is also gay, and rent rainbow dresses for everyone!

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
[+] 4 users Like Blackhand293's post
24-04-2014, 01:19 PM
(24-04-2014 01:14 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  Losty of course you can, you shall be the Brides gay, INMIY, you shall be our flowergay...Now we just need to make sure that the justice of the peace is also gay, and rent rainbow dresses for everyone!

Can I pick the flowers? The only flower I could think of that would be appropriate for the gay wedding is pansies. Big Grin

I mean, they're even rainbow colored.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9sB0aIJmdZV5d0HLz6ie...fkFCIgEATq]

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
24-04-2014, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2014 01:51 PM by Blackhand293.)
(24-04-2014 01:19 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(24-04-2014 01:14 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  Losty of course you can, you shall be the Brides gay, INMIY, you shall be our flowergay...Now we just need to make sure that the justice of the peace is also gay, and rent rainbow dresses for everyone!

Can I pick the flowers? The only flower I could think of that would be appropriate for the gay wedding is pansies. Big Grin

I mean, they're even rainbow colored.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9sB0aIJmdZV5d0HLz6ie...fkFCIgEATq]

I love Pansies!

They don't trigger my hay-fever

[+] 4 users Like Blackhand293's post