General tips for atheists seeking to refute the Bible via scriptures.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2013, 05:57 PM
RE: General tips for atheists seeking to refute the Bible via scriptures.
(07-03-2013 05:56 PM)mrbuddy4413 Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 05:36 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  I love your rational thinking. Admitting that you don't have an answer is harder than you may think (because it comes easy to you). I rarely do it.

Time may not be an issue with God, but it would clearly be an issue for a creature with a limited lifespan (and thus limited time to become saved). I'm curious... how would one know how to become a Christian without having any access to the bible or its contents? This is the question that one must grapple with when considering cultures and tribes that have lived in this very situation. The bible has a response to this -- that God can be seen even in nature itself -- but that's not true about "God", just the existence of "a god" (and clearly some of us can look at nature and come to different conclusions).
The ones that end up in heaven were meant to be there. Predestination.
...and?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 11:00 PM by Buddy Christ.)
(07-03-2013 04:49 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  What a nasty, mean spirited post after KC tries to be helpful. Of course, I would define nasty and mean spirited based on the Bible. How did you come to define dashing infants on rocks as bad from a naturalist's perspective? Really no harm done if one eats an infant if you are a strict Darwinist, right?

I hold no love or respect for the religious. They've had their time and used their power to do more damage to the progress of humanity than anything I else I can imagine.

So, you get your morals from the Bible. The Bible just told you that it is morally just to slaughter the infants of your enemy. And from that you concluded that slaughtering the infants of your enemy is immoral?
Bible says cake bad. I think cake good. Therefore cake good. I get my culinary instructions from the Bible. <- theist cognitive dissonance

What, pray tell, is a Darwinist? Let alone a strict Darwinist?

P.S. This isn't a personal attack. If my best friend posted the same thread, my response would be the same.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
07-03-2013, 07:51 PM
mmmm, tasty infants.....
08-03-2013, 12:07 AM
(07-03-2013 05:47 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Wow. Thanks for the compliment. Didn't expect that.

I wish I could do it more often. I'm so rarely given unique arguments or new thoughts that I haven't considered, but I want to be quick to compliment the author when I see them (positive reinforcement to encourage more of it, I suppose). Although I spend a lot of time trying to inspire new thoughts in others, I'm selfish; I want to be challenged. I want to learn. I'm less interested in showing others the truth than I am in being shown the truth. But I hope I add something valuable to the discussions here to give back what I get.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user