Generated applause shouting at a missionary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Generated applause shouting at a missionary
I was in my local town today around lunch time and there was a guy standing on a box, holding a bible and shouting at passers by.

I walked past and shouted as loud as I could "God bless atheism!" which was met by applause from people sat around eating lunch and the silencing of the bible shouter (at least until I was out of earshot xD)

I usually tell them calmly than they are violated people's human rights, but today I had drunk too much rum, so I was game for shouting.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2010, 10:29 PM
RE: Generated applause shouting at a missionary
Good show. Maybe there are a lot more 'closet atheists' around than we expect.
02-11-2010, 11:16 PM

Its sad that the extremist get the majority of the view out there. Bravo on silencing the hypocrite i would of quoted the scripture that said don't judge or you will be judged... people who stand on a soap box tend to not like having the book they are trying to shove down everyone elses neck get brought up to judge and condemn them. ^_^
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2010, 07:57 AM
You should have taken the gospel of the FSM and preached that next to him.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
03-11-2010, 08:41 AM
(03-11-2010 07:57 AM)Kikko Wrote:  You should have taken the gospel of the FSM and preached that next to him.

Actually did that once with a sidewalk preacher here on campus. I used Dune, though. All hail the Kwisatz Haderach!

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
03-11-2010, 04:25 PM

Oh, good for you! I'd have loved to see that Preachers face, after you did that. Tongue

I checked out the audio book, "Misquoting Jesus"
by Professor Bart Ehrman, from the library today. Oh man, it's the perfect primer, among his many other books, for those occasions when one finds themselves in a debate with Christians.
Especially the Evangelical type, who believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God. So when shouting isn't appropriate, and debate is, keep that one in mind. Wink
03-11-2010, 09:17 PM
(03-11-2010 04:25 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Oh, good for you! I'd have loved to see that Preachers face, after you did that. Tongue

He was furious. Everyone else laughed pretty hard, though. I couldn't keep it up for too long. I just couldn't match that guy's lung power.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
03-11-2010, 10:11 PM

A lot of times the best way to get people to gain support for your argument is to show how immature and childish the other person can act, therefor bringing their credibility down ^_^