Generalised view on the economy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2014, 01:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2014 02:59 PM by bemore.)
RE: Generalised view on the economy.
(09-06-2014 07:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Alright I'll bite, no the world economy isn't fucked beyond repair.

Ill give my reasons why then, and you can give your reasons why it isn't.

The amount of debt, in various guises, all over the world is fucking ridiculous and quite simply unsustainable

The amount of growth needed to maintain the bubble is not being met by the current economies around the world. Countries seem to be reducing deficits, but not debt, in fact debt is growing whilst they deflate their own currencies through Quantitative easing.

How do you get out of a debt you cannot afford to pay, whilst accruing more debt, with payments that are loosing value?

(09-06-2014 09:43 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(09-06-2014 03:29 AM)bemore Wrote:  I'm surprised that nobody has come forward and tried to counter my view that the worlds economy is fucked beyond repair???

The future is going to be very expensive........

This is worrying. I have debt in my British bank accounts that I haven't paid off. I incurred the debt emigrating to Germany. I now have enough money in my German bank account to pay the debt off. I would have transferred it over as soon as possible but because I am unemployed and don't know what the future holds I have been keeping it in case I need the liquidity to move. Moving in Germany is extremely expensive and requires lots of money upfront to put down a deposit.

My worry is that the debt will remain in my name if British banks go under but my savings won't if the German bank goes under (don't worry it isn't Deutsche Bank).

I have to admit to have taken my eye off the ball when it comes to indicators of economic upset. I used to follow them very closely.

It's also worrying to hear about the Germans not being able to get their gold back from the Merkins.

I dont keep my money in the bank, I withdraw my wages every month. I only have modest savings though. So I dont know how applicable that option is for you?

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply