Generalised view on the economy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Generalised view on the economy.
Here are my general thoughts on how I see the worlds economy. Id be interested to either discuss it or hear other peoples opinions.

I don't think the worlds economy has ever recovered from 2008, and what traces there was/remain have been engineered in an attempt to fix them (interest rate suppression, QE etc) and it isn't working.

I wonder if America will hold onto its reserve currency/petrodollar status forever, Russia and China have agreed a deal recently where china does not pay in dollars for its energy. Overtime other countries may decide to use their own currencies/precious metals if the dollar loses it's value. I wonder of the consequences if this happens and what the US/Europe can do to prevent it?

Personally I think the system is fucked Drinking Beverage

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: Generalised view on the economy.
(25-05-2014 02:07 PM)bemore Wrote:  Overtime other countries may decide to use their own currencies/precious metals if the dollar loses it's value. I wonder of the consequences if this happens and what the US/Europe can do to prevent it?

Why should Europe do something to prevent it when the possibility is that other countries may adopt the Euro as a reserve currency instead of the dollar?
25-05-2014, 03:35 PM
(25-05-2014 02:25 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(25-05-2014 02:07 PM)bemore Wrote:  Overtime other countries may decide to use their own currencies/precious metals if the dollar loses it's value. I wonder of the consequences if this happens and what the US/Europe can do to prevent it?

Why should Europe do something to prevent it when the possibility is that other countries may adopt the Euro as a reserve currency instead of the dollar?

No chance on that the Euro has maybe 10 years left at most the EU is about to fall apart due to the lady in your avatar.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-05-2014, 04:30 PM
(25-05-2014 02:25 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  

I'm not sure of what the conditions need to be for such a change to occur.

I do not think that countries can keep quantitative easing forever. The longer they do it the more they debase their own currency, so when will they stop and how do they maintain the system when they do? I have no idea if the banking world can keep interest rates suppressed forever, however looking at the amount of debt per GDP the world owes I think any spike in interest rates will be damaging.

I just cant see a solution to it?

09-06-2014, 03:29 AM
I'm surprised that nobody has come forward and tried to counter my view that the worlds economy is fucked beyond repair???

The future is going to be very expensive........

09-06-2014, 07:11 AM
Alright I'll bite, no the world economy isn't fucked beyond repair.

[Image: oscar.png]
09-06-2014, 07:25 AM
(09-06-2014 07:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Alright I'll bite, no the world economy isn't fucked beyond repair.

Yes it is.

No it isn't

Repeat and fade.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
09-06-2014, 07:38 AM
[Image: chi-150headlines20080818101105_zpsnyvclvrw.jpeg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
09-06-2014, 08:01 AM
It gets worse...

09-06-2014, 09:43 AM
(09-06-2014 03:29 AM)bemore Wrote:  I'm surprised that nobody has come forward and tried to counter my view that the worlds economy is fucked beyond repair???

The future is going to be very expensive........

This is worrying. I have debt in my British bank accounts that I haven't paid off. I incurred the debt emigrating to Germany. I now have enough money in my German bank account to pay the debt off. I would have transferred it over as soon as possible but because I am unemployed and don't know what the future holds I have been keeping it in case I need the liquidity to move. Moving in Germany is extremely expensive and requires lots of money upfront to put down a deposit.

My worry is that the debt will remain in my name if British banks go under but my savings won't if the German bank goes under (don't worry it isn't Deutsche Bank).

I have to admit to have taken my eye off the ball when it comes to indicators of economic upset. I used to follow them very closely.

It's also worrying to hear about the Germans not being able to get their gold back from the Merkins.