Gentlemen and Whores.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2014, 02:42 PM
RE: Gentlemen and Whores.
(05-11-2014 01:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 11:55 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Off the beaten path maybe, but in reading through this thread recently, what popped into my head is the double standard often associated with women who enjoy sex. They are dubbed 'whores,' or 'sluts,' or 'nymphos,' while men who enjoy sex or have a variety of partners in their lifetimes, are thought of as cool, players, or it's just business as usual. After all, boys will be boys kinda thing.

That bugs me.

It bugs the fuck outta me too Deidre always has and it's even worse then that too. If you have sex you are a whore but if you don't you are a prude. It's fuckin' silly, and one of my biggest problems with religion, it's stance on female sexuality.

It's done an uncalculable amount of damage down through the ages, both physical and mental.

Totally agree.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 05:33 PM
(05-11-2014 01:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 11:55 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Off the beaten path maybe, but in reading through this thread recently, what popped into my head is the double standard often associated with women who enjoy sex. They are dubbed 'whores,' or 'sluts,' or 'nymphos,' while men who enjoy sex or have a variety of partners in their lifetimes, are thought of as cool, players, or it's just business as usual. After all, boys will be boys kinda thing.

That bugs me.

It bugs the fuck outta me too Deidre always has and it's even worse then that too. If you have sex you are a whore but if you don't you are a prude. It's fuckin' silly, and one of my biggest problems with religion, it's stance on female sexuality.

It's done an uncalculable amount of damage down through the ages, both physical and mental.

Agree! And also...if a female is a virgin past high school, it's not considered a negative but if a guy is a virgin past high school, it's considered a negative. Religion invented these stereotypes, I have a feeling.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
05-11-2014, 09:29 PM
(05-11-2014 05:33 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 01:59 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It bugs the fuck outta me too Deidre always has and it's even worse then that too. If you have sex you are a whore but if you don't you are a prude. It's fuckin' silly, and one of my biggest problems with religion, it's stance on female sexuality.

Agree! And also...if a female is a virgin past high school, it's not considered a negative but if a guy is a virgin past high school, it's considered a negative. Religion invented these stereotypes, I have a feeling.

Patriarchal societies did religion just enforced them.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-11-2014, 10:19 PM
(05-11-2014 09:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 05:33 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Agree! And also...if a female is a virgin past high school, it's not considered a negative but if a guy is a virgin past high school, it's considered a negative. Religion invented these stereotypes, I have a feeling.

Patriarchal societies did religion just enforced them.

Yes and no.
There were matriarch societies as well. The Cult of Diana is a good study. They revered women as did the men in their societies. Others predate Diana.
Just adding....

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
06-11-2014, 02:07 AM
(29-10-2014 12:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  As some of my very dear friends might say... "Girl can't eat grass!"

Also, reciprocity is a core human value.

It's not because I consider the lilies of the field that I own nothing and have no investments; it's because I don't believe in getting something for nothing.

Or to put it another way... a gentleman should never leave without paying!

Cool

What about in situations where you've punched your 10th hole in your ticket and that "service" is on the house?
06-11-2014, 02:35 AM
(06-11-2014 02:07 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 12:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  As some of my very dear friends might say... "Girl can't eat grass!"

Also, reciprocity is a core human value.

It's not because I consider the lilies of the field that I own nothing and have no investments; it's because I don't believe in getting something for nothing.

Or to put it another way... a gentleman should never leave without paying!

Cool

What about in situations where you've punched your 10th hole in your ticket and that "service" is on the house?

Fair enough but I would argue that that's pre-paid.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-11-2014, 05:09 AM
(05-11-2014 02:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  I'd rather meet women who'd have slept around a bit honestly - a bit of experience is a damn good thing... Fuck all the haters. I mean, not literally. You can if you want to... And I won't judge you. But... yeah, they're just dicks anyway.

LoL Laughat

Anyway, I think prostitution should be legal. I only see pro and not cons in this decision, except for prejudice and religious reasons.

The only very essential requirement is consent. But that's true for every situation, so if an adult, capable of her own decisions, decides to be paid for sex, who is being harmed here? Two adults consenting to something is nobody's business. If they want to have sex while dressing as rabbits, no-one should give a damn, it's private business.

But if you legalize it, you also have more controls, more safety, etc.

