Genocide in the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
25-09-2013, 02:27 PM
RE: Genocide in the Bible
(25-09-2013 02:11 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  That the Bible never endorsed genocide in general but a specific killing of a certain people group. You might as well say Hitler or Stalin wanted to kill every person on Earth. I'm sorry but I think we should hold each other to factual standards.

What the heck is the difference between 'genocide in general' and the specific killing of a certain group of people? Genocide, by definition, IS the specific killing of a certain group. As for killing every person on Earth (except the lucky few on the zoo boat), that act is reserved for those you love and worship.

I really don't envy the position of trying to defend the bible. How can you possibly match wits with modern civilization when your own 'teammates' are a bunch of brutes from the bronze age?

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2013, 02:28 PM
OK I get that the people can kill, but I was being a little silly implying being able to kill someone with words alone is mighty impressive. (religion=words)

Also define false religion non of them have been proven to be true so I don't see the benchmark for being false.
If they have no proof than they don't exist, but that's not the same as being false is it?

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
25-09-2013, 02:51 PM
All,

Again, I did earlier on this thread made an apologetic for and/or denied that biblical genocide existed. As I wrote earlier I am arguing now from your perspective, that the Bible commanded a genocide. Why are we arguing this without the context of the prophesied diaspora that would happen if the genocide wasn't complete? We'd now have a BS book written circa 300 BCE with truthful prophecies in it...
25-09-2013, 02:54 PM
If the bible had truthful prophecy in it than I shall consume my pants. As it stands they made random vague predictions and wrote it down after the fact, so what they actually predicted does not matter.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
25-09-2013, 02:57 PM
(25-09-2013 02:51 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Again, I did earlier on this thread made an apologetic for and/or denied that biblical genocide existed. As I wrote earlier I am arguing now from your perspective, that the Bible commanded a genocide...

So, you still would argue with a straight face that
(25-09-2013 02:11 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  The Bible ... endorsed ... a specific killing of a certain people group.
does not constitute genocide?

Right then.

(25-09-2013 02:51 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Why are we arguing this without the context of the prophesied diaspora that would happen if the genocide wasn't complete? We'd now have a BS book written circa 300 BCE with truthful prophecies in it...

Whether the act constitutes genocide does not depend on the consequences. Context is why it happened, a justification which most of us find wanting regardless. It does not change what happened.

... this is my signature!
25-09-2013, 04:56 PM
(25-09-2013 01:04 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  All,

I'm cutting to the chase here:

1) Liberal scholars believe the HB was written circa 300 BC and that the Exodus and the Israelite conquest of Canaan are myths. Therefore, you are complaining about genocide and slavery that never occured.

2) Bible believers say the writing was earlier and there was a genocide and slavery. They also finished reading the rest of the HB to see that something like 200 times in it, god warned the Israelites that syncretism and inter-marriage would lead to death for the Israelites, diaspora and persecution. These pledges/prophecies came to pass!

Pick one.

You are very dim. Very.

No one here is complaining about that having happened.

The complaint is that the Bible tells of these as though they are acceptable, endorsed by your God.
These are horrible tales not fit for anything but disgust.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
25-09-2013, 05:11 PM
I love you guys. This is great entertainment while I'm stuck at work. Drinking Beverage

All information in the above post is my own opinion and will not
necessarily be logically sound or conform to reality as we know it.

You have been warned. Tongue
26-09-2013, 09:17 AM
All,

Again, I'm not denying it was a genocide, I'm asking why you refuse to acknowledge the prophecies that if the genocide was incomplete, that marriage would lead to syncretistic religion would lead to diaspora would lead to worldwide persecution of the Jewish people, all of which have come to pass.

Thanks.
26-09-2013, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2013 11:00 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(26-09-2013 09:17 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  All,

Again, I'm not denying it was a genocide, I'm asking why you refuse to acknowledge the prophecies that if the genocide was incomplete, that marriage would lead to syncretistic religion would lead to diaspora would lead to worldwide persecution of the Jewish people, all of which have come to pass.

Thanks.

There was a religious syncretism between Judaism and the Greek mystery religions, it's called 'Christianity'...

I hereby prophesize that you will continue to be disingenuous for the foreseeable future, you will continue to annoy others on the forums while you continue to post on this forum. Now either you will stop posting here to disprove my divine revelation, and I win. Or you will continue to post and in doing so prove that I had an 'authentic prophesy', and I win. Go on PJ, your move. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
30-09-2013, 02:49 PM
All we can prophesy here for you is that you didn't answer the question above:

"I'm not denying it was a genocide, I'm asking why you refuse to acknowledge the prophecies that if the genocide was incomplete, that marriage would lead to syncretistic religion would lead to diaspora would lead to worldwide persecution of the Jewish people, all of which have come to pass."