George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush Hospitalized

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2017, 05:06 PM
George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush Hospitalized
George H.W. Bush and Wife Barbara Hospitalized as ‘Precaution’ for Separate Health Issues

Quote: While George H.W. Bush remains in the intensive care unit of a Houston hospital after experiencing "shortness of breath," the former president's wife, Barbara, has also been admitted for a separate health issue, the couple's spokesman said Wednesday.

The former first lady was taken to Houston Methodist Hospital on Wednesday morning "as a precaution after experiencing fatigue and coughing," spokesman Jim McGrath said in a new statement following an update on her husband's condition.

Her husband, 92-year-old Bush, was taken to Houston Methodist Hospital to treat an acute respiratory problem stemming from pneumonia, the statement said.

"Doctors performed a procedure to protect and clear his airway that required sedation," McGrath said. "President Bush is stable and resting comfortably in the ICU, where he will remain for observation."

Bush chief of staff Jean Becker earlier said he's "fine and he's doing really well," according to the Houston Chronicle. Earlier, local media quoted Bush's chief of staff as saying the 41st president was expected to go home from Houston Methodist Hospital in a few days after he was first hospitalized Saturday.

Former President Bill Clinton wished a "speedy recovery" after learning about the Bushes hospital stays Wednesday.

(No clue how to embed tweet, so just quoting Bill Clinton's "41 and Barbara—thinking about you both and sending wishes for a speedy recovery. Love, 42.
2:09 PM - 18 Jan 2017 ")

Bush, who served as U.S. president from 1989 to 1993, has a form of Parkinson's disease and uses a motorized scooter or a wheelchair for mobility. He was hospitalized in Maine in 2015 after falling at his summer home and breaking a bone in his neck.

In December 2014, he was hospitalized in Houston for about a week for shortness of breath. Previous to those stays, he spent Christmas 2012 in intensive care for a bronchitis-related cough and other issues.

Despite the loss of mobility, he celebrated his 90th birthday by making a tandem parachute jump in Kennebunkport. Last summer, Bush led a group of 40 wounded warriors on a fishing trip at the helm of his speedboat, three days after his 92nd birthday celebration.

His office announced earlier this month that George H.W. and Barbara would not attend Donald Trump's inauguration this week due to the former president's age and health.

"Bush 41," as he affectionately became known, entered politics in 1964 when he lost his bid for a U.S. Senate seat in Texas. But he went on to win a House seat two years later and run again for Senate in 1970 at the urging of President Richard Nixon. He was unsuccessful, however, Nixon rewarded Bush by appointing him as ambassador to the United Nations.

From there he went on to hold a host of different titles, including chairman of the Republican National Committee, the U.S. envoy to China, and director of the Central Intelligence Agency.

The experiences would prove the cornerstone of his failed 1980 presidential campaign that led to his selection as Ronald Reagan's running mate. It catapulted his own presidential campaign in 1988 when he defeated Democrat Michael Dukakis.

As the 41st president, he helped oversee the end of the Soviet Union, made two selections to the Supreme Court and, most notably, stood up to Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's invasion of Kuwait, temporarily boosting him to record-high approval ratings.

But a faltering economy and breaking his famous "no new taxes" pledge led to Bush's 1992 loss to Bill Clinton.

Here's hoping he recovers, but poor guy is 92 and has a whole host of bad health issues. Here's hoping Barbara Bush recovers as well, she's pretty up there in age too. Sad

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2017, 06:07 PM
RE: George H.W. Bush and Barbara Bush Hospitalized
I just read about that...both of them...

I don't know any specifics about his health issues, I know he's had a few, but I do hope if he can recover it's so he can return doing whatever he likes doing...Instead of existing in a non-meaningful way.

I guess I hope that for both of them.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-01-2017, 06:10 PM
As seems to happen frequently, he has breathing issues and ends up in the hospital in Houston. From what they were saying on the radio here, Barbara had a bit of a respiratory thing and is also fatigued...probably from caring for him since he's been sick a while.

We hear frequent updates on George 1's health on the radio around here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-01-2017, 07:05 PM
They will not be missed. By me at least. I hope they both stop wasting oxygen ASAP.
18-01-2017, 07:23 PM
If I have health issues at 92 --- I'll be the most surprised motherfucker on the planet.....

Really??? I lived to the age of 92?????????

Go fuckin' figure.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
18-01-2017, 07:26 PM
(18-01-2017 07:05 PM)ImFred Wrote:  They will not be missed. By me at least. I hope they both stop wasting oxygen ASAP.

Yeah, but tell us how you really feel, Fred. Tongue

18-01-2017, 07:43 PM
Sorry, Fred, but you know I'm about as liberal as they come and I have to call "Offside" on that one.

You don't have to like them as people or as politicians, but they still should be wished well in combat against illness.

No one deserves to suffer.

I am no fan of the Bush dynasty, but I can't think of anything they did that warrants such a remark.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 5 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
18-01-2017, 08:22 PM
(18-01-2017 07:43 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Sorry, Fred, but you know I'm about as liberal as they come and I have to call "Offside" on that one.

You don't have to like them as people or as politicians, but they still should be wished well in combat against illness.

I am no fan of the Bush dynasty, but I can't think of anything they did that warrants such a remark.

Here's three: The Panama Invasion, The Gulf War, and The War on Drugs.

His foreign and economic policies were designed to sacrifice the lives of poor people to perpetuate a system of oppression designed by the ultra rich. He's an absolute scumbag. He should be universally hated.
18-01-2017, 08:38 PM
(18-01-2017 08:22 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(18-01-2017 07:43 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Sorry, Fred, but you know I'm about as liberal as they come and I have to call "Offside" on that one.

Here's three: The Panama Invasion, The Gulf War, and The War on Drugs.

His foreign and economic policies were designed to sacrifice the lives of poor people to perpetuate a system of oppression designed by the ultra rich. He's an absolute scumbag. He should be universally hated.

You're right. But hating someone for their politics and wishing death are different. I prefer not to go there.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-01-2017, 09:17 PM
You take Panama, The Persian Gulf, and all the non-violent drug offenders that have been raped, tortured, and killed in America's barbaric prisons he's nothing less than a mass murderer. That's why I wish him and his wife the absolute worst.