Genesis - The Movie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2017, 09:54 AM
RE: Genesis - The Movie
(12-10-2017 09:50 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I wonder how they will handle the 2 intertwined versions? Consider

Same way they do with all movie dvd special extras--alternate endings sequence. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2017, 09:55 AM
Either that or they'll go totally Hollywood Blockbuster with Tom Cruise dangling from a wire as the Mission Impossible theme song plays in the background over the Garden of Eden. ('cause he's stealing the second version which will self-destruct in 3-2-1) I really have too much time on my hands lol
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-10-2017, 03:19 PM
(12-10-2017 08:55 AM)natachan Wrote:  The sad thing is there is so much in Genesis which would make a great film. Christian mythology is very rich, and with the right writer and director a quality adaptation of certain stories could be done. But no, that won't happen because it would require changing things and we can't have that.

Gotta get the Satanists going on this one. Genesis, Chapters 2 and 3: Re-envisioned.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
15-10-2017, 10:31 AM
(11-10-2017 06:17 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 05:00 PM)pablo Wrote:  Why am I getting an XTC video from your link?

It's better than the genesis trailer anyway

the real link

an even realer link

and a longer version
Truly cringe-worthy.
15-10-2017, 10:46 AM
(15-10-2017 10:31 AM)mordant Wrote:  
(11-10-2017 06:17 PM)unfogged Wrote:  It's better than the genesis trailer anyway

the real link

an even realer link

and a longer version
Truly cringe-worthy.

I thought the long version had some good points

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
15-10-2017, 10:50 AM
(11-10-2017 06:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  He's making a movie about Phil Collins? Tongue

I prefer the Islamic version. It all starts with Gabriel.

I suggested once to ELK via Skype that we start an Answers in Genesis thread where we would accept any question about anything and reply with answers from Genesis lyrics.

But then he kinda disappeared so it didn't happen.

It's still tempting.

Consider

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
17-10-2017, 03:24 PM
(11-10-2017 04:56 PM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:  Our friends the creationists have produced a new movie about Genesis which is scheduled to open in November. But the trailer is out now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzGfKu6_loI

You have to check this out. It is so bad it is like it was made by retarded sixth graders.
I suspect this grade Z garbage will tank at the box office and will be a low water mark for creationist propaganda. Oh yeah, and parts of it are supposed filmed in 3-D. With plastic toy dinosaurs. I guarantee you you will laugh out loud at this pathetic effort.

One would need to be a hard-core true believer to conclude that that was a good film. In my opinion, a film like that only furthers the interests of atheism, as it demonstrates once again the ineptness of religionists to teach anything that is both cohesive and coherent.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
18-10-2017, 07:23 AM
(17-10-2017 03:24 PM)Free Wrote:  One would need to be a hard-core true believer to conclude that that was a good film.
I mean it's clearly hand puppets with sound effects provided by some guy grunting on the toilet. It's like the class film I made in junior high school, only worse.
18-10-2017, 07:57 AM
Is this with Peter Gabriel or post Peter Gabriel?
Cause I don't need no Invisible Touch bullshit.

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
18-10-2017, 08:06 AM
(18-10-2017 07:23 AM)mordant Wrote:  
(17-10-2017 03:24 PM)Free Wrote:  One would need to be a hard-core true believer to conclude that that was a good film.
I mean it's clearly hand puppets with sound effects provided by some guy grunting on the toilet. It's like the class film I made in junior high school, only worse.

You do realize that the one with the dinosaur models and the grunting is a parody, right? The actual movie is still pretty bad but the other one is a joke.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP