Genesis Chapter 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2013, 08:36 PM

RE: Genesis Chapter 1
(20-06-2013 08:05 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Composition clearly indicates a c&p job. And I don't know who the fuck "you people" are. I don't quote shit without attribution. Tongue

Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Wait a minute!

First of all when I say you people, I mean just about every idiot atheist I have ever come across on every idiot atheist forum. Secondly I wouldn't know it was wiki unless you attributed it.

Here is what I do when presented with an argument by an atheist. First I think to myself they are wrong because of this fact, that fact or another fact. Then I open up my Bible software and find the point I'm trying to make that I already know in my own head and a confirm it. I glean from the article information that I may have overlooked and I post that information in my own words.

There is nothing original about anything I write, it is only in my own words. There is nothing original about anything anyone writes about a 4 to 2 thousand year old text. If there is a portion of the article or some reference I want to use word for word I post it in "quotes" and attribute it accordingly. I think that is honest and I think it is fair.

Here is an example of what my responses would look like if I did to "you people" what you do to me.

example skeptic Wrote:Hey, dumb ass! Jesus did die on a cross, all of the best scholars of theocracy even say so. If they say it it must be true, unlike the Bible.

The cross isn't Christian. Watchtower

idiot atheist Wrote:The Wah consecutive is obviously the academic downfall to your theory on that particular subject, don't you know anything?

No it isn't. The Watchtower.
Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2013, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2013 10:01 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Unbelievable.
TheConflictedGayUnethicalPlagiarizingSockPuppetTheist rips off something that's clearly marked as COPYRIGHTED, numbers it, and present it AS HIS OWN WORK, and his sicko/demented mind can actually try to rationalize it.
I really like that the theists who show up here are always perfect examples of why no one in their right mind would want anything to do with them, or theism.
He's clearly unhappy. He's unethical. He's a boor. So what the fuck has theism done for him anyway ?

"An atheist recently told me that the first few pages they read in the Bible began to give them obvious problems. That certainly is understandable, but I often wonder what a truly open minded skeptical atheist would do if presented with a well informed examination of just the first chapter of the first book in the Bible. Of course, not surprisingly their reaction was the same as it always is. I know because I have presented it. Does that sound arrogant, or does it sound like I have some illusion of grandeur? There is nothing original about this, it goes back to research ***I've*** done from as far back as the 1800's.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-06-2013, 08:52 PM
(20-06-2013 08:36 PM)David Lee Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 08:05 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Composition clearly indicates a c&p job. And I don't know who the fuck "you people" are. I don't quote shit without attribution. Tongue

Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Wait a minute!

First of all when I say you people, I mean just about every idiot atheist I have ever come across on every idiot atheist forum. Secondly I wouldn't know it was wiki unless you attributed it.

From the OP:

Quote:The sun, moon and stars are set as a sign of the seasons, days and years. A most accurate timepiece. The use of the term “sign” is often mistaken as a reference to astrology, which is incorrect. See What The Bible Says About Astrology and Does The Bible Condemn Astrology?

The unlinked hyperlink gives it away. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-06-2013, 08:59 PM

(20-06-2013 08:52 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The unlinked hyperlink gives it away. Dodgy

But I wrote the original. I mentioned in the introduction that I had presented the article to atheists prior to my posting it here. First on the SAB forum
20-06-2013, 09:27 PM
(20-06-2013 08:59 PM)David Lee Wrote:  
(20-06-2013 08:52 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The unlinked hyperlink gives it away. Dodgy

But I wrote the original. I mentioned in the introduction that I had presented the article to atheists prior to my posting it here. First on the SAB forum

What was mentioned in the OP was a hypothetical, followed by a vague pronouncement of "having done it before." It is not certain, from the text, that one relates to the other, nor that the following argument is in fact the hypothetical.

Still, there's a lack of attribution; that this is c&p from your site, that the composition is derived from JW source material. So there! Tongue

But the cool thing was, I followed the links, back to where your forum used to be? And after a moment, it automatically forwarded me to another forum, where there was Gwynnies!

I love my Gwynnies! Heart

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Dude, just dude..........Genesis really ?

Sigh ....SMH

You'd have better luck convincing any sane person that Kahn from Star Trek somehow jumped from a fictional multiverse into ours and terra formed the planet with a genesis device.

I'll pick fictional science over fictional magic any day of the week.

Gen - chap 1 - (fixed) "None of this bullshit happened"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
20-06-2013, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2013 06:50 AM by Bucky Ball.)
"Terms of Use
Site visitors may download copyrighted materials from this site for non-commercial use only. By downloading such materials from this site, visitors agree not to post these materials on the Internet or on any other electronic network"

From the JW website from which he plagiarized the material.
He broke the law. Not only here, but on the Skeptics Annotated Bible site.
I'll take it up with the mods.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-06-2013, 12:02 AM
(20-06-2013 12:54 PM)David Lee Wrote:  Does that sound arrogant, or does it sound like I have some illusion of grandeur?

The phrase would be delusion of grandeur.

Consider Unless you are asking if you have a false idea or belief.... then for you, that might also be accurate.

Carry on; you may have your delusion of grandeur with a side of illusion, if you wish.

illusion |iˈloō zh ən|
noun
a false idea or belief : he had no illusions about the trouble she was in.
• a deceptive appearance or impression : the illusion of family togetherness | the tension between illusion and reality.
• a thing that is or is likely to be wrongly perceived or interpreted by the senses : Zollner's illusion makes parallel lines seem to diverge by placing them on a zigzag-striped background.
delusion |diˈloō zh ən|
noun
an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder : the delusion of being watched.
• the action of deluding someone or the state of being deluded : what a capacity television has for delusion.

PHRASES
delusions of grandeur a false impression of one's own importance.

I didn't read any of this thread... I couldn't get past that sentence. Tongue

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
21-06-2013, 12:09 AM

(21-06-2013 12:02 AM)kim Wrote:  The phrase would be delusion of grandeur.

Sorry. My mistake.
21-06-2013, 04:41 AM
(21-06-2013 12:09 AM)David Lee Wrote:  
(21-06-2013 12:02 AM)kim Wrote:  The phrase would be delusion of grandeur.

Sorry. My mistake.

If you could simply copy and paste that response into all of your replies, that would be greatly appreciated.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post