Genesis

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Genesis
Anyone here a fan of Genesis. I know most people can't sit still through a song longer than 3 minutes, but the band really rocks! Well at least they did before Phil Collins took over as vocalist

Prog rock extraordinaire at your service
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: Genesis
Yes, I saw them in concert a few times. They put on a great show.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
26-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Great band, one of my dads favorties. But I'm more of Zappa guy, just like my dad again.
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
26-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Genesis under the leadership of Peter Gabriel is some of the most beautiful music ever made in the 20th century. Nursery Cryme and Trespass are masterpieces. When Phil Collins became the vocalist, they went into a much more pop-oriented direction and while they produced a few good songs like "Mama," "Ripples," and "Los Endos," it just didn't have the complexity of the older stuff, which was really engrossing and made the listener feel as if he/she was part of the stories told in the songs.

Also, is it just me or was Peter Gabriel the most beautiful man ever in the 70s?

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
26-06-2013, 12:02 PM
(25-06-2013 03:41 PM)Ratatat Wrote:  Anyone here a fan of Genesis. I know most people can't sit still through a song longer than 3 minutes, but the band really rocks! Well at least they did before Phil Collins took over as vocalist

Consider

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
26-06-2013, 06:41 PM
I can't NOT listen to a Genesis song all the way through. Might as well not listen to it all then as far as I'm concerned.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
26-06-2013, 08:53 PM
(26-06-2013 10:11 AM)jkshrout Wrote:  Also, is it just me or was Peter Gabriel the most beautiful man ever in the 70s?

Yes...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMDj8eAmg5feGMwm0Dzle...HHZfQnWa36]

...beautiful.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
27-06-2013, 05:26 AM

I guess I had to.
Now leave.

27-06-2013, 07:20 AM
(26-06-2013 12:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-06-2013 03:41 PM)Ratatat Wrote:  Anyone here a fan of Genesis. I know most people can't sit still through a song longer than 3 minutes, but the band really rocks! Well at least they did before Phil Collins took over as vocalist

Consider

Sorry but every time I've tried to introduce Genesis to friends they usually complained about the song length and didn't bother listening to the songs all the way through. Dodgy

Prog rock extraordinaire at your service
30-06-2013, 04:40 AM
Watcher of the skies is a good song.