Genderless Marriage

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2014, 09:01 AM
RE: Genderless Marriage
(13-02-2014 08:54 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 08:47 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  My point was that the French court found the ban to be rational and upheld it.
And THE PEOPLE told the french court to go fuck themselves.

Quote: A new law was passed based on the opinions of the leaders who voted on it and then, probably, individual voters.

Yes, adn they told the court to go fuck themselves.

Quote:"Genderless" is just another way of saying that the law does not consider the gender of either party.

It's perjorative.

Quote:Procreation does impact society significantly, it creates society, so it stands to reason that the way it occurs, within a stable or unstable relationship is relevant enough to have some kind of social institution promoting the former.

There is no correlation between homo/heterosexuality and "stability. You can't make up your own facts.

And you can go fuck yourself, too.

"Genderless" is not perjorative, it refers to the literal legal irrelevance of gender to the law in question.

I didn't compare homo to hetero stability.

I'll say the same thing to you that I said to Bucky. If you want to have a civil debate, I'm here. If not, I would prefer to spend my time with those who do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2014, 09:02 AM
Errrr, who said same sex couples don't have sex whether they're married or not.
Still not making sense to me.
13-02-2014, 09:05 AM
(13-02-2014 08:47 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  Procreation does impact society significantly, it creates society, so it stands to reason that the way it occurs, within a stable or unstable relationship is relevant enough to have some kind of social institution promoting the former.

I'm sorry....but f@cking does not produce society. Also, while children might be seen as 'consumers', they 8n no way, shape or form 'determine' anything about society.

Heck, my cute as a button little 15 month old neic wouldn't understand 'society' if it were a fifteenfoot tall plush toy. Tongue

Very much cheers to all.

Posting from phone.
13-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Rolleyes

Becca, why do you care ? If I get married to another guy, how does that affect you ?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Also, is marriage about sex?
I thought it was about more than just sex.
If it is, however, isn't it better (in your world) for us to encourage same sex people to be in monogamous relationships?
I think I am missing something here.
I do not see what possible good reason there could be for not allowing gay people to marry, if they want to.
13-02-2014, 10:38 AM
(13-02-2014 09:02 AM)englishrose Wrote:  Errrr, who said same sex couples don't have sex whether they're married or not.
Still not making sense to me.

It's actually not about what homosexuals will do, it's about what heterosexuals will do, that's the problem. If heterosexuals think of marriage as something independent of sex, they'll be less likely to put the two together. I do think that is likely a consequence of same-sex marriage.

Here's an example: We already know that "convenience" marriages exist, however, same-sex marriage will make it easier for heterosexuals to have convenience marriages, because they can just find a same-sex platonic friend to marry, having their own separate sex lives, without the worry of or the real jealousy of someone that might be attracted to them.

Another way to understand how ssm further helps to divorce sex from marriage is the arguments frequently used to support ssm, for instance,
"1. Marriage is only a contract between consenting adults.
2. Marriage is not about procreation.
3. Marriage does not require sex and people are allowed to have sex outside of marriage."
Isn't it reasonable to assume that the people who are using and agreeing with these statements actually believe them? Then, that people will take them at their word?
13-02-2014, 10:41 AM
(13-02-2014 09:05 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 08:47 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  Procreation does impact society significantly, it creates society, so it stands to reason that the way it occurs, within a stable or unstable relationship is relevant enough to have some kind of social institution promoting the former.

I'm sorry....but f@cking does not produce society. Also, while children might be seen as 'consumers', they 8n no way, shape or form 'determine' anything about society.

Heck, my cute as a button little 15 month old neic wouldn't understand 'society' if it were a fifteenfoot tall plush toy. Tongue

Very much cheers to all.

Posting from phone.

Society is a direct result of sex. Humans are social creatures, so yup, sex does produce people who produce society. The question is, how stable are those children's lives? When their parents are not committed to each other, that burdens them (all three parties) and society in general.
13-02-2014, 10:43 AM
(13-02-2014 09:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  Rolleyes

Becca, why do you care ? If I get married to another guy, how does that affect you ?

I care because in order for same-sex marriage to occur, the legal concept of marriage changes. When the concept changes, the communication changes. In many ways the legal concept functions like a stop sign at a dangerous intersection. If we make that stop sign less visible, then the intersection becomes more dangerous.
13-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Actually what is MOST "uncivil" is claiming for yourself rights, you think you get to deny to an entire class of people.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
13-02-2014, 10:47 AM
(13-02-2014 10:43 AM)BeccaBoo Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 09:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  Rolleyes

I care because in order for same-sex marriage to occur, the legal concept of marriage changes. When the concept changes, the communication changes. In many ways the legal concept functions like a stop sign at a dangerous intersection. If we make that stop sign less visible, then the intersection becomes more dangerous.

That is the most inane thing I've ever read.

What goes on between two people is there business. If they want to marry they should be allowed.

What communication is changed?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon