Something I don't get
Something I agree with
[Show Results]

Georgia Guidestones

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2011, 03:18 AM
RE: Georgia Guidestones
To be honest , unless you have a powerful skeptic defense mechanism you can easily fall prey to this kind of crap.
First you see/hear of one conspiracy , it seems horrible , you ignore it.It stays in the back of your mind and left unchallenged it affects you.In time you believe that you are part of a few that know of the evil conspiracy and it just gets bigger , it piles up with every little thing : first some 9/11 crap , then freemasons , jews , monarchy , illuminati , pharmaceuticals , reptilians etc.
After a while you have doubts because many views conflict i.e : Christianity will save us, Christianity is a tool of the evil reptilians and the shamans will save us.
My doubts finally won when I met an atheist - I swear I was in hsock for 5 min when I heard those words and that there was no god.It made me question my beliefs and a few months of books/articles/documentaries and YT videos later I was a skeptic atheist.

Also , the guidestones are mentioned on Georgia(state)'s sote :
http://elberton.georgia.gov/05/article/0...66,00.html

I think they were a tourist attraction at one point.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2011, 07:07 AM
I'm not sure I have a powerful skeptic defense mechanism (although I'm very much a cynic), but I don't believe in conspiracies. Never have. Just seems to defy human nature.

As for the tourist attraction aspect, I've on doubt that they are/were. Small towns need something to boost their economy and this is no worse then any other idea. Doesn't Romania have an entire "Dracula" industry? From what I've read - and please tell me if I have not understood this correctly - they have taken an actual part of their national history and allowed it to be completely altered by Hollywood and pop culture in the interest of drawing tourists.

Anything for a dollar.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
24-01-2011, 07:49 AM
I think that they are good guild lines. Putting them in law might cause problems, but I think that people on their own will should try to follow them.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
24-01-2011, 09:30 AM
(24-01-2011 07:07 AM)BnW Wrote:  Doesn't Romania have an entire "Dracula" industry? From what I've read - and please tell me if I have not understood this correctly - they have taken an actual part of their national history and allowed it to be completely altered by Hollywood and pop culture in the interest of drawing tourists.
We do - it's utter crap and it hardly brings in tourists and it's a mockery of an actual historic leader. Imagine that our tourism logo , cost 1 million $ , and in reality a student would do a similar one for 5 $. Also the exact one used was copyrighted as free Big Grin
Our history being mocked up to Hollywood standards is the least of our concerns.
Besides , I'm trying to eject myself into another EU country before the Romania "airplane" hits a "mountain".
25-01-2011, 01:41 AM
There is a town in Alberta, Canada named Vulcan that decided to turn itself into a Star Trek tourist trap because their town had the same name as Mr. Spock's planet. Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
25-01-2011, 03:32 AM
Yea , saw that on a documentary presented by Shatner . Still that's one town changing it look for tourists and making ends meet - not an entire country selling out its history.
And as I've mentioned that's not our worst problems.
Actually , some leaked diplomatic documents from the American embassy described us as "barbarians" - wonder if we could do a Conan the Barbarian thing.
25-01-2011, 08:04 PM

I don't agree with the second one, simply because i can't see a way it can be achieved without banning certain groups of people to have children and i can't reconcile that with myself.
Quote this message in a reply