It's really like abortion, and drugs and alcohol: whether it's legal or not, people will still do it, so why not regulate and control it properly? Prohibition anyone?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
06-11-2014, 02:44 PM
(05-11-2014 09:00 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So this is gonna be weird.

At one point during my travels after my wife died I ended up working in a Brothel as a security guard and it was an extremely enlightening experience. You learn a lot of things about people you would not expect.

For example:
1.) The clientele is about 80% business men and 10% first time frat boys idiots (the only ones we ever have problems with) and the other 10% are.....female. I can't tell you the number of closeted gay women who are married that came in. We had several regulars actually, because it was safe, discrete and relaxing. It's not the ideal situation but for many of them it kept their marriage together long enough for the kids to move out, which to them was the important thing.

Sketchy, seedy, and anyone looking doped up was just turned away at the door. Every single customer gets a through examination by the girl before anything happens. if she sees anything she does not like you are out the door. We refused customers on a daily basis.

2.) Only about half, give or take, of transactions actually involved intercourse. I'd say about 30% didn't even include the removal of any clothing. You would be surprised how many people just really need to hold someone without having to maneuver all the social interactions to get there.

3.) People like to say people get into this line of work 'casue "it's easy money", and nothing could be further from the truth. The ones who get into the job simply because of the money last about 5 months on average. It is NOT an easy job to do, it can be emotionally and physically taxing, and that's without the constant overhanging threat from the social stigma that can be put on you by society if your friends/family find out.
No one gets disowned or, as sadly happened once, beaten to death by a family member for becoming an engineer.

4.) The girls who get involved in this job willingly (slavery is not cool yo) are probably the most empathetic collection of people I have ever met in my life. They get into this line of work cause they actively enjoy making people feel good, in general and as a person. I've seen more kind and caring treatment of people from prostitutes then I ever have from a church attending grandmother. I can say without a doubt at all that I would much rather see a brothel on every street corner then a church. They are also probably the least judgmental people on the planet.

5.) The vast vast vast VAST majority of girls that worked there when I did had a healthy relationship with both parents. The stereotype of girls with daddy issues becoming prostitutes was about as far from the truth as you could get. They also hated that stereotype. A lot. Like OMG so much haha

People who try and stamp out brothels are idiots, the ones who do it to "protect women" even more so. Clubs are where you get roofied and raped not a brothel, you are more likely to get sexually assaulted in a church.

First, well done in protecting the ladies.

As for brothels being safe places, I'm not so sure of that.
At least not here in Australia, and according to some of the prostitutes I have spoken too. It only takes a few scum males to cause a lot of misery.

If protective legislation is improved relevant to the sex workers their welfare and job satisfaction will improve accordingly.
Yes! Some clients do just want a bit of company.
06-11-2014, 02:49 PM
(06-11-2014 05:09 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 02:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  I'd rather meet women who'd have slept around a bit honestly - a bit of experience is a damn good thing... Fuck all the haters. I mean, not literally. You can if you want to... And I won't judge you. But... yeah, they're just dicks anyway.

LoL Laughat

Anyway, I think prostitution should be legal. I only see pro and not cons in this decision, except for prejudice and religious reasons.

The only very essential requirement is consent. But that's true for every situation, so if an adult, capable of her own decisions, decides to be paid for sex, who is being harmed here? Two adults consenting to something is nobody's business. If they want to have sex while dressing as rabbits, no-one should give a damn, it's private business.

But if you legalize it, you also have more controls, more safety, etc.

It's really like abortion, and drugs and alcohol: whether it's legal or not, people will still do it, so why not regulate and control it properly? Prohibition anyone?

You have great faith in government legislation.

More education in STIs, economics, business management, consumer demand, ethics etc might help though!
06-11-2014, 02:59 PM
(29-10-2014 01:17 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 05:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  The word "whore" in the title is in no way meant to be condemnatory.
Note I have placed gentlemen in quotation marks.

Whore -the word- carries a certain connotation. Surely, you know that.....Australian or not.
"Whore" has been and still IS meant as a slur.

So.... There's that.

What with the 'Australian or not'? a tad racist?
We may be the antipodes, but we aren't all inbreds.

In the bush a cow cocky may well say "go on yer silly old whore.....
.........to his Mum (Mom)Confused