Genital Mutilation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2010, 08:39 AM

RE: Genital Mutilation
that really sounds horrendous! You have this operation and non-medical reasons at the age of 11 is truly awful. You certainly seem to have suffered problems since which makes the whole thing a lot worse.

As mentioned mine was done for medical reasons at the age of 11 and I have no idea about the sensitivity before or after since only know about after. However, probably because I knew the reason for having the operation and agreed with it, I didn't really suffer any problems at all afterwards and indeed not to this day and at a little over 50 years now!

I wonder whether some legal problems relate to the emotional problems of that particular time in your life so he's not just the medical procedure but also emotional problems which may think particularly difficult for you. In any event you have my deepest sympathy.
Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2010, 08:43 AM
(30-09-2010 08:10 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(28-09-2010 07:14 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Not trying to be confrontational, but I do know something about it. I dare say, more than the average bear.

I actually became a victim of genital mutilation when I was 11 due to non-medical reasons (seriously though, I don't want to go into the details of how it happened again... Lets just say that my parents are mental) and I did "start early" with masturbation. I have a rather clear memory of sexual pleasure with and without a foreskin and I can say that it is much different. I have also been experiencing a steady desensitization in the 5 years since the end of puberty.

Still from what I read around the experience is much different from person to person. I know some people in America who believed that desensitization was normal, even some who didn't know what a foreskin was (and a few of them were in their middle ages too) I even have a friend who was left with an inability to be sexually stimulated because of circumcision.

I also heard that circumcision during early puberty is a very bad idea and can cause even more problems than birth circumcision and adult circumcision combined.

I know for me it caused a massive drop in self esteem that seriously interfered with my school life, made me very shy, and it also caused me to have a very zig zagging libido and some late teen hormonal problems. And above mentioned decreasing sensitivity I have had problems with injuries caused by my clothing for most of my life now.

Sorry if this is too much information, but it's just my story.

On the contrary, I thank you for sharing your story! Not too much information at all.
I hope I didn't imply by what I said that I know lots about what happened to you. I really did mean I know alot about the medical side of things, along with the need to circumcise the majority of the foreskin to solve the medical problem.
Part of the reason I learned so much was through exhaustive research. I was circumcised at 21 years old. It was a tough decision, because I had a lot of concern about desesitization. One of the things I learned was the same as you mentioned. Circumcising a kid, especially during puberty, is VERY dangerous, and causes a great many complications in most. I'm really sorry to hear that was done to you. Have you heard about some of the foreskin reconstruction tecniques? Some are as simple (ok, not really simple) as stretching even the smallest amount of loose skin to cover the ridge of the glans (A hood like I referred to earlier), and some as complex as grafting to completely reconstruct the foreskin. Lots are unperfected, but the creation of a hood my be something that could really help your situation. I've heard lots about clothing causing injury, and a small hood prevents this in most cases. It covers the ridge when the penis is flacid (instead of just bunching underneath the ridge) and protects from the chafing that can be very painful. (I can attest to this, and have great empathy for you). Just a thought.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2010, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2010 02:05 PM by Cetaceaphile.)
I have thought of getting reconstructive surgery, but it's hard to get non-essential medical care in the UK.
I have the hood type you described, covering the glans ridge (the only part of my glans that hasn't suffered desensitization actually) and I can say it's not adequate. Still, I heard bad things about foreskin reconstruction, like the process of it actually causing damage to the glans, though I don't know as much.
I did take to "wearing" Vaseline for a while, but this actually caused urine infections and didn't seem to help very much. Though it seemed logical at the time..

I don't know... I've rattled myself thinking about it actually, it's something I tend to suppress as best I can.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that it caused stunted growth which lead to narrow urethra problems, I hear that is also common too for pubescent circumcision.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
30-09-2010, 04:03 PM
I actually feel like I've been raped.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
30-09-2010, 08:58 PM
(30-09-2010 04:03 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I actually feel like I've been raped.

That makes sense. You have definitely been personally violated. Rape is also a persoal violation. There is probably a lot of similarity in the ways they feel.
02-10-2010, 10:36 PM
I suppose so.

It just makes no sense either. I mean even for medical reasons it seems drastic. My sister has problems with her eyelids being over delicate and frequently infected, but she doesn't cut them off, she has a treatment routine. It just seems non-sensical.

I suppose because the idea of "Foreskin is just a flap of skin you don't need" has been spread all over the place, which is untrue. The glans of the penis isn't itself covered with "skin" it is supposed to be covered by a skin to keep it moist and away from friction and debris. The foreskin does the same job as eyelids, and just about every other inch of skin on the body for that matter.

(This is a "graphic" image) http://stopthecut.org/blog/wp-content/up...979711.jpg
The effects on the glans is much the same as it would be for eyes, just a little longer to take effect. I have experience of both types, the image seems accurate from my experience.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
06-10-2010, 02:28 AM
(02-10-2010 10:36 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  (This is a "graphic" image) http://stopthecut.org/blog/wp-content/up...979711.jpg

The penises to the left don't look very happy.. Sad

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
06-10-2010, 03:09 AM

you may not think the penises look happy where is very high chance that they work just as well as those on the right. Mine looks like one of the ones on the left has served me well over the years. However I do not advocate this sort of surgery unless it is necessary.
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Still it is a person to person thing.

My penis isn't very happy at all, but isn't nearly as bad as the left pictures yet. :<

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.