Gentlemen and Whores.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: Gentlemen and Whores.
(06-11-2014 02:44 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  ...
It only takes a few scum males to cause a lot of misery.

That can be said about any social situation.

Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 03:04 PM
(06-11-2014 02:49 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  You have great faith in government legislation.

More education in STIs, economics, business management, consumer demand, ethics etc might help though!

Well I'm just saying that it would be a great improvement in those terms. Certainly nobody is perfect and it won't solve all the problems like magic, but I think it would be a much needed start.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
06-11-2014, 03:08 PM
(06-11-2014 03:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 02:44 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  ...
It only takes a few scum males to cause a lot of misery.

That can be said about any social situation.

Drinking Beverage

I was writing about one life occurence, not an encyclopaedia.
06-11-2014, 03:21 PM
(06-11-2014 02:44 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 09:00 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So this is gonna be weird.

At one point during my travels after my wife died I ended up working in a Brothel as a security guard and it was an extremely enlightening experience. You learn a lot of things about people you would not expect.

For example:
1.) The clientele is about 80% business men and 10% first time frat boys idiots (the only ones we ever have problems with) and the other 10% are.....female. I can't tell you the number of closeted gay women who are married that came in. We had several regulars actually, because it was safe, discrete and relaxing. It's not the ideal situation but for many of them it kept their marriage together long enough for the kids to move out, which to them was the important thing.

Sketchy, seedy, and anyone looking doped up was just turned away at the door. Every single customer gets a through examination by the girl before anything happens. if she sees anything she does not like you are out the door. We refused customers on a daily basis.

2.) Only about half, give or take, of transactions actually involved intercourse. I'd say about 30% didn't even include the removal of any clothing. You would be surprised how many people just really need to hold someone without having to maneuver all the social interactions to get there.

3.) People like to say people get into this line of work 'casue "it's easy money", and nothing could be further from the truth. The ones who get into the job simply because of the money last about 5 months on average. It is NOT an easy job to do, it can be emotionally and physically taxing, and that's without the constant overhanging threat from the social stigma that can be put on you by society if your friends/family find out.
No one gets disowned or, as sadly happened once, beaten to death by a family member for becoming an engineer.

4.) The girls who get involved in this job willingly (slavery is not cool yo) are probably the most empathetic collection of people I have ever met in my life. They get into this line of work cause they actively enjoy making people feel good, in general and as a person. I've seen more kind and caring treatment of people from prostitutes then I ever have from a church attending grandmother. I can say without a doubt at all that I would much rather see a brothel on every street corner then a church. They are also probably the least judgmental people on the planet.

5.) The vast vast vast VAST majority of girls that worked there when I did had a healthy relationship with both parents. The stereotype of girls with daddy issues becoming prostitutes was about as far from the truth as you could get. They also hated that stereotype. A lot. Like OMG so much haha

People who try and stamp out brothels are idiots, the ones who do it to "protect women" even more so. Clubs are where you get roofied and raped not a brothel, you are more likely to get sexually assaulted in a church.

First, well done in protecting the ladies.

As for brothels being safe places, I'm not so sure of that.
At least not here in Australia, and according to some of the prostitutes I have spoken too. It only takes a few scum males to cause a lot of misery.

If protective legislation is improved relevant to the sex workers their welfare and job satisfaction will improve accordingly.
Yes! Some clients do just want a bit of company.

While that may be true those Scumbags will be there either way and when Prostitution is illegal it closes off any assistance, as the sex workers are committing a crime, so they cannot get help. Legalization helps to limit that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
06-11-2014, 03:30 PM
(06-11-2014 03:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 02:44 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  First, well done in protecting the ladies.

As for brothels being safe places, I'm not so sure of that.
At least not here in Australia, and according to some of the prostitutes I have spoken too. It only takes a few scum males to cause a lot of misery.

