Genital mutilation - child abuse?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: Genital mutilation - child abuse?
(11-12-2014 06:37 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Both are wrong in my opinion, but I don't see how anyone in their right mind can argue that one is not worse than the other.
Female genital mutilation is more dangerous, more painful, more horrifying, and traditionally performed around closer to puberty.

Should people be allowed to circumcise their sons at birth? I don't think so, but it doesn't really compare to female genital mutilation.

Well I'm not aware of female genital mutilation outside of Muslum cultures exist... I say that because they don't necessarily do right around birth Male circumcision always. They tend to do that at older ages, the so called rules say it needs to be done anytime before 10.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2014, 06:48 PM
(11-12-2014 04:18 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 08:47 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  A-fucking-men. I am perfectly fine with an adult choosing to have his or her privates sawn a bit, but I don't think children should be forced into that without their informed consent (and they really can't give it).

Have you seen some of the documentaries on female genital mutilation? Its disgusting, rage inducing and just sickening.

I don't care how dangerous it is, if an adult wishes to do that to themselves, I am not going to stop them. It's their choice.
11-12-2014, 08:00 PM
(11-12-2014 06:40 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 06:37 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Both are wrong in my opinion, but I don't see how anyone in their right mind can argue that one is not worse than the other.
Female genital mutilation is more dangerous, more painful, more horrifying, and traditionally performed around closer to puberty.

Should people be allowed to circumcise their sons at birth? I don't think so, but it doesn't really compare to female genital mutilation.

Well I'm not aware of female genital mutilation outside of Muslum cultures exist... I say that because they don't necessarily do right around birth Male circumcision always. They tend to do that at older ages, the so called rules say it needs to be done anytime before 10.

I think it's wrong. My son isn't circumcised. I went through a lot of shit to make sure of it.

I was just saying female circumcision is more awful.
Also, it's illegal where I live but it happens just the same. Some experts estimate hundreds of thousands of cases yearly and that doesn't include the ones that are shipped off to other countries to have it done legally.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...risis.html

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
11-12-2014, 08:53 PM
(11-12-2014 08:00 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 06:40 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Well I'm not aware of female genital mutilation outside of Muslum cultures exist... I say that because they don't necessarily do right around birth Male circumcision always. They tend to do that at older ages, the so called rules say it needs to be done anytime before 10.

I think it's wrong. My son isn't circumcised. I went through a lot of shit to make sure of it.

Also, it's illegal where I live but it happens just the same. Some experts estimate hundreds of thousands of cases yearly and that doesn't include the ones that are shipped off to other countries to have it done legally.

Is the female mutilation you speak of the kind that eliminates a woman's chances of ever achieving orgasm? Or is that Hollywood bullshit? If it's real the people who perpetrate it should be shot!

11-12-2014, 09:45 PM
(11-12-2014 08:53 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 08:00 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I think it's wrong. My son isn't circumcised. I went through a lot of shit to make sure of it.

Is the female mutilation you speak of the kind that eliminates a woman's chances of ever achieving orgasm? Or is that Hollywood bullshit? If it's real the people who perpetrate it should be shot!

It can eliminate her chances of ever achieving orgasm, I'm not sure if it's guaranteed but it's likely. It can also mean sex will be extremely painful for the rest of her life and results in death of the victim far more often than circumcision. Actually I think death from circumcision is pretty unlikely.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
13-12-2014, 05:00 PM
(11-12-2014 09:45 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  It can eliminate her chances of ever achieving orgasm I

In fact chas I was wrong, your idea of death sounds a lot better now.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
13-12-2014, 07:09 PM
(11-12-2014 09:45 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 08:53 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Is the female mutilation you speak of the kind that eliminates a woman's chances of ever achieving orgasm? Or is that Hollywood bullshit? If it's real the people who perpetrate it should be shot!

It can eliminate her chances of ever achieving orgasm, I'm not sure if it's guaranteed but it's likely. It can also mean sex will be extremely painful for the rest of her life and results in death of the victim far more often than circumcision. Actually I think death from circumcision is pretty unlikely.

I totally agree. Circumcision is wrong and all (I'm uncircumcised myself), but FGM is definitely far worse.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
15-12-2014, 07:44 PM
I had a brief conversation about this with a friend once. It was short, but my point was well established.

Her: "That's absurd; it is NOT child abuse!"

Me: "Did the child consent to the unnecessary and invasive alteration of its genitals?"

Her: "Of course not. How can a baby consent?"

Me: "Precisely."

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Misanthropik's post
20-12-2014, 06:10 AM
Female genital mutilation (I refuse to call it female circumcision) removing the clitoris is one of the worst crimes imaginable. But comparing it to male circumcision is wrong.

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends circumcision, stating "the benefits outweigh the risks." Multiple studies have shown that it reduces the chances of a multitude of diseases, especially for gay men. It no longer has anything to do with religion.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
20-12-2014, 06:22 AM
(20-12-2014 06:10 AM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends circumcision, stating "the benefits outweigh the risks."

I dunno. I think that such a decision as cutting the end of your wang off can be made by an adult very happily. Unless it protects against childhood diseases [edit] and is *clearly* *much* better than leaving it alone [/edit], think it's a bit off to decide for the kid.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post