German Catholic Group Offers Homeopathic 'Cure' for Homosexuality.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-06-2011, 02:31 AM
German Catholic Group Offers Homeopathic 'Cure' for Homosexuality.
Wow, just wow, gotta "love" how the vatican always try to demonize homosexuality by labeling it as a dissease... Angry

Quote:It was revealed this week that a Catholic association of doctors in Germany has been advertising a homeopathic "cure" for homosexuality on its website, much to the outrage of LGBT rights groups in the country.

Billed as "Therapy Options for Homosexuality" the Union of Catholic Physicians (UCP), which reportedly calls itself the Catholic voice for the medical community, says that while homosexuality is not an illness, there can be a variety of treatments to keep those "inclinations" at bay.

Full Article.

[Image: 1063043-face3_super.jpg]

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MasterRottweiler's post
07-06-2011, 04:15 AM
RE: German Catholic Group Offers Homeopathic 'Cure' for Homosexuality.
So, let me summarise this...

They are offering a scientifically unproven placebo method to cure non-sick people so they can enter a doctrine lead by an old and unworldly ex-hitlerjugend member that claims he is the substitute of a highly hypothetical sky wizard that created the universe in 6 days?

Am I right?

I... I... I just can't take it anymore!
*Sob*
[Image: sobbing-baby.jpg]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
07-06-2011, 08:17 AM

(07-06-2011 04:15 AM)The_observer Wrote:  So, let me summarise this...

They are offering a scientifically unproven placebo method to cure non-sick people so they can enter a doctrine lead by an old and unworldly ex-hitlerjugend member that claims he is the substitute of a highly hypothetical sky wizard that created the universe in 6 days?

Am I right?

I... I... I just can't take it anymore!
*Sob*
Haha! I love this one. Catholic Group + Homeopathy + Cure for Homosexuality, in one thread title.

This world so funny it hurts. Too bad that, when religion is involved, people usually get hurt by stupidity like this...
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2011, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2011 03:01 PM by Observer.)
(07-06-2011 08:17 AM)Diederick Wrote:  This world so funny it hurts.
To say it with Stark Raving's avatar...
[Image: thestupiditburns1.jpg]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
07-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Erm .... Homeopathy is the (ridiculous, whacked out) theory that (in simple terms) you take the cause of a problem, ridiculously dilute it in water (sometimes to the point that your 'active ingredient' is no longer even present and only water remains) and drink the water (which 'remembers' then active ingredient) to cure your problem/illness/defect. i.e Mistletoe juice dissolved in water to the point that there is no more water would be used to cure a rash. This is my understand of homeopathy.

Unless I've totally got the concept of homeopathy totally wrong is anyone else not really worried by what 'active ingredient' might be being used here.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
07-06-2011, 03:03 PM
(07-06-2011 12:00 PM)hughsie Wrote:  Unless I've totally got the concept of homeopathy totally wrong is anyone else not really worried by what 'active ingredient' might be being used here.
Bwhahaha!!
You think to much! Big GrinBig Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
08-06-2011, 06:42 AM
Active ingredient? It's homeopathy, the active ingredient is sugar. The whole basis of this style of medicine is that creating the image of healing will convince the brain to heal. Yeah if someone is really upset with being gay, and they go take this medicine and listen to all the preaching. Maybe they will decide they can avoid being gay a while, it most likely won't last long. The goal of christianity in these cases is to convince people to abstain for their whole life, because their needs are "immoral". If you have needs there is little reason for you not to seek to fulfill them. If society dislikes those needs (pedophilia) they can decide how to punish someone, but the person cannot remove the needs. As things become more acceptable it should be sought by everyone that we allow more and more people to get their needs.

We've had so many revolutions of thought, which look to help people get their needs despite the majority belief of their needs being unimportant. I see no reason for the world not to embrace when a revolution comes and we are seeking the acceptance of people's needs. The whole basis of freedom is that people with different needs can meet their own, because the vastly unique populace does not share every need.

I just felt like saying something almost intelligent because the article is that aggravating =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
08-06-2011, 07:56 AM

God made everything. God made gays! Oh no, we can't accept that. Here, take this pill and fix it. Rolleyes
I wonder if the UCP has ever considered seeking a way to "cure" the Pedophiles in the RCC Priesthood? So much energy dedicated to curing natural normal sexuality, between consenting adults. While so much energy is dedicated to covering up deviant child rapists, wearing collars. Priorities damn it! Priorities.
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2011, 06:06 AM
So , this is a triple funny.
The tri-force , the holy trinity of ridiculous in one go ... just wow.
Catholics , use homeopathy , to cure the gay. LMFAO

Now as far as I know homeopathy is based on the dilute substances that gives the opposite. (i.e homeopathic sleep pill = coffee diluted 100000000)

So I'm guessing they diluted a semen sample from a gay man to fix homosexuality ?

Please edit if this is to graphic Tongue

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
10-06-2011, 04:32 AM
(09-06-2011 06:06 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  So , this is a triple funny.
The tri-force , the holy trinity of ridiculous in one go ... just wow.
Catholics , use homeopathy , to cure the gay. LMFAO

Now as far as I know homeopathy is based on the dilute substances that gives the opposite. (i.e homeopathic sleep pill = coffee diluted 100000000)

So I'm guessing they diluted a semen sample from a gay man to fix homosexuality ?

Please edit if this is to graphic Tongue

Or probably the active ingredient is a diluted drop of urine from a pedophile priest...

The funny thing is that I was debating this news on a spanish atheist chat and a religious user told us that homosexuality is not a desease, but then he gave us a link to an article written by a spanish researcher, on further investigation it was sponsored by a spanish university afiliated to Opus Dei...

I read portions of the article and the last conclusion was, as always, that homosexuality is probably caused by a lack of values in the society..., very unbiased article, isn't it?

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user