Genesis - The Movie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Genesis - The Movie
Our friends the creationists have produced a new movie about Genesis which is scheduled to open in November. But the trailer is out now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzGfKu6_loI

You have to check this out. It is so bad it is like it was made by retarded sixth graders.
I suspect this grade Z garbage will tank at the box office and will be a low water mark for creationist propaganda. Oh yeah, and parts of it are supposed filmed in 3-D. With plastic toy dinosaurs. I guarantee you you will laugh out loud at this pathetic effort.

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter
- Thomas Jefferson

Cheerful Charlie
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2017, 05:00 PM
RE: Genesis - The Movie
Why am I getting an XTC video from your link?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
11-10-2017, 05:14 PM
(11-10-2017 04:56 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Our friends the creationists have produced a new movie about Genesis which is scheduled to open in November. But the trailer is out now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzGfKu6_loI

You have to check this out. It is so bad it is like it was made by retarded sixth graders.
I suspect this grade Z garbage will tank at the box office and will be a low water mark for creationist propaganda. Oh yeah, and parts of it are supposed filmed in 3-D. With plastic toy dinosaurs. I guarantee you you will laugh out loud at this pathetic effort.

It's probably made for the church basement cinemas. Hobo
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2017, 06:02 PM
XTC video here too. Eric Hovind never replied to my tweet asking him if this was a one night event or not, because his distributor is Fathom Events. Fathom tends to do special event rentals of individual theater screens, like when an old classic comes back to theaters for a few days on an anniversary.

Need to think of a witty signature.
11-10-2017, 06:17 PM
(11-10-2017 05:00 PM)pablo Wrote:  Why am I getting an XTC video from your link?

It's better than the genesis trailer anyway

the real link

an even realer link

and a longer version

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
11-10-2017, 06:54 PM
He's making a movie about Phil Collins? Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
12-10-2017, 08:55 AM
The sad thing is there is so much in Genesis which would make a great film. Christian mythology is very rich, and with the right writer and director a quality adaptation of certain stories could be done. But no, that won't happen because it would require changing things and we can't have that.
12-10-2017, 09:05 AM
How would you portray go in a Genesis movie? As man/women/being? Or just a voice?

Personally I would love a person, and a montage of them building the universe in 7 days, except it looks a lot an ordinary man builing a house or something. Lots of tools, shots of him wearing a hardhat, close ups of them sawing away etc. Laugh out load

Can we make an Atheist version of this? Like "Atheism Presents: Genesis" And have all the stupid shit from the bible acted out with the bible quotes on the screen to proove it? I'm in for it Big Grin

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
12-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Well the book portrays god as a magical immortal human, so I'd go with that. Maybe in the vein of the new clash of the titans thing. Although when I read it he's not quite that shiny.
12-10-2017, 09:50 AM
I wonder how they will handle the 2 intertwined versions? Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post