Germany to establish a Ministry of Truth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2016, 07:19 AM
Germany to establish a Ministry of Truth
English article: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38417757
German article: http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/netzpolit...27174.html

I don't know what happened to my country. Sometimes I feel like fascism never really went away, that it simply became more subversive after we lost WW2. We've always had ludicrous censorship in Germany, but I think this, along with the government's plan to fine Facebook for not deleting Fake News™ (instead of simply labeling it as such like they do in the US), crosses a line that should never be crossed. History has shown us that governments deciding what is and isn't true is a recipe for disaster.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Vosur's post
24-12-2016, 08:06 AM
RE: Germany to establish a Ministry of Truth
RIP.

Have fun with your government administered fake news™
24-12-2016, 08:18 AM
And this will, no doubt, soon be a reality for the US, too:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ted-States
24-12-2016, 08:26 AM
(24-12-2016 08:06 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  RIP.

The government is already fucking you in the basement of a pizza parlor, what do you care? Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-12-2016, 10:02 AM
(24-12-2016 08:26 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-12-2016 08:06 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  RIP.

The government is already fucking you in the basement of a pizza parlor, what do you care? Rolleyes

I care about that, and then I also care about the propaganda they create to cover it up.
24-12-2016, 10:49 AM
(24-12-2016 07:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Sometimes I feel like fascism never really went away, that it simply became more subversive after we lost WW2. We've always had ludicrous censorship in Germany,

Spiegel Affäre

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
24-12-2016, 11:08 AM
(24-12-2016 07:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Sometimes I feel like fascism never really went away

It never left. A worldwide, history wide epidemic.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
24-12-2016, 11:21 AM
(24-12-2016 07:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  English article: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38417757
German article: http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/netzpolit...27174.html

I don't know what happened to my country. Sometimes I feel like fascism never really went away, that it simply became more subversive after we lost WW2. We've always had ludicrous censorship in Germany, but I think this, along with the government's plan to fine Facebook for not deleting Fake News™ (instead of simply labeling it as such like they do in the US), crosses a line that should never be crossed. History has shown us that governments deciding what is and isn't true is a recipe for disaster.

I am not so much worried about the creation of a "Ministery of Truth" than by the Cold War rethoric that has enrapture the Western world since Russia involvement in the Syrian civil war and more recently Trump's election. Let's face it, trying to remove "fake news" from social media will be a bit like trying to catch all the rain drops in a storm. Sure with a good umbrella, you will be shielded from most, but I can guaranty you that lots of stupid and false stories will pass under the radar. On the other hand, this Cold War rethoric lets me think that this "war on fake news" will touch less, urban legends, anti-vaxxer, religious fundamentalist and the occasionnal Holocost deniers and more political opponents and especially pieces critical of US and allies foreign policies. This "war on fake news" could only create a "Ministery of Truth" if it starts to tackle editiorials and opinion pieces and not simply stories.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
24-12-2016, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2016 12:17 PM by DLJ.)
(24-12-2016 11:21 AM)epronovost Wrote:  ...
This "war on fake news" could only create a "Ministery of Truth" if it starts to tackle editiorials and opinion pieces and not simply stories.

Sejanus once had a similar job.....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
24-12-2016, 11:31 AM
(24-12-2016 10:02 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I care about that, and then I also care about the propaganda they create to cover it up.

I stopped reading the news a few years ago. Look at the media, Murdoch owns Fox!!!

Mr Page three!

IMO, one needs to use one's brain and devise what is happening, rather than what is reported.

It is a truth that Trump is US president elect.

This is what's happening.

Meanwhile, I got shunned by a cat! Sad

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post