Genocide in the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
25-08-2013, 07:44 AM
RE: Genocide in the Bible
Two great videos. I don't know how believers maintain their constant delusion that this god guy is good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2013, 01:19 PM
I tend to believe the strong belief tends to come from the idea of immortality and living with your loved ones forever and also the idea of hell. I believe if religions lacked this one important part they would not be as strong as they are today.

I love the video God on Trial. Its a lovely piece especially telling a haunting story about the Holocaust and the belief of God in the most dire of situations where you are supposed to look for God despite God in return sending you to a hell and torture on earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5caAug5n8Zk

Here is the entire video.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
25-08-2013, 01:31 PM
(25-08-2013 01:19 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  I tend to believe the strong belief tends to come from the idea of immortality and living with your loved ones forever and also the idea of hell. I believe if religions lacked this one important part they would not be as strong as they are today.

I love the video God on Trial. Its a lovely piece especially telling a haunting story about the Holocaust and the belief of God in the most dire of situations where you are supposed to look for God despite God in return sending you to a hell and torture on earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5caAug5n8Zk

Here is the entire video.

The 'God On Trial' film is based on a true story... based on the play 'The Trial Of God' by Eli Wiesel... he was a prisoner at Auschwitz and was present at the actual trial.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
25-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Deuteronomy 28:14-29... God threatens genocide.[/i]

[i]And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:

16 Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.

17 Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.

18 Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

19 Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out.

20 The Lord shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.

21 The Lord shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.

22 The Lord shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.

23 And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron.

24 The Lord shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

25 The Lord shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.

26 And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray them away.

27 The Lord will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.

28 The Lord shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:

29 And thou shalt grope at noonday, as the blind gropeth in darkness, and thou shalt not prosper in thy ways: and thou shalt be only oppressed and spoiled evermore, and no man shall save thee.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
26-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Thank you Everyone!
27-08-2013, 10:26 AM
There is a nonstampcollector video where one guy was asking another if he had heard about various cultures [that were wiped out by the marauding Hebrews], but now can't remember which one it was.
27-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Holy hell, . . . "God on Trial - The Rabbis Speech". Kind of awe inspiring!
[+] 1 user Likes DeavonReye's post
27-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Let’s see…

“If Noah is true, there was genocide”. Of course, that’s skipping over the… wait for it… context. People were more degenerate then than even now and “did whatever they wanted”. Oh yes, and the REAL context of “Everyone in the planet Earth might die of natural causes [like floods]!”

YOU WIN. EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER LIVED AND DIES OF NATURAL CAUSES MUST DIE OF A GOD-ORDAINED GENOCIDE. Brilliant!

Congratulations to our Noah poster on winning PJ’s “Dumbest post of the week award”.

The Deuteronomy 28 stuff IS scary. If I had a big pair, I’d tell you that the Holocaust and other sufferings of the Jewish people in Diaspora come right here in Deut 28… for national rejection of Her Messiah, but I don’t… so I won’t.

Of course, Deut 29 promises salvation and blessing, too, and not everyone bites it in Deut 28, so this poster wins my “Good reader award”.

Quote: I'd like to know what was so fucking "just" about the purported Israelite blitzkrieg on Canaan. Even the way the morons tell the story, the Canaanites were sitting there minding their own fucking business and these murdering savages came pouring out of the desert to kill them.

Wins the “so so out-of-context award.”

1. There was advance knowledge of the Canaanites (about 40 years’ worth) that the Jews were god’s people, coming out of Egypt with smoke and wonders, and were killing everyone, and even Balak gave them four blessings when Baalam cursed them.

2. The Canaanites were doing some bad stuff. ABRAHAM was told they were the worst kind of pagans and then god gave them 400 YEARS to repent.

3. It’s not a genocide when the people you “blitzkrieg” have giants, fortified cities, huge armies, mercenaries they pay from other lands, and iron chariots. The Jews have left Egypt WITHOUT ANY WEAPONS in their possession unless they picked some up at a… wait for it… FLOOD SALE. The Jews were SO SCARED OF ATTACKING THE PEOPLES WITH THEIR “BLITZKRIEGING ARMIES” they disobeyed god and wandered forty years!

4. You also win the “this is not genocide award”.
27-08-2013, 01:59 PM
PS. "Number 30" is genocide? That doesn't seem right:

Moses said to the heads of the tribes of Israel: “This is what the Lord commands: 2 When a man makes a vow to the Lord or takes an oath to obligate himself by a pledge, he must not break his word but must do everything he said.

3 “When a young woman still living in her father’s household makes a vow to the Lord or obligates herself by a pledge 4 and her father hears about her vow or pledge but says nothing to her, then all her vows and every pledge by which she obligated herself will stand. 5 But if her father forbids her when he hears about it, none of her vows or the pledges by which she obligated herself will stand; the Lord will release her because her father has forbidden her.

6 “If she marries after she makes a vow or after her lips utter a rash promise by which she obligates herself 7 and her husband hears about it but says nothing to her, then her vows or the pledges by which she obligated herself will stand. 8 But if her husband forbids her when he hears about it, he nullifies the vow that obligates her or the rash promise by which she obligates herself, and the Lord will release her.

9 “Any vow or obligation taken by a widow or divorced woman will be binding on her.

10 “If a woman living with her husband makes a vow or obligates herself by a pledge under oath 11 and her husband hears about it but says nothing to her and does not forbid her, then all her vows or the pledges by which she obligated herself will stand. 12 But if her husband nullifies them when he hears about them, then none of the vows or pledges that came from her lips will stand. Her husband has nullified them, and the Lord will release her. 13 Her husband may confirm or nullify any vow she makes or any sworn pledge to deny herself.[b] 14 But if her husband says nothing to her about it from day to day, then he confirms all her vows or the pledges binding on her. He confirms them by saying nothing to her when he hears about them. 15 If, however, he nullifies them some time after he hears about them, then he must bear the consequences of her wrongdoing.”

16 These are the regulations the Lord gave Moses concerning relationships between a man and his wife, and between a father and his young daughter still living at home.
27-08-2013, 02:29 PM
It has been a while since I read some of those passages; pure carnage! It disturbs me how easily I accepted them when I believed.

Genocide is too polite a word for that much killing.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?