Genocide in the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
24-08-2013, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2013 11:25 AM by Skippy538.)
Genocide in the Bible
I would like to start a thread that anyone can point to that accounts for all, or most of, the actual accounts of Genocide in the Bible. There is an apologetisist on this forum who has twice denied that any account in the Bible could be "properly" characterized as GENOCIDE, but rather could only be characterized as a "just war." Ahem.

I pointed out Numbers 30 but apparently one example is not sufficient to make the point. I am really busy at work for a while, but I don't want this bullshit to stand. Could you guys help me by listing out your favorite Genocide stories from the Bible? Specifically, those stories where women and children are murdered are the focus. Rape is a bonus. In the future we can just point to this, so I no longer have to do this Frusty

EDIT: Hoping to use this a reference, so please include specific scriptural references.

Thanks!

Skip
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2013, 11:11 AM
RE: Genocide in the Bible
Hmmm, let me see.

How about wiping out all human life on the whole planet except for one family?

I still can't work out where all the water went when the flood died down.

Smile

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
24-08-2013, 12:09 PM
I'd like to know what was so fucking "just" about the purported Israelite blitzkrieg on Canaan. Even the way the morons tell the story, the Canaanites were sitting there minding their own fucking business and these murdering savages came pouring out of the desert to kill them.

Regardless of the fact that none of it ever happened, it is still an odd sort of thing to hold up as "heroic." What makes it more ironic is that when various conquerors did the same thing to the jews they thought it was just awful.
24-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Well, there are all those towns that Yahweh ordered Joshua to completely annihilate, including Jericho, Ai, Gibeon, Makkedah, Libnah, Lachish, Eglon, Hebron's villages, etc.
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
24-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Well there was that asshole Lot and his family that made Honey Boo Boo look like the Brady Bunch. I mean okay so the daughters got him drunk and tried to play doctor but he didn't have to turn around and offer them up to the horny mob. Besides I always pictured that place like Detroit you'll find some gold if want wade through eight feet of shit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2013, 01:29 PM
I was just thinking of Lot, what a coincidence. What a coward. If he had any balls at all, he would have grabbed every man and servant in the house, stepped outside the house with Swords and Maltov Cocktails, and said "You fuckers ready to go bitch?!!!" and stepped up. Even if you die, at least you lived like a real man.

I would never watch anyone's daughter get raped and let it happen to save my own ass, let alone MY OWN DAUGHTER? What a fucking piece of shit, this coward. If that's god's idea of someone who is "righteous," he can have it. If the real men are in hell, I would rather go there. Plus they will have the good whiskey in hell, since no one in heaven can imbibe.
[+] 1 user Likes Skippy538's post
25-08-2013, 12:29 AM

Even if this guy isn't completely accurate Noah's flood alone would be one of the largest genocides in history perpetrated by a single event. Even if you argued people were sinful I doubt babies and young kids were anything close to evil.

But you know babies had to obviously have been something horrid God had created for him to drown them all. Maybe they were just ugly, who knows, God kills a ridiculous amount of things just out for the hell of it.

Even the devil can't keep up. God created him just to blame something I guess.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 3 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
25-08-2013, 02:33 AM
(25-08-2013 12:29 AM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  

Even if this guy isn't completely accurate Noah's flood alone would be one of the largest genocides in history perpetrated by a single event. Even if you argued people were sinful I doubt babies and young kids were anything close to evil.

But you know babies had to obviously have been something horrid God had created for him to drown them all. Maybe they were just ugly, who knows, God kills a ridiculous amount of things just out for the hell of it.

Good find Shiruba. Thanks.

Sonic the Hedgehog moment at 5:00... perfect!

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
25-08-2013, 04:41 AM
(25-08-2013 12:29 AM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  

I lol'd so hard at Numbers 16:49. (14,700 people think God is killing too many people, he kills them.)

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
25-08-2013, 06:59 AM

This boy is Ignorance. This girl is Want. Beware them both, and all of their degree; but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom... - The Ghost of Christmas Present.
[+] 3 users Like Sam's post