Gentlemen and Whores.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Re: RE: Gentlemen and Whores.
(05-11-2014 09:00 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So this is gonna be weird.

At one point during my travels after my wife died I ended up working in a Brothel as a security guard...

Just as a side question, do you tip the ladies. If so, how much?

I had a friend who takes a trip to Amsterdam every year for prostitutes. He can only speak Dutch to ask what they will and won't do, but can't where the bathroom is.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 05:41 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
RE: Gentlemen and Whores.
(06-11-2014 04:50 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  

At one point during my travels after my wife died I ended up working in a Brothel as a security guard...

I had a friend who takes a trip to Amsterdam every year for prostitutes. He can only speak Dutch to ask what they will and won't do, but can't where the bathroom is.

Depends on the establishment. Some actually don't allow tipping. Some cultures consider it rude even.

Where I worked tipping was left to the discretion of the girl and the customer, though regulars nearly always tipped. They had favorite girls and tipping is a good way to keep you in their good graces.

If tipping in other social settings is frowned upon in that culture it's likely to be frowned upon in the Brothels as well. I've only ever been in the one I worked though, except for a weekend of moonlighting security, so I can't really say for sure.
Actually if you want a really good bit of advice tip the door man on the way out. It's rare so he will remember you and that you are generous, which is a fact that will make it to the girls as well. Never tip on the way in though, just looks like bribery and they are likely to toss you then and there. On the way out though is one of the smartest things you can do if you plan to be back. Same thing with clubs and strip joints too, especially if you plan to be a regular.

My life is weird.Shocking

Edit: Sorry forgot the how much part. About 20%ish was the average if I had to guess, I never handled money though. I always said whatever you tip a waitress for handling your coffee, tip the sex worker twice as much for handling you junk. Laugh out load

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
06-11-2014, 05:58 PM
(06-11-2014 04:43 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 03:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  If the legal aspect of brothels are highlighted too much that very acceptance may create other problems.

Simple question for you Woof: If we criminalized and stigmatized the profession of Architecture tomorrow would the lives of Architects be bettered or worsened?

That's an apples pears sort of thing to say.
Readily available prostitution, which may involve the exchange of body fluids, perhaps some emotional entanglements, possible links to drugs/extortion,work because nothing else is available,increased community STIs, etc is hardly as safe as houses.
06-11-2014, 06:25 PM
(06-11-2014 05:58 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 04:43 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Simple question for you Woof: If we criminalized and stigmatized the profession of Architecture tomorrow would the lives of Architects be bettered or worsened?

Readily available prostitution, which may involve the exchange of body fluids, perhaps some emotional entanglements, possible links to drugs/extortion,work because nothing else is available,increased community STIs, etc is hardly as safe as houses.

Quote:Construction's "Fatal Four"

Out of 3,929* worker fatalities in private industry in calendar year 2013, 796 or 20.3% were in construction―that is, one in five worker deaths last year were in construction. The leading causes of worker deaths on construction sites were falls, followed by struck by object, electrocution, and caught-in/between. These "Fatal Four" were responsible for more than half (58.7%) the construction worker deaths in 2013*, BLS reports. Eliminating the Fatal Four would save 468 workers' lives in America every year.

Falls — 294 out of 796 total deaths in construction in CY 2013 (36.9%)
Struck by Object — 82 (10.3%)
Electrocutions — 71 (8.9%)
Caught-in/between — 21 (2.6%)

https://www.osha.gov/oshstats/commonstats.html

Try again Construction is very risky, much more so than sex.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-11-2014, 07:17 PM
(06-11-2014 05:58 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 04:43 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Simple question for you Woof: If we criminalized and stigmatized the profession of Architecture tomorrow would the lives of Architects be bettered or worsened?

No it's really not, you are welcome to give an honest answer to the question. Most of the problems faced by prostitutes are are because of criminalization and the stigmatization. There is a reason serial killers tend to target sex works: the police don't expend much of any resources investigating their missing persons cases if they involve a sex worker cause they are not considered a "high priority".

So please I invite you to answer my question.

[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
06-11-2014, 07:32 PM
(06-11-2014 04:50 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  

The real question is did you quit or were you fired? And why? Big Grin

#sigh
06-11-2014, 07:35 PM
(06-11-2014 05:58 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  perhaps some emotional entanglements,

Emotional attachments are a fact of life in every social situation. Once gain I'll remind you you can not use things that are universally true as an argument against specific things.
Negative emotional entanglements, such as stalking and harassment, are far easier to deal with if everyone involved has legitimate access to the police.
You know what helps with that? Not criminalizing the potential victims.

(06-11-2014 05:58 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  possible links to drugs/extortion,
Brothels are like any business, the good ones don't allow their employes to be drunk or high at work. Brothel workers use drugs at similar levels as gen pop in most countries that have legalized prostitution. Are you more or less likely to go for a sex worker that looks like she is on meth? it's bad for business. It's also a lot easier for brothels and brothel employes to report drug offenses....if they don't have to worry about being arrested.

(06-11-2014 05:58 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  work because nothing else is available,
Already covered this the vast vast vast majority of girls who do the job of their own free will (cause gain, slavery is bad yo) do it because it's an enjoyable job. People also take jobs they don't like cause of a lack of work all the time. This is again, universally true and not a problem specific to prostitution.

(06-11-2014 05:58 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  increased community STIs, etc
Sex workers suffer from STI's at the same rate or lower then gen pop. This is a total myth and one that has been debunked even in Australia.

(06-11-2014 05:58 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  is hardly as safe as houses.
And again you would just be flat out wrong. ANY job evolving heavy labor, construction, electricity, or automobiles is orders of magnitude more dangerous and unsafe.

[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
06-11-2014, 07:44 PM
(06-11-2014 07:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 04:50 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Just as a side question, do you tip the ladies. If so, how much?

The real question is did you quit or were you fired? And why? Big Grin
I left without notice as a violent altercation stemming for an attempted rape (outside the brothel and by someone not me) got a little out of hand. If that sounds vague it's because it is on purpose.Laugh out load

I still get letters, actual sail mailLaugh out load, from them from time to time. Good people, I dislike people talking down to them and trying to decide how their lives should be organized for them.

If you are trying to figure out if I ever mixed my business with my pleasure the answer is.....noLaugh out load It compromises the protector/protectie dynamic. The last thing you wanna do when you have to look after 30+ grown ladies is putting ones safety above the others do to personal bias. you have to stay kinda detached.
They are all fantastic conversationalists though, requirement of the job is you have to be good with people, and I've had lots of hour long conversations with some of them during the slow hours haha.

[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
06-11-2014, 07:50 PM
(06-11-2014 07:44 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  They are all fantastic conversationalists though, requirement of the job is you have to be good with people, and I've had lots of hour long conversations with some of them during the slow hours haha.

I'm pretty sure some of their clients are only there because they are fantastic conversationalists.

#sigh
06-11-2014, 07:57 PM
(06-11-2014 07:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 07:44 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  They are all fantastic conversationalists though, requirement of the job is you have to be good with people, and I've had lots of hour long conversations with some of them during the slow hours haha.

I'm pretty sure some of their clients are only there because they are fantastic conversationalists.

Yeah, it's the same guys that read playboy for the articles Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post