Germ Theory

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2015, 07:25 AM
RE: Germ Theory
I kind of wonder what her explanation for bad breath in the morning is! :thinking:

[Image: 004.sig]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2015, 08:39 AM
(21-11-2015 10:19 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(21-11-2015 09:45 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Just like the atomic and evolutionary variants, a theory simple provides a mechanism for a given phenomenon. In the case of germs, the mechanism is microorganisms. Your friend is pretty much saying such microorganisms don't exist. Science disagrees.

P.s. ask your friend if they get flu shots, and if they do, remind them how such vaccines are derived from the virus.

That won't work because of the whole evilution thing an vaccines. I would ask what she thinks germ theory is, then ask for where she got this idea from. If she is too far gone, then slowly back away to a safe distance and call those nice guys with the padded rooms and straightjackets.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
22-11-2015, 08:44 AM
I like DLJ's idea. Just ask her if she washes her hands after going to the bathroom. If she says "yes", she clearly believes in germ theory. If she says "no", don't shake hands with her or allow her to touch you or eat any food she has prepared - ever.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
22-11-2015, 08:48 AM
I disagree, I think Germ theory is real, it's called the GOP.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
22-11-2015, 01:40 PM
I should probably have posted the rest of the meme. I didn't see that there was somewhat of an essay attached to her meme:

Can Humans Control Their Own Health Without Poison Based Medicine?

The germ theory is based on the idea that viruses and other organisms can invade healthy lifeforms and that healthy lifeforms are helpless to that viral, germ based or bacterial invasion. If germ theory was correct, no one would be alive to be reading this post. The terrain theory is based on the idea that certain conditions must be met for disease (an imbalance) to manifest and that the viruses, bacteria or germs either hatch from inside the body or are invited into the body, to help re-establish a healthy balance. http://bit.ly/20M8TfO

The germ theory is based on war, a fear of nature and a belief that we aren't in control. The terrain theory is based on peace, self respect, self care, a working relationship with nature and a belief that we as individuals are the only ones in control of our own health. Our handlers don't want humanity to believe in any theory connected to humans having control of anything because independent and empowered humans are harder to control, manipulate and rule over.

My blog
[Image: communion_zpslrzvgcuh.jpg]
22-11-2015, 04:30 PM
I think you need to ask her what she thinks a "theory" is? If she thinks it's just a "guess" you might straighten her out on that, though it probably won't do any good.

You might also ask her if she's ever had her teeth cleaned, a cavity filled, had a pap test or even had a manicure. Ask her if she cares if the dentist, the doctor or the manicurist wears medical gloves. If she cares then she's gotta have some concept of germs. If not, then she's welcome to find a dentist, doctor or manicurist that doesn't wear gloves, get some dreaded disease, not take antibiotics, die and be the next Darwin winner thereby eliminating her stupid gene pool. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-11-2015, 04:39 PM
(22-11-2015 01:40 PM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  I should probably have posted the rest of the meme. I didn't see that there was somewhat of an essay attached to her meme:

The germ theory is based on the idea that viruses and other organisms can invade healthy lifeforms and that healthy lifeforms are helpless to that viral, germ based or bacterial invasion.

Have they never heard of the immune system? Consider

Quote:If germ theory was correct, no one would be alive to be reading this post. The terrain theory is based on the idea that certain conditions must be met for disease (an imbalance) to manifest and that the viruses, bacteria or germs either hatch from inside the body or are invited into the body, to help re-establish a healthy balance. http://bit.ly/20M8TfO

"invited into the body"? That is wacky beyond belief.

Quote:The germ theory is based on war, a fear of nature and a belief that we aren't in control.

Quote:The terrain theory is based on peace, self respect, self care, a working relationship with nature and a belief that we as individuals are the only ones in control of our own health. Our handlers don't want humanity to believe in any theory connected to humans having control of anything because independent and empowered humans are harder to control, manipulate and rule over.

"Our handlers"? Consider Illuminati? Rosicrucians? Masons? Lizard people?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
23-11-2015, 06:48 AM
(22-11-2015 04:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-11-2015 01:40 PM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  I should probably have posted the rest of the meme. I didn't see that there was somewhat of an essay attached to her meme:

The germ theory is based on the idea that viruses and other organisms can invade healthy lifeforms and that healthy lifeforms are helpless to that viral, germ based or bacterial invasion.

Quote:If germ theory was correct, no one would be alive to be reading this post. The terrain theory is based on the idea that certain conditions must be met for disease (an imbalance) to manifest and that the viruses, bacteria or germs either hatch from inside the body or are invited into the body, to help re-establish a healthy balance. http://bit.ly/20M8TfO

"invited into the body"? That is wacky beyond belief.

Quote:The germ theory is based on war, a fear of nature and a belief that we aren't in control.

Quote:The terrain theory is based on peace, self respect, self care, a working relationship with nature and a belief that we as individuals are the only ones in control of our own health. Our handlers don't want humanity to believe in any theory connected to humans having control of anything because independent and empowered humans are harder to control, manipulate and rule over.

"Our handlers"? Consider Illuminati? Rosicrucians? Masons? Lizard people?

Mollusk people.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
23-11-2015, 07:15 AM
http://discovermagazine.com/galleries/ze...microbiome

Quote:Your body is made up of around ten trillion cells, but you harbour a hundred trillion bacteria. For every gene in your genome, there are 100 bacterial ones. This is your ‘microbiome’ and it has a huge impact on your health, your ability to digest food and more. We, in turn, affect them. Everything from the food we eat to the way we’re born influences the species of bacteria that take up residence in our bodies.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-11-2015, 11:13 AM
(22-11-2015 01:40 PM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  The terrain theory is based on the idea that certain conditions must be met for disease (an imbalance) to manifest and that the viruses, bacteria or germs either hatch from inside the body or are invited into the body, to help re-establish a healthy balance. http://bit.ly/20M8TfO
I love how that site has a copyright of 2015, but a layout of circa 1999.

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post