German Schools and Canteens Strike Sausage from the Menu to Avoid Offending Muslims

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2016, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2016 07:49 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: German Schools and Canteens Strike Sausage from the Menu to Avoid Offending Muslims
(06-03-2016 04:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  http://www.dw.com/en/schleswig-holstein-...a-19085870

Somebody wake my country up from this nightmare! Weeping

I kinda skimmed the article but didn't read where this was happening in schools -- like right now this very minute -- except for a sporadic few who seem to chose to remove it. It wasn't a mandate by the government that they should remove pork. But some feel the government should force places to serve sausage?

What I read was a bunch of proposals to ensure that sausage be included.

And I read something about "veggie day" that didn't go over well.

Drinking Beverage

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2016, 07:48 PM
RE: German Schools and Canteens Strike Sausage from the Menu to Avoid Offending Muslims
(06-03-2016 07:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 04:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  http://www.dw.com/en/schleswig-holstein-...a-19085870

Somebody wake my country up from this nightmare! Weeping

I kinda skimmed the article but didn't read where this was happening in schools -- like right now this very minute.

What I read was a bunch of proposals to ensure that sausage be included.

And I read something about "veggie day" that didn't go over well.

Drinking Beverage

Brussel sprouts day? Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-03-2016, 01:52 AM
German Schools and Canteens Strike Sausage from the Menu to Avoid Offending Muslims
Taking pork from Germans is like taking guns from Americans.

Just.wont.happen

After reading this i asked a colleague who has kids. He confirmed that in his childrens kindrgarden, Pork was compeltely removed from the table (and we are in a completely different state, south).

We dont have any rules or laws prohibiting pork, it seems to be just the political correctness of many schools.

Now looking at a broader context: Schleswig-Holstein is to the Social democratic party SPD what Texas is to the Reps. A 100% sure bet. It looks like the CDU is looking for topics for the next election, which happens to be very soon, in May to be precise (nice coincidence, isnt it?). This also means, that the CDU seems to have no better topics. Weeping
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
07-03-2016, 05:21 AM
"... as German as sausage and apple pie."

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
07-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Why did they banned pork sausage? Who asked for this? Did Muslims and Hindus really wanted to have these removed from cafeteria choices or was it decided «on their behalf»? This story reeks of manufactroversy. We had the exact same story in Montreal except it was for ham and meals from the sugar shack. It turns out, the story was vastly exagerated, built from scratch and from an exemption granted for culture reason not to participate in an activity at a sugar shack. It was built to cash in and exite the latent xenophobia in our society and it worked wonder. I am very dubious that any muslim or hindu reclaimed anything like that or that such an ban was even truly suggested in such terms.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
07-03-2016, 12:45 PM
(07-03-2016 12:05 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Why did they banned pork sausage? Who asked for this? Did Muslims and Hindus really wanted to have these removed from cafeteria choices or was it decided «on their behalf»? This story reeks of manufactroversy. We had the exact same story in Montreal except it was for ham and meals from the sugar shack. It turns out, the story was vastly exagerated, built from scratch and from an exemption granted for culture reason not to participate in an activity at a sugar shack. It was built to cash in and exite the latent xenophobia in our society and it worked wonder. I am very dubious that any muslim or hindu reclaimed anything like that or that such an ban was even truly suggested in such terms.

Nobody asked for it. Some canteens (dont know the actual percentage) seem to "adapt" to the increasing number of muslims, without any influence from the outside.
What the CDU wants is the state government (SPD) to commit itself against pork being removed (not banned!) from canteens. Of course they know that the SPD wont comply, the CDU then will saddle up on latent xenophobia ("those damn commies are bowing down to those damn foreigners") and hopes to gain some % until May.

As i have tried to suggest, it is most probably a try of the CDU to gain political foothold by appealing to xenophobia. The usual disgusting political abuse of almost-non-issues prior to upcoming elections.

However one may question the entire removal of pork from the menu just because muslims may have issues with it. Offering pork-free meals is one thing, entirely removing it because of someones sensibilities is something entirely different.

Germany has come a long way from trying to conquer the world to being overly pc. Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
07-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Why would you drink sausage out of a canteen? Germans are weird. Hobo

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
07-03-2016, 01:24 PM
When I lived in Las Vegas, for a time I worked as a VIP host at Mandalay Bay. Sometimes, that involved babysitting groups of Middle Eastern oil billionaires. One of the running jokes between the VIP hosts and concierges was based around the apparent insincerity of their stated distaste towards pork once they were alone.

A typical example of the type of situation I'm talking about would go something like this:

Four self proclaimed Muslims, when together, won't touch pork. Three go to take a shit, and one who's alone quickly, and quietly, asks you if you can sneak some bacon into his room later without the others finding out. He loves bacon and wants to have some, but doesn't want them to know he broke the rules. We're like, sure whatever, quietly reflecting to ourselves on the fact that we've already had the same conversation with two of the other ones when they were alone.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
07-03-2016, 02:17 PM
(07-03-2016 01:24 PM)yakherder Wrote:  When I lived in Las Vegas, for a time I worked as a VIP host at Mandalay Bay. Sometimes, that involved babysitting groups of Middle Eastern oil billionaires. One of the running jokes between the VIP hosts and concierges was based around the apparent insincerity of their stated distaste towards pork once they were alone.

A typical example of the type of situation I'm talking about would go something like this:

Four self proclaimed Muslims, when together, won't touch pork. Three go to take a shit, and one who's alone quickly, and quietly, asks you if you can sneak some bacon into his room later without the others finding out. He loves bacon and wants to have some, but doesn't want them to know he broke the rules. We're like, sure whatever, quietly reflecting to ourselves on the fact that we've already had the same conversation with two of the other ones when they were alone.

Like Baptists in a liquor store....

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
07-03-2016, 02:59 PM
(07-03-2016 01:02 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why would you drink sausage out of a canteen? Germans are weird. Hobo

Drinking sausage? Drink that tastes like sausage? Beer with sausage flavour?

*runs off to the patent office"
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post