German police kill cinema shooter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: German police kill cinema shooter
(24-06-2016 09:50 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 09:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  I am struggling to see how your comments bear any meaningful relation to the topic.

I fully imagine you do.

Don't bother to explain yourself - go right on being a twat; it seems to be your style.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-06-2016, 10:00 AM
Deesse23 Wrote:  I had to chuckle when it said that Viernheim is near Frankfurt. Its ca. 70km from Frankfurt, but only a few km from Mannheim a 300.000 city, where the car and the bike was invented. Just tryin´ to hold up the flag of my hometown Flex

Omg is that Viernheim that is 'twinned' with Potters Bar in the UK (my childhood home town)? I went there on an exchange programme going back 22 odd years. Small world.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
24-06-2016, 10:11 AM
(24-06-2016 09:22 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Most Americans don't worship guns, most Americans don't own guns. [...]

Overall, about a third of all Americans with children under 18 at home have a gun in their household, including 34% of families with children younger than 12. That’s nearly identical to the share of childless adults or those with older children who have a firearm at home. —Pew Research

According to the Geneva-based Small Arms Survey—the leading source of international public information about firearms—the US has the best [sic] armed civilian population in the world, with an estimated 270 (300 as of 2015) million total guns. That’s an average of 89 (112 as of 2015) firearms for every 100 residents. Australians own 22 firearms for every 100 residents.

For every 1 million US residents, there are 29.7 homicides by firearm each year. In Australia, this rate is 1.4 homicides by firearm per million residents.

—The statistics don't lie. Americans are gun-happy. Dodgy

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
24-06-2016, 10:12 AM
(24-06-2016 10:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 09:50 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I fully imagine you do.

Don't bother to explain yourself - go right on being a twat; it seems to be your style.

I don't want to confuse you any further. It's boring.
24-06-2016, 10:13 AM
(24-06-2016 10:11 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 09:22 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Most Americans don't worship guns, most Americans don't own guns. [...]

Overall, about a third of all Americans with children under 18 at home have a gun in their household, including 34% of families with children younger than 12. That’s nearly identical to the share of childless adults or those with older children who have a firearm at home. —Pew Research

According to the Geneva-based Small Arms Survey—the leading source of international public information about firearms—the US has the best [sic] armed civilian population in the world, with an estimated 270 (300 as of 2015) million total guns. That’s an average of 89 (112 as of 2015) firearms for every 100 residents. Australians own 22 firearms for every 100 residents.

For every 1 million US residents, there are 29.7 homicides by firearm each year. In Australia, this rate is 1.4 homicides by firearm per million residents.

—The statistics don't lie. Americans are gun-happy. Dodgy

Is that "most Americans" or not?

And is having a gun, any gun, a sign of being "gun happy"?
24-06-2016, 10:48 AM
(24-06-2016 10:00 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  
Deesse23 Wrote:  I had to chuckle when it said that Viernheim is near Frankfurt. Its ca. 70km from Frankfurt, but only a few km from Mannheim a 300.000 city, where the car and the bike was invented. Just tryin´ to hold up the flag of my hometown Flex

Omg is that Viernheim that is 'twinned' with Potters Bar in the UK (my childhood home town)? I went there on an exchange programme going back 22 odd years. Small world.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Yessir

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
24-06-2016, 11:48 AM
(24-06-2016 10:11 AM)SYZ Wrote:  —The statistics don't lie. Americans are gun-happy. Dodgy

By the numbers you yourself poasted, most Americans don't own a firearm.

How, exactly, do you get "gun-happy" from that fact? How many Americans do you know IRL? How many years have you lived in America? What are your qualifications to make such broad pronouncements about 315 million people?
24-06-2016, 12:00 PM
I am surprised there hasn't really been any new information on this yet.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-06-2016, 01:10 PM
(23-06-2016 07:27 PM)izel Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 07:22 PM)Banjo Wrote:  If this happened in America, this guy would have pulled his six shooter and taken the guy out.

[Image: rooster-cogburn-hat-38.png]

Tongue

If this happened in America, the shooter would have had some rambo style weapons and instead of 20 injured it would have been 50 dead Consider

[Image: 080113holmes.jpg]

On July 20, 2012, a mass shooting occurred inside of a Century 16 movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, during a midnight screening of the film The Dark Knight Rises. A gunman, dressed in tactical clothing, set off tear gas grenades and shot into the audience with multiple firearms. Twelve people were killed and seventy others were injured, which was the largest number of casualties in a shooting in the United States[3] until the 2016 Orlando nightclub shooting. The sole assailant, James Eagan Holmes, was arrested in his car parked outside the cinema minutes later. It was the deadliest shooting in Colorado since the Columbine High School massacre in 1999. Prior to the shooting, Holmes rigged his apartment with homemade explosives, which were defused by a bomb squad one day after the shooting.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
24-06-2016, 01:29 PM
(23-06-2016 08:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  Since there seems to be no information on what the weapon used in the German cinema shooting, your comment seems premature.

They're saying it was a long gun whatever the fuck that means. I'm assuming that's some sort of hunting rifle. He fired a few shots in the air but never harmed the hostages. Dude was dazed and confused with a suicide-by-cop plan but at least he was decent enough not to hurt anyone else.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post