German police kill cinema shooter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2016, 01:36 PM
RE: German police kill cinema shooter
(24-06-2016 01:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
They're saying it was a long gun whatever the fuck that means.

If that's what they're saying, maybe you misheard ...

[Image: longan.png]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-06-2016, 01:51 PM
(24-06-2016 01:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 08:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  Since there seems to be no information on what the weapon used in the German cinema shooting, your comment seems premature.

They're saying it was a long gun whatever the fuck that means. I'm assuming that's some sort of hunting rifle. He fired a few shots in the air but never harmed the hostages. Dude was dazed and confused with a suicide-by-cop plan but at least he was decent enough not to hurt anyone else.

Long gun is a generic term for firearms with long barrels, I.e rifles and shotguns.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-06-2016, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2016 02:21 PM by Deesse23.)
He carried a "long [barreled] gun" (= usual term for unknown/unspecified type of rifle) and a pistol, both being fright shot (?). Fake handgrenades as well.
He was a 19y old from Mannheim, living in Hamburg.
Suicide by cop is pure speculation at the moment. Reasons for what he did are unknown at the moment.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
24-06-2016, 08:56 PM
(23-06-2016 08:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  Since there seems to be no information on what the weapon used in the German cinema shooting, your comment seems premature.

They're saying it was a long gun whatever the fuck that means. I'm assuming that's some sort of hunting rifle. He fired a few shots in the air but never harmed the hostages. Dude was dazed and confused with a suicide-by-cop plan but at least he was decent enough not to hurt anyone else.

No, a long gun is anything that is not a hand gun - a rifle, a shotgun, a carbine, a machine gun, etc.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2016, 09:30 PM

Except for the part where the slug could affect someone in its completed trajectory. People shoot their guns in the air on July 4th and New Year's Eve here in the US, and other times just for kicks. People are killed by those discharges falling from the sky. Who is to say that shooting a gun into the "sky" is actually safe? Not trying to bust your balls, here. Personally, if I wanted to die, I'd just go huff a bag of nitrogen. I wouldn't take anyone with me, and I'd have to have a terminal illness, to do that.
24-06-2016, 11:49 PM
(24-06-2016 09:22 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Most Americans don't worship guns, most Americans don't own guns. Most Americans are concerned about the proliferation of guns. The fact that you can lump all those people in with the "ardent gunners" shows the power of the NRA's propaganda machine.

Take no notice of me last night. I am on so many powerful drugs, by late evening or night I am off my tree. Brain dead and often nonsensical. My chemo began 19 months ago.

Add the experimental drug, plus the various tablets I must take alongside it. My signature is there for a very real reason.

Tongue

Weeping

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-06-2016, 05:07 AM
(24-06-2016 11:49 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 09:22 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Most Americans don't worship guns, most Americans don't own guns. Most Americans are concerned about the proliferation of guns. The fact that you can lump all those people in with the "ardent gunners" shows the power of the NRA's propaganda machine.

Take no notice of me last night. I am on so many powerful drugs, by late evening or night I am off my tree. Brain dead and often nonsensical. My chemo began 19 months ago.

Add the experimental drug, plus the various tablets I must take alongside it. My signature is there for a very real reason.

Tongue

Weeping
Can I extend that to all the other non-Americans who lump us into one gun-crazy mass? Consider
25-06-2016, 05:16 AM
(25-06-2016 05:07 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Can I extend that to all the other non-Americans who lump us into one gun-crazy mass? Consider

No. You may not.

However the problem is huge in that country. Approaching third world conditions. And people such as yourself seem powerless to control it. Indeed, it seems beyond control now.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
25-06-2016, 05:22 AM
(25-06-2016 05:16 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(25-06-2016 05:07 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Can I extend that to all the other non-Americans who lump us into one gun-crazy mass? Consider

No. You may not.

However the problem is huge in that country. Approaching third world conditions. And people such as yourself seem powerless to control it. Indeed, it seems beyond control now.
I'm not powerless, I'm working with my Congressman to try to get this stupidity under control.
25-06-2016, 05:23 AM
(25-06-2016 05:22 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I'm not powerless, I'm working with my Congressman to try to get this stupidity under control.

Good luck. Be sure to buy a lottery ticket too. Wink

Banjo.