If protective legislation is improved relevant to the sex workers their welfare and job satisfaction will improve accordingly.
Yes! Some clients do just want a bit of company.

While that may be true those Scumbags will be there either way and when Prostitution is illegal it closes off any assistance, as the sex workers are committing a crime, so they cannot get help. Legalization helps to limit that.

If an illegal prostitute is assaulted she can charge the offender the same as if a legal one is assaulted.
If the legal aspect of brothels are highlighted too much that very acceptance may create other problems. a kind of ad hoc legitimization with a sting in it's tail.
I am not sure that most of the brothel entrepreneurs are overly concerned with the welfare of the girls. Here in Australia, sex slaves have been found in some quite highly respected brothels.
06-11-2014, 03:52 PM
I'm no expert, but I would think that if your profession itself is against the law, any dealings with courts or police become dangerous and are probably usually avoided at great length.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 4 users Like Adrianime's post
06-11-2014, 04:31 PM
(06-11-2014 03:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 03:21 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  While that may be true those Scumbags will be there either way and when Prostitution is illegal it closes off any assistance, as the sex workers are committing a crime, so they cannot get help. Legalization helps to limit that.

If an illegal prostitute is assaulted she can charge the offender the same as if a legal one is assaulted.
If the legal aspect of brothels are highlighted too much that very acceptance may create other problems. a kind of ad hoc legitimization with a sting in it's tail.
I am not sure that most of the brothel entrepreneurs are overly concerned with the welfare of the girls. Here in Australia, sex slaves have been found in some quite highly respected brothels.

Except they don't because the cops know they are breaking the law, most will have been picked up before by the vice unit. So they avoid any law enforcement. This is not speculation on my part it is how Prostitutes are treated when the practice is illegal. Your concerns are rather flimsy in the face of what actually happens under a government prohibition. Sex workers are abused by all involved, Pimps Johns and Cops regularly abuse them. Legalising the practice gives them an outlet.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-11-2014, 04:35 PM
(06-11-2014 02:44 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  As for brothels being safe places, I'm not so sure of that.

And you would be wrong then. There was a higher degree of sexual assault and assault and battery at the local Police Station then there was at the Brothel I worked at (also lived there, room and board were part of the job package). We are talking about a place that has round the clock 24 hour security and chances are you are likely to find a cop there anyway.Tongue

It's not surprising to me that a prostitute in Australia would dislike working as a prostitute in Australia. The laws covering sex works are barbaric in some parts of the country, seldom enforced, inconstant across the country, and cases of abuse or employer mistreatment are almost never investigated by the police (except in New South Whales and even then its rare) due to the public perception of "they are just whores". It's the fact they are not being properly protected by the law that is creating problems.

As for the last bit that is true of every single social situation so it can't be used as an argument against specific situations.

The criminalization and the dehumanization of sex workers is detrimental to everyone involved. It creates black markets which leads to human trafficking and modern day slavery and compounds that onto a society that does not care about these people at all because they are "whores".

Also on a side note they HATE being called whores..or sex workers..or prostitutes. "People" is the term they generally enjoy.Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
06-11-2014, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 04:48 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(06-11-2014 03:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  If an illegal prostitute is assaulted she can charge the offender the same as if a legal one is assaulted.

Ya, no. Like..super no.

Even if you could go to the cops (you can't it's a waste of time, most of them won't even fill out the papers) you never would. Stuff like that is always handled in house and not by cops.

You wanna know why most don't go to cops? Cause the cops have a long and sorted history of contacting the sex workers family to try and "save them". It got a good friend of mine killed. By her father.

Most cops will just book you for solicitation the second you admit to it and let the guy who did the assault walk.

06-11-2014, 04:43 PM
(06-11-2014 03:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  If the legal aspect of brothels are highlighted too much that very acceptance may create other problems.

Simple question for you Woof: If we criminalized and stigmatized the profession of Architecture tomorrow would the lives of Architects be bettered or worsened?