Genes and Creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Genes and Creationism
So in creationism.. Notably Jeudo-Christian creationism.

They believe the entire world came from 2 people. How do genetics work if this is true. The gene pool has expanded from two people... Only to collapse back down to to people when the great flood happened. If we are all from incest, why arent we sterile right now and have severe birth defect?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2013, 03:01 AM
Genes and Creationism
Cheetas and transplant rejection would be the strongest point ever made against creationism (and against 6000 years old earth and against noa's ark)... if a creationist would ever listen to it... which is not going to happen... Wink

I'm taking for granted that you know about Cheeta's gene pool, if you don't (and want to know about it) I can expand.
05-07-2013, 03:14 AM
RE: Genes and Creationism
(05-07-2013 03:01 AM)Thanatos Wrote:  Cheetas and transplant rejection would be the strongest point ever made against creationism (and against 6000 years old earth and against noa's ark)... if a creationist would ever listen to it... which is not going to happen... Wink

I'm taking for granted that you know about Cheeta's gene pool, if you don't (and want to know about it) I can expand.

The entire field of Genetics disproves YEC, the fact that you can trace DNA back to almost it's origins and the fact that the breakdown is exactly what Biologists and Taxonomists had theorised was the tree of life. The fact that we share DNA with a Banana is proof that YEC is false.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
05-07-2013, 03:21 AM
(05-07-2013 01:54 AM)Squid Wrote:  So in creationism.. Notably Jeudo-Christian creationism.

They believe the entire world came from 2 people. How do genetics work if this is true. The gene pool has expanded from two people... Only to collapse back down to to people when the great flood happened. If we are all from incest, why arent we sterile right now and have severe birth defect?

You mean you haven't heard?

DNA was purer back then.
Dodgy

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
05-07-2013, 03:29 AM
(05-07-2013 03:14 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The fact that we share DNA with a Banana is proof that YEC is false.

I can understand sharing DNA with other creatures, but this came to a shock to me. Any other information on this?
05-07-2013, 03:42 AM
Genes and Creationism
(05-07-2013 03:14 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 03:01 AM)Thanatos Wrote:  Cheetas and transplant rejection would be the strongest point ever made against creationism (and against 6000 years old earth and against noa's ark)... if a creationist would ever listen to it... which is not going to happen... Wink

The entire field of Genetics disproves YEC, the fact that you can trace DNA back to almost it's origins and the fact that the breakdown is exactly what Biologists and Taxonomists had theorised was the tree of life. The fact that we share DNA with a Banana is proof that YEC is false.
You're right... My point is that explaining Genetics is hard, explaining Cheeta's gene pool would be extremely simple (ergo "strongest point" = easy to explain/understand & unrefutable) and leads to the same conclusion, but they're not going to listen anyway.
05-07-2013, 04:04 AM
(05-07-2013 03:29 AM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 03:14 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The fact that we share DNA with a Banana is proof that YEC is false.

I can understand sharing DNA with other creatures, but this came to a shock to me. Any other information on this?

This is well documented, and it goes for all fruit but we hold a special place in our black and twisted hearts for the Banana thanks to one Mr Ray Comfort. We can track the original cell split (between those that went down the process raw materials path aka plants and the ones that consumed other cells aka animals) by mapping gene codes.

http://genecuisine.blogspot.com/2011/03/...s-and.html
http://ec.europa.eu/euraxess/links/china...ananas.pdf

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

05-07-2013, 05:04 AM

Thumbsup

05-07-2013, 09:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 09:40 AM by ghostexorcist.)
(05-07-2013 01:54 AM)Squid Wrote:  So in creationism.. Notably Jeudo-Christian creationism.

As Free Thought pointed out, creationists believe that genes were purer back then. They obviously have no proof for this. This is just their way of sweeping thousands of years of sanctioned biblical incest under the carpet. This means those who use this line of reasoning only object to incest based on the level of purity of genes between the relatives engaging in sex: "It was fine thousands of years ago, but it's gross now." The idea that we share genes with other flora and fauna obviously disproves the idea that all humans are descended from a single breeding pair. However, there are some creationists that argue past this by pointing out that even a 100% match in genetic material doesn't mean that something is related. To them, it just means they are all created by God's hand from the same genetic material. But using their logic, that means that none of their own children are related to them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2013, 10:01 AM
(05-07-2013 09:25 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  

As Free Thought pointed out, creationists believe that genes were purer back then. They obviously have no proof for this. This is just their way of sweeping thousands of years of sanctioned biblical incest under the carpet. This means those who use this line of reasoning only object to incest based on the level of purity of genes between the relatives engaging in sex: "It was fine thousands of years ago, but it's gross now." The idea that we share genes with other flora and fauna obviously disproves the idea that all humans are descended from a single breeding pair. However, there are some creationists that argue past this by pointing out that even a 100% match in genetic material doesn't mean that something is related. To them, it just means they are all created by God's hand from the same genetic material. But using their logic, that means that none of their own children are related to them.

Add to that the people that think Noah's Ark was an actual event. They think Evolution is a lie from satan but then believe in super evolution to get those "kinds" to reproduce and diversify in under 5000 years. This is why any group that doesn't want to be an international laughing stock goes with theistic evolution (god guided it or started it or something along those lines). I may be wrong here but it seems like it is just the American Fundamentalist movement (and people that follow that movement abroad) that are still fighting this lost battle.