Gentlemen and Whores.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2014, 11:41 AM
RE: Gentlemen and Whores.
(14-11-2014 11:36 AM)Dom Wrote:  I didn't read this whole thing.

Woofie, you are addicted to ranting about everything and anything you can possibly squeeze into the category addiction.

What is next, chocolate, jogging, lifting weights, sugar, masturbation, gardening, listening to music?

You can get addicted to anything and everything, even ranting about addiction.

Maybe a good solution would be for Wolfie (grin) to make a thread about what addiction is? And others might have their own horror stories(?)
Anyway...instead of various topics when the underlying theme is addiction just drag it out of the closet and let addiction have its say...

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
14-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Addiction to gardening still sounds kind of healthy though lol Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
14-11-2014, 08:20 PM
(14-11-2014 07:20 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Addiction to gardening still sounds kind of healthy though lol Big Grin

Not if your laying in bed but can't sleep because you think those hedgers might be out of shape... or that the tomatoes didn't get the right amount of water and might wilt... so you get up and put on your robe to start watering in the middle of the night, then you witness next door a lot of strange noises.

This occurs each night you have to go out gardening from loss of sleep; you begin to hypothesis there may be a whorehouse next store... thankfully you realize it's legal where you are and you realize that you've now found a solution to your gardening addiction stress. Congratulations.Smartass

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-11-2014, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2014 05:22 PM by Mr Woof.)
(06-11-2014 04:43 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 03:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  If the legal aspect of brothels are highlighted too much that very acceptance may create other problems.

Simple question for you Woof: If we criminalized and stigmatized the profession of Architecture tomorrow would the lives of Architects be bettered or worsened?

Nowhere did I claim that workers in the sex industry should be stigmatized or criminalized in order to worsen their legal status in some parts of the world.
You, along with a lot of other people have gone off on tangents based on how you think I might look at things, as opposed to your so called enlightened attitude. I do not see some degree of conservatism in my thinking as a bad thing, any more than a half baked radical approach is a good thing. Statistics are fine, but hardly panaceas in achieving some semblance of truth; I am a philosopher not a sociologist.

My OP looked at some considerations that have been made relating to brothels.
A worker in a legalized brothel (subject to those in power) is arguably better advantaged than a street worker and her pimp, even more so than one working alone. I was not primarily concerned with legality,job viability, and choice of how to engage the occupation, but prostitution per se. Because I used the word 'whore' it has been simplistically suggested that I am somehow anti women and looking to ridicule and condemn any foray in the sex industry. Not so!

Statistics provided re STIs being half that of the general community, come across as pretty fudgy, given the notorious difficulty in sourcing infection as well as hesitance to speak out relevant one's behaviour. Also, and long personal experience is important here, the cash nexus is an issue when it comes to risky indulgences, not withstanding the monthly checks.

In sum, my OP concerned the benefits and down side of prostitution as a social service, or dis service from a general moral perspective, not a specific one.
I was looking at how the service may help (or hinder) the family in particular,general social interaction. normative values,women's issues, among others. If some behaviours relating to leisure and employment are less socially beneficial than others then, rather than excessively encourage such (not make illegal) it seems incumbent upon a democratically elected government to engage with all of the pros and cons as meaninfully and fairly as possible in the mega interests of society as a whole.
15-11-2014, 06:47 PM

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-11-2014, 06:57 PM
(15-11-2014 06:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

He dances better; hope I look a fair bit younger.........Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
15-11-2014, 08:28 PM
(15-11-2014 06:57 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 06:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

He dances better; hope I look a fair bit younger.........Thumbsup

So I make a NICE post for you suggesting you start a thread about addiction and you reward me with a Negative rep point?????
WTAF Wolf?
That really blows.

I have talked to you, respected you, worried that your upset might make you leave, apologized to you....tried to joke with you, spoke with you privately in PM, and made a suggestion for addiction woes...
And you reward me with negative rep.

Wow..... Just wow.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
15-11-2014, 08:35 PM
(15-11-2014 08:28 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 06:57 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  He dances better; hope I look a fair bit younger.........Thumbsup

So I make a NICE post for you suggesting you start a thread about addiction and you reward me with a Negative rep point?????
WTAF Wolf?
That really blows.

I have talked to you, respected you, worried that your upset might make you leave, apologized to you....tried to joke with you, spoke with you privately in PM, and made a suggestion for addiction woes...
And you reward me with negative rep.

Wow..... Just wow.
Be like me,ignore the r word!Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
15-11-2014, 09:46 PM
(15-11-2014 06:57 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  He dances better; hope I look a fair bit younger.........Thumbsup

Pics or it didn't happen. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
15-11-2014, 11:44 PM
(15-11-2014 09:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Pics or it didn't happen. Drinking Beverage
Took some pics with Cyberlink you Cam.....need to figure how to send now!Blink