Genetics and creationism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Genetics and creationism
I was just talking to a creationist (don't ask why) and they said that modern genetics disproves evolution and proves ID.

Me: [Image: jackie-chan-confused.png]

Can someone explain this to me. As you can see from the picture, I have no idea what's going on here lol.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first."-Kurt Cobain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2012, 03:18 PM
RE: Genetics and creationism
Perhaps this will help.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...2/genetics

God's invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2012, 04:23 PM
I am guessing the argument is that just as a computer programmer would use a similar code, all life on earth uses a similar code.

Maybe?
13-05-2012, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2012 05:12 PM by Hafnof.)
Edit: Removed link due to lack of direct relevance. I'll come back to this thread later.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
13-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Did they happen to mention how, or did they just throw it out there as like a blanket statement?

If they can explain it to you then that's something, but my guess is that's not going to happen.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
13-05-2012, 11:39 PM
(13-05-2012 03:18 PM)theophilus Wrote:  Perhaps this will help.

Nice link to Answer in Genesis. The article ought to be called "The Best of Old Evolution Arguments that Have Been Disproven".

The part under "genetics" rings of Lamarckism, which was a theory around the time of Darwin and has been well-refuted. It is in this vein that they explain Darwin's explanation for the giraffe's long neck, an explanation that modern biologists do not still hold. The author of the article, of course, does not mention this fact. He or she must have assumed that evolutionists treat The Origin of Species like the bible, an infallible and inalienable document. We do not.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
14-05-2012, 02:20 AM
Let's put it this way:
Mutation, Recombination, and Environmental Influence on Organisms provide the variation for natural selection to act on, which leads to the process of evolution as there is a change in the allelic frequency of the population of organisms.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
14-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Once god lived on a mountain. Then we invented planes and flew over the mountain and he was not there.
Once god lived in the oceans. Then we invented submarines and he was not there.
Once god lived in the clouds. Then we invented rocket ships that could fly above the clouds and he was not there.
Once god lived in the heavens. Then we invented telescopes that could see the heavens and he was not there.
Now god lives in DNA? Where will he live next?
Perhaps god has always just lived in our minds and once we invent better ways to visit there god will have no where else to live.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 3 users Like Thomas's post
14-05-2012, 10:47 AM
(13-05-2012 11:39 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  
(13-05-2012 03:18 PM)theophilus Wrote:  Perhaps this will help.

Nice link to Answer in Genesis. The article ought to be called "The Best of Old Evolution Arguments that Have Been Disproven".

The part under "genetics" rings of Lamarckism, which was a theory around the time of Darwin and has been well-refuted. It is in this vein that they explain Darwin's explanation for the giraffe's long neck, an explanation that modern biologists do not still hold. The author of the article, of course, does not mention this fact. He or she must have assumed that evolutionists treat The Origin of Species like the bible, an infallible and inalienable document. We do not.

It's a shame that I can't give you anymore rep. Nice post man.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post