Genes and Creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2013, 12:14 PM
RE: Genes and Creationism
(05-07-2013 09:25 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  ...However, there are some creationists that argue past this by pointing out that even a 100% match in genetic material doesn't mean that something is related. To them, it just means they are all created by God's hand from the same genetic material. But using their logic, that means that none of their own children are related to them.

Isn't there a neolithic culture somewhere that believes that children are not related to their fathers, only their mothers? I saw a documentary on this years ago, but don't remember all of the details.

"I like theories you can test."
-- Sheldon Glashow

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
If doubt persists, have a hot fudge sundae.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2013, 11:07 AM
RE: Genes and Creationism
(09-07-2013 12:14 PM)dclarion Wrote:  
(05-07-2013 09:25 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  ...However, there are some creationists that argue past this by pointing out that even a 100% match in genetic material doesn't mean that something is related. To them, it just means they are all created by God's hand from the same genetic material. But using their logic, that means that none of their own children are related to them.

Isn't there a neolithic culture somewhere that believes that children are not related to their fathers, only their mothers? I saw a documentary on this years ago, but don't remember all of the details.

I've never heard of that before. Let me know if you remember the name.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply