Genetic Engineering Will Change Everything Forever – CRISPR

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2016, 04:58 PM
Genetic Engineering Will Change Everything Forever – CRISPR
This is no doubt one of the most exciting scientific developments in our lifetimes. I hope it won't be outlawed for "ethical" reasons like stem cell research was in many countries.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Vosur's post
10-08-2016, 05:39 PM
RE: Genetic Engineering Will Change Everything Forever – CRISPR
I definitely want one that glows.
10-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Exciting and frightening. Are we equipped to responsibly use a tool this powerful?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
10-08-2016, 07:10 PM
(10-08-2016 07:01 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Exciting and frightening. Are we equipped to responsibly use a tool this powerful?

Are we equipped to use anything that requires a significant degree of responsibility? Tongue
10-08-2016, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2016 07:28 PM by cactus.)
I don't really care about living longer, but I'd love to infuse myself with shark DNA and have a second penis. I'm so excited for the future Cool

Although... "transhumanism," just the word alone will be a stumbling block to conservative lawmakers. It sounds like a combination of two things they already hate. Don't think that wouldn't factor into their reasoning, because it absolutely would. Laugh out load

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
10-08-2016, 10:10 PM
(10-08-2016 07:23 PM)cactus Wrote:  I don't really care about living longer, but I'd love to infuse myself with shark DNA and have a second penis. I'm so excited for the future Cool

Although... "transhumanism," just the word alone will be a stumbling block to conservative lawmakers. It sounds like a combination of two things they already hate. Don't think that wouldn't factor into their reasoning, because it absolutely would. Laugh out load

They'd probably think it has something to do with political correctness. It'd be hilarious to see.
10-08-2016, 10:21 PM
(10-08-2016 07:23 PM)cactus Wrote:  I don't really care about living longer, but I'd love to infuse myself with shark DNA and have a second penis. I'm so excited for the future Cool

They are going to have a much more difficult time building that wall. But it will be fun watching them try. Big Grin

Also. You already don't have anything to do with one penis, why would you want a second?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-08-2016, 10:34 PM
(10-08-2016 10:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

They are going to have a much more difficult time building that wall. But it will be fun watching them try. Big Grin

Also. You already don't have anything to do with one penis, why would you want a second?
Astra and Flondrix
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11181...d_Flondrix
10-08-2016, 10:49 PM
(10-08-2016 07:10 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 07:01 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Exciting and frightening. Are we equipped to responsibly use a tool this powerful?

Are we equipped to use anything that requires a significant degree of responsibility? Tongue

Probably not. For the good of society, our intellectually superior designer babies will have to kill us after they are born.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
10-08-2016, 11:00 PM
(10-08-2016 10:49 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 07:10 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Are we equipped to use anything that requires a significant degree of responsibility? Tongue

Probably not. For the good of society, our intellectually superior designer babies will have to kill us after they are born.

For the Love of God I hope they do it humanely.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post