German Schools and Canteens Strike Sausage from the Menu to Avoid Offending Muslims

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2016, 09:02 AM
RE: German Schools and Canteens Strike Sausage from the Menu to Avoid Offending Muslims
(07-03-2016 02:59 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 01:02 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why would you drink sausage out of a canteen? Germans are weird. Hobo

Drinking sausage? Drink that tastes like sausage? Beer with sausage flavour?

*runs off to the patent office"

I've had bacon soda... it was indescribably disgusting.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
08-03-2016, 06:14 PM
RE: German Schools and Canteens Strike Sausage from the Menu to Avoid Offending Muslims
Here is the Snopes summary: http://www.snopes.com/germany-bans-pork-...haria-law/

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 5 users Like Hafnof's post
08-03-2016, 06:30 PM
(06-03-2016 05:24 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 05:11 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Here's an idea. If the fucking muslims don't like pork, don't fucking eat it.

Problem solved.

Nothing like logic.

Too bad it doesn't prevail more often...

Having been raised Kosher I can see their point to a degree. I hadn't yet started school when an adult offered me a sandwich and I asked if it was pork and she just said "We won't tell anyone OK?" If they can assurethe parents that pork will not be given to Muslim or Jewish kids then the normal people should be allowed to eat it I would think. If a pork sandwich is withheld from a kid and the kid whines alert the parent!
09-03-2016, 05:21 AM
(08-03-2016 09:02 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(07-03-2016 02:59 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Drinking sausage? Drink that tastes like sausage? Beer with sausage flavour?

*runs off to the patent office"

I've had bacon soda... it was indescribably disgusting.

Evil, atheist propaganda! Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
09-03-2016, 06:08 AM
(08-03-2016 06:30 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 05:24 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Nothing like logic.

Too bad it doesn't prevail more often...

Having been raised Kosher I can see their point to a degree. I hadn't yet started school when an adult offered me a sandwich and I asked if it was pork and she just said "We won't tell anyone OK?" If they can assurethe parents that pork will not be given to Muslim or Jewish kids then the normal people should be allowed to eat it I would think. If a pork sandwich is withheld from a kid and the kid whines alert the parent!

You have that attitude because you were not raised with pork and you don't miss it.

If you came to my house for a party of people with mixed backgrounds, and I tried to only serve things everyone can agree on, we would have no meat, no sugar, no dairy, no carbs and very low calorie foods only. What does that leave you with? Lettuce?

Not to mention that it's MY place and if you choose to come there, you should be prepared to pick and choose your food from what is offered. You can't impose your likes/dislikes on my party, sorry. Throw your own party, but here, you are a guest.

I live in a host country also, and it never occurred to me to try to impose my eating habits on the schools I went to. I was raised to make decisions about what to eat myself.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-03-2016, 07:02 AM
(06-03-2016 04:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  http://www.dw.com/en/schleswig-holstein-...a-19085870

Somebody wake my country up from this nightmare! Weeping

Noooooo, a visit to Germany is not the same without Currywurst!!!
[+] 2 users Like Blessed_Cheesemaker's post
09-03-2016, 08:18 AM
(09-03-2016 07:02 AM)Blessed_Cheesemaker Wrote:  
(06-03-2016 04:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  http://www.dw.com/en/schleswig-holstein-...a-19085870

Somebody wake my country up from this nightmare! Weeping

Noooooo, a visit to Germany is not the same without Currywurst!!!

Dont worry, we still have currywurst, even if the wurst is made out of tofu Tongue
09-03-2016, 08:41 AM
Anybody that tries to strike my sausage should have their affairs in order first. Evil_monster
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
09-03-2016, 09:53 AM
(08-03-2016 06:14 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  Here is the Snopes summary: http://www.snopes.com/germany-bans-pork-...haria-law/
Well, to be fair, only one person here suggested that it's an actual ban and that person was quickly corrected because of it.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
09-03-2016, 11:21 AM
If it's not an outright ban, it's even more insidious, because then whoever decided on it can worm their way out of taking responsibility ("We didn't ban it, we just decided not to serve it").

Taking bratwurst away is one thing, but if the PC-vigilantes or muslims try to ban german beer, there will be hell to pay.