German homeschoolers get asylum in US

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2015, 05:12 PM
German homeschoolers get asylum in US
Germany requires parents to send their children to school.

The U.S. allows them to be fed bullshit.

They made a special law just for foreign folks to feed bullshit to their kids.

Smh.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...countries/

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2015, 05:14 PM
RE: German homeschoolers get asylum in US
Zieg fucking Jebus!!!

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-03-2015, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 06:35 PM by GirlyMan.)
Oh for hairy fuck's sake. I remember reading about this at FriendlyAtheist a year ago and I was like okay no big deal, we can make an exception for this family. And Friendly was like "slippery slope, slippery slope, gonna go viral, slippity dippity slope." Dude was right.

But that House Bill will, like almost every other House Bill, slowly decompose in the septic tank of stupidity where House Bills that never become law go to die. The fact it would even be publicly introduced and discussed is rather embarrassing though."Don't give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Just give me your stupid." Germany's like, "Okay. How many you want?"

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-03-2015, 06:07 PM
I'm quite happy with that. If I get married and have kids I will probably homeschool them. The fact that there isn't even the option to homeschool seems to me to be a serious problem. Speaking from experience, so far I've been the only kid to make it through the publically funded system here in ontario. My brother, did private school for half of grade 6 and both 7 and 8, after the grade 6 teacher tried to fail a third of the students. My little brother and sister are now homeschooled mainly because of the new sex curriculums in Ontario, but also because my little sister developed an auto immune disease and because my little brother has about 100 allergies and was failing grade 1 (he may have ADD, but he's also six).
So really, I have not been particularly impressed with the publicly funded school system and sometimes homeschooling is somewhat necessary especially given certain medical reasons.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
10-03-2015, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2015 08:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-03-2015 06:07 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I'm quite happy with that. If I get married and have kids I will probably homeschool them. The fact that there isn't even the option to homeschool seems to me to be a serious problem. Speaking from experience, so far I've been the only kid to make it through the publically funded system here in ontario. My brother, did private school for half of grade 6 and both 7 and 8, after the grade 6 teacher tried to fail a third of the students. My little brother and sister are now homeschooled mainly because of the new sex curriculums in Ontario, but also because my little sister developed an auto immune disease and because my little brother has about 100 allergies and was failing grade 1 (he may have ADD, but he's also six).
So really, I have not been particularly impressed with the publicly funded school system and sometimes homeschooling is somewhat necessary especially given certain medical reasons.

Ease off the sacramental wine Catholic. Gotta be some left for Mass. We ain't talking about your right to homeschool, it's about granting political asylum to foreign families based solely on their insistence on homeschooling. The argument is that the family is persecuted because it refuses to accept the requirement that German citizens demonstrate a basic level of education. ... Fuckin' Nazis.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-03-2015, 01:46 AM
Also the German education system is consistently good. If you live in Germany and you want your children to be educated well then you don't try to take them out of the education system.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
11-03-2015, 04:34 AM
If kids are homeschooled. What are the requirements for taking a test?

If I homeschool my kid, can I let them sleep and play video games for 12 years and say...here is your high school diploma? How is there any possible regulation for those kids getting a proper biology class and actually learning something that does not come from bible?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
11-03-2015, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 06:20 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
(11-03-2015 04:34 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  If kids are homeschooled. What are the requirements for taking a test?
each state has different laws. Some monitor well, some don't ever check.

[Image: image.jpg1_zpsxlozuwh8.jpg]

from HLSDA

the green states- you don't even have to NOTIFY the local school (possibly anyone?) that you are going to homeschool. I pulled up some stuff on just Texas, came across this.

Texas
HOME | LAWS | ORGANIZATIONS | CASES | LEGISLATION | HEADLINES | COMMON CORE
Texas
February 25, 2009
New Homeschool Family Required to Fill out Notification Form
The Edwards (name changed to protect privacy) family recently started homeschooling. As a courtesy, they notified the public school that they were withdrawing their son in order to privately educate him at home. No sooner had they sent the withdrawal letter when they received a fax from the school stating that the family must fill out a homeschool notification form.

The Edwards called Home School Legal Defense Association as soon as possible to ask whether they should fill the form. HSLDA informed the Edwards that no notification was required to homeschool in Texas.

HSLDA Senior Counsel Chris Klicka then sent the school a letter in response to the fax the school sent the Edwards. The letter explained that the family would not be filling out the form, as it was not required under the law, but assured the school that the family was following all the laws for homeschooling in the state of Texas.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
11-03-2015, 06:22 AM
I've known a few homeschooled kids.... Few turned out to be high achievers with the exception of my best friend's kids.... They homeschooled them (one boy, one girl) up till the age they went in High School then put them in for a couple of years for socialization. The girl graduated conventional school, the boy went back to homeschooling for senior year. The girl went on to college and is now an English teacher (with her husband) living in Japan. The boy, went to Maritime Academy and is now first mate on a Great Lakes freighter.......

It can work - but most people are more into the "home" than "schooling" part - and the kids suffer....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-03-2015, 06:39 AM
Highly dependent on the parents, of course. On average, home schooled children consistently outscore children in public schools on standardized tests. As long as it's done according to a legally defined standard, I'm all about home schooling.

But asylum? That's supposed to be reserved for people who have a legitimate fear of returning to their country of origin

'Murican Canadian