Genesis-The man has now become like one of us?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2017, 11:21 AM
RE: Genesis-The man has now become like one of us?
(25-11-2017 09:43 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 08:35 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  "The man has now become like one of us" (Genesis 3:22) is a quote attributed to god in the Genesis myth, but I was wondering how the word "us" is actually being used here.

God is a Trinity, made up of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

But they are also the same person.
Let's say I am Steve. But I am also Dave. I wouldn't refer to Dave as 'he'. I am Dave. I wouldn't need to tell anyting to Dave because he already knows it. Becasue Dave is Steve. So why would Steve refer to himself as 'us'?

Also, can you see how mind numbingly nuts this is.?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes underdogFTW's post
25-11-2017, 11:35 AM
(29-12-2014 08:35 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  "The man has now become like one of us" (Genesis 3:22) is a quote attributed to god in the Genesis myth, but I was wondering how the word "us" is actually being used here.

No. You're wrong.

The Abenaki Spirit ordered Tolba, the Great Turtle, to come forth and become the land. The Abenaki Spirit molded the turtles back to become mountains.

So now you can finally see just how wrong you are.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
25-11-2017, 08:40 PM
(24-11-2017 06:21 PM)Alchemy Begins Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 09:21 AM)Free Wrote:  Right off the bat, in the very first verse of Genesis, in Gen 1:1, you will see the following:

Gen 1:1 - "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

However, when we look at the words closely in the ancient Hebrew, the word "God" is written as "Elohim," which is actually plural. Therefore...

Gen 1:1 - "In the beginning the gods created the heavens and the earth."

The Jews find this to be extremely embarrassing and prefer to not even discuss it. They cannot change the text one iota as per their beliefs, and therefore they are stuck with it.

This is precisely why you see in Gen 1:26 - And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness.

Even in Gen 1:26 the word "God" is again "Elohim," plural meaning "the gods." Hence ...

Gen 1:26 And the gods said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness.

The problem the Jews have with all this is obvious; they proclaim monotheism yet their most ancient religious record clearly demonstrates polytheism, and it does it right on the very first verse of Gen 1:1.

Correct, Elohim is not the name of God, it is an achieved level of mastery. It would be more correct to say 'The Elohim' as in a group of 'achieved individuals'. Similar to one saying the Generals or the Professors. The Elohim are those men and women who have been through our same level of existence as we a doing on this Earth. They 'passed this mortal class' and continued to the next stages of progression until they to have gained a mastery of the knowledge that is required to do as God's or the Elohim do. Understanding that there are many gods is different from the acknowledgement and worship of the God who is our Father. A brief parallel... I have many men in my life who are all 'fathers', yet they are not my Dad, and he is the only one I give my Fathers day card to, similarily to monotheistic form of worship . At the same time this does not negate any other Fathers, 'Fatherhood'.

Soooo ... you belong to some new sub-sect of Mormonism?

Drinking Beverage

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
25-11-2017, 08:58 PM

LOL. You should read the proceedings of the councils where they made up that nonsense.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-11-2017, 02:44 PM
So what do you think?

Us means the sons of God.

Genesis 6
6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Job 1 (See also Job 2)
6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.

The redactors of the OT left only bits and scraps of the older myths they were refering to.

“It is impossible for someone to lie unless he thinks he knows the truth. Producing bullshit requires no such conviction.”
― Harry G. Frankfurt, On Bullshit

Cheerful Charlie
27-11-2017, 02:50 PM

The *really* insane part of that, is that he can actually say that with a straight face, and not bust out laughing. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
27-11-2017, 02:57 PM
(25-11-2017 11:21 AM)underdogFTW Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 09:43 AM)theophilus Wrote:  God is a Trinity, made up of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

But they are also the same person.
Let's say I am Steve. But I am also Dave. I wouldn't refer to Dave as 'he'. I am Dave. I wouldn't need to tell anyting to Dave because he already knows it. Becasue Dave is Steve. So why would Steve refer to himself as 'us'?

Also, can you see how mind numbingly nuts this is.?

Not really .... makes perfect sense ... if you're psychotic.
Tongue

27-11-2017, 05:21 PM

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post