Genetic Engineering Will Change Everything Forever – CRISPR

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2016, 03:43 AM
RE: Genetic Engineering Will Change Everything Forever – CRISPR
(10-08-2016 10:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Also. You already don't have anything to do with one penis, why would you want a second?
You ever tried peeing and masturbating at the same time? Not easy. Imagine all the things you could do with the time you'd save Cool

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2016, 08:44 AM
(11-08-2016 03:43 AM)cactus Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 10:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Also. You already don't have anything to do with one penis, why would you want a second?
You ever tried peeing and masturbating at the same time? Not easy. Imagine all the things you could do with the time you'd save Cool

That would be cool- one could piss and moan at the same time!
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
11-08-2016, 08:53 AM
(11-08-2016 08:44 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 03:43 AM)cactus Wrote:  You ever tried peeing and masturbating at the same time? Not easy. Imagine all the things you could do with the time you'd save Cool

That would be cool- one could piss and moan at the same time!

Mom's old joke Heart
11-08-2016, 02:07 PM
I can totally imagine fundamentalist leglislators flipping out and trying to "prevent" the GenMods from dominating the "lesser" humans (I use quote marks around prevent because it follows logically that the GenMods would not need to dominate us; they would simply outperform us until no one wanted natural babies except Luddites). A war would soon follow, no doubt, as even the GenMods are ironically still human beings... and we do love our fear-based wars.

Stan Lee and Jack Kirby will be seen as prophets, to future generations. And Gene Roddenberry (for the Khan storyline).

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
11-08-2016, 04:03 PM
(10-08-2016 10:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 07:23 PM)cactus Wrote:  I don't really care about living longer, but I'd love to infuse myself with shark DNA and have a second penis. I'm so excited for the future Cool

Although... "transhumanism," just the word alone will be a stumbling block to conservative lawmakers. It sounds like a combination of two things they already hate. Don't think that wouldn't factor into their reasoning, because it absolutely would. Laugh out load

They are going to have a much more difficult time building that wall. But it will be fun watching them try. Big Grin

Also. You already don't have anything to do with one penis, why would you want a second?

He has two hands.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
11-08-2016, 04:16 PM
Were do I sign up?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
11-08-2016, 04:22 PM
(10-08-2016 11:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-08-2016 10:49 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Probably not. For the good of society, our intellectually superior designer babies will have to kill us after they are born.

For the Love of God I hope they do it humanely.

No no no, "Bob". Wink

(11-08-2016 08:53 AM)skyking Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 08:44 AM)Fireball Wrote:  That would be cool- one could piss and moan at the same time!

Mom's old joke Heart

I do that everyday!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
11-08-2016, 09:46 PM
I should mention that I was born with a genetic disorder that resulted in, among other things, an increased risk for developing schizophrenia or Parkinson's. It's not a guarantee that I'll develop them, but there's a chance. It'd be great if I no longer had to be concerned about those things.
12-08-2016, 08:13 AM
(11-08-2016 09:46 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I should mention that I was born with a genetic disorder that resulted in, among other things, an increased risk for developing schizophrenia or Parkinson's. It's not a guarantee that I'll develop them, but there's a chance. It'd be great if I no longer had to be concerned about those things.
I'm in the same boat. My father has Multiple Sclerosis and there's a chance I'll develop it later in life because I inherited his genes. Undecided

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
14-08-2016, 01:31 AM
(12-08-2016 08:13 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 09:46 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I should mention that I was born with a genetic disorder that resulted in, among other things, an increased risk for developing schizophrenia or Parkinson's. It's not a guarantee that I'll develop them, but there's a chance. It'd be great if I no longer had to be concerned about those things.
I'm in the same boat. My father has Multiple Sclerosis and there's a chance I'll develop it later in life because I inherited his genes. Undecided

Sorry to hear that, you guys. I have to get my first colonoscopy this year (age 40) because the genes for colorectal cancer are in my paternal line, and it killed my grandfather at the age of 55.

The funny part about this is that when I read what Vosur wrote, above, the thought popped into my head, "Well what a crappy Intelligent Design we are, eh?"

Then it hit me. If humans manage to improve our knowledge of genetic engineering, even a little bit from the present state, then we will actually become Intelligent Designers who are literally better at it than the purported God of the religions who espouse that concept of the Designer.

Mind. Blown.

I wonder if they'll still be able to use that "look at the world, isn't it so obviously designed?" schtick, after that... since people can reply, "Yeah, your Designer designs like he's Forrest Gump, and we had to fix it."